2022 NBA Offseason Thread: Preseason kicks off; Things are fine in Los Angeles, Draymond beats the charges

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol the Celtics retire everybody's jersey. Pau was all NBA 3 years in a row, is a future HOFer and was the 2nd best player on a team that went to 3 straight Finals and won b2b he absolutely deserves to be in the rafters.
I mean you named lesser standards than everything I named :lol:. Think we just have different ideas of what it should take to get your jersey retired

Lol the Celtics retire everybody's jersey. Pau was all NBA 3 years in a row, is a future HOFer and was the 2nd best player on a team that went to 3 straight Finals and won b2b he absolutely deserves to be in the rafters.
Kobe made this man's NBA career.

I mean you named lesser standards than everything I named :lol:. Think we just have different ideas of what it should take to get your jersey retired

Pau's tenure in LA is right in line with Worthy, Chamberlain, Wilks, Goodrich in terms of individual and team success. Only fitting that he hangs right next to Bean. It'll only be the 10th individual to get his jersey retired.

Pau allowed Kobe 2 more rings, made 3 straight finals as the second best player and was all nba caliber 4 of his years there

He deserves it

You got this twisted. Kobe allowed Pau to win 2 more rings, make 3 straight finals as the second best player and was all nba caliber 4 of his years there because of Kobe.

Without Do-It-All Gasol, I guarantee everybody here Kobe ends his career with 3 rings. No if's ands or Seymore but's about it.

Remember, Kobe took the heavily favored #2 seed PHX Suns to 7 games with Kwame, Cook, Odom, and Chris Mihm. Imagine what Kobe would've done to the high powered '06 Suns in thr playoffs with Gasol instead of Kwame and Brian frk'n Cook LOL

Why do you think Kobe was so grateful for having Pau by his side? He himself knew that Gasol was the MAIN PIECE that allowed him to get rings 4 and 5. You think had LA acquired Antonio McDyess, Jermaine O'Neal, or even a David Lee instead of Pau that either of those three mid level bigs would've neutralized KG, Sheed, or Prime Dwight in the Finals? Lol

Last edited:
I'd like to know how a guy who put up 32/6/7 and 29/8/4 in consecutive finals series DIDN'T deserve Finals MVP both years. That's what intrigues me.

Speaking of retiring Lakers jerseys, if lebron retired today would the Lakers retire his number? If so is it because he’s Lebron or because of what he’s done?

I can’t see it being the latter *shrug*

Speaking of retiring Lakers jerseys, if lebron retired today would the Lakers retire his number? If so is it because he’s Lebron or because of what he’s done?

I can’t see it being the latter *shrug*

They gonna retire his jersey.

KG got his jersey retired by Boston basically for one great season. That's more ludacris than Pau.

KG got his number retired for reviving the franchise and ending the drought. His individual seasons and accolades really had nothing to do with it. Had more to do with him shifting the culture.

KG got his number retired for reviving the franchise and ending the drought. His individual seasons and accolades really had nothing to do with it. Had more to do with him shifting the culture.

I get it, just don't remember ppl bringing up his lack of accolades with the team to justify why he got his number in the rafters. Was just a juxtaposition with Pau. Celtics really have 23 numbers retired though gaddamn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom