2022 NBA Offseason Thread: Preseason kicks off; Things are fine in Los Angeles, Draymond beats the charges

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't get me wrong, there was like a 90% chance a quarter of Mitchell-Randle-Brunson-Barrett was going to lead the Knicks to no where, but I think I still would've rolled with the dice.

I think New York could've beaten that Cleveland offer.

I may or may not be saying this as a fan of a team that still has Brick on it.
I probably wouldn’t have rolled the dice as the Knicks. Ainge seemed determined to rake them over the coals. Probably saved them from themselves. Feel like they just need to stay the course, not do anything stupid and just bank on one of these stars eventually deciding to come to NY if they’re going to be too good to be awful.

There's no secondary scorer over there, Chris Paul is another year older, the Suns had a road to the Finals littered with injuries to key players on the other end and still looked shaky.

I'm just not there man. They walked around with their chest out for an entire year and folded in the biggest game of their season. Not seeing it. They are Fools Gold to me.

I also think there's some "trauma you don't get over" stuff going on with PHX too.

It's not real 'analysis' per se, but I just don't believe in teams who lose so traumatically in the off's and then bring back the exact same team. Like, when UTA blew it vs LAC, or Lob City blowing it against Houston, you just don't recover from **** like that. It's over.

I put what happened to Phx vs DAL in that same vein.

There's no secondary scorer over there, Chris Paul is another year older, the Suns had a road to the Finals littered with injuries to key players on the other end and still looked shaky.

I'm just not there man. They walked around with their chest out for an entire year and folded in the biggest game of their season. Not seeing it. They are Fools Gold to me.
I hear what you’re saying but definitely don’t have enough faith in Minny to pencil them in like that yet.

I also think there's some "trauma you don't get over" stuff going on with PHX too.

It's not real 'analysis' per se, but I just don't believe in teams who lose so traumatically in the off's and then bring back the exact same team. Like, when UTA blew it vs LAC, or Lob City blowing it against Houston, you just don't recover from **** like that. It's over.

I put what happened to Phx vs DAL in that same vein.
Yup. They have to wake up every day knowing that they're frauds. ANd no matter what happens, they frauded it up. They won 60 games, bragged about it then got embarrassed. You don't just forget that. They had second-round loss written all over them to begin with, I just expected the seeding luck with no THJR to help them and they couldn't even do that.

I hear what you’re saying but definitely don’t have enough faith in Minny to pencil them in like that yet.
That's fair. MY TIMBERWOLVES though. I am standing on my take. We'll see what happens in April/May.

Win now for Cleveland, better return than what the Knicks could do if they didn't include RJ

D’Lo defending the ball with Rudy in drop sounds like a dream for Chris Paul.

Catching up in here after the Spida trade went down, the EYE saw this:

That was an era. B-Talk! 🧅 booty

starwars-obi-wan.gif

That's fair. MY TIMBERWOLVES though. I am standing on my take. We'll see what happens in April/May.
Aye, I probably wont even remember this so you’re safe with me. Don’t even think it’s particularly outlandish either but would just need to see a Superstar type jump from Ant Man, but still worry about what happens to Gobert when the ‘Offs come around. He’s a liability.

D’Lo defending the ball with Rudy in drop sounds like a dream for Chris Paul.

For CP, Luka, Steph, Kawhi, Bron, PG,...

I don't see it for the Suns, but I really don't see it for the Wolves.

I'm good on a KAT / Rudy front court. On either side of the ball, they can be exploited in a way that makes me concerned about them in a material way and that's before you get to D'Lo who's simply...not good.

I don't see it for Minny.

Philly / BOS / BKN / MIL 'should be' the surefire top 4 in the conference. After that it's up for grabs, I think.

In order:

MIL
BOS
PHL
BKN

Philly/Bkn is close though. I wanna say Bkn is better but last playoff collapse and general dysfunction on the team makes me think otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom