2022 NBA Offseason Thread: Preseason kicks off; Things are fine in Los Angeles, Draymond beats the charges

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the Celtics definitely should’ve just swept it under the rug, right? Private matter? Handled it wrong?
The duration of the initial suspension made me think that a mixed baby could come out of this story. Now I think they just want to punish and publicly shame "the Black man for frolicking with the white woman".
Very on brand for the Celtics and/or America imo

So Boston is going to throw away title hopes because of an inappropriate relationship?

Obviously, a lot of details are missing. Hopefully, he lands on his feet.

Definitely not caping but ime was wilding, man. He can go knockdown a roster of women outside of the organization but he got sloppy. That’s on him.

He was the face of black coaches in the NBA and a former player at that. He should know how to maneuver if that’s how he’s going to get down.

I agree. Definitely should have been more discreet.

Just sad to see him go out like this.

And despite screaming A, I’m curious if a coach of a different demographic would have been treated the same?

I agree. Definitely should have been more discreet.

Just sad to see him go out like this.

And despite screaming A, I’m curious if a coach of a different demographic would have been treated the same?

Of course not but we know the rules ain’t ever been fair. At the same time you can’t trick it off on your own doing. Ime will get another chance though for sure.

all the talk of KD leaving, Russ, Kyrie etc and Ime Udoka and Rob Sarver ended up out the door. Funny how things play out. It's beautiful.

I mean it’s alleged sexual harassment from one of the faces of the franchise to a subordinate. Kind of a big deal. And like some were saying yesterday, opens the franchise up to potential legal issues.

The organization gave him chances and he refused to listen. He could’ve been a lot smarter but he wasn’t, and now has to pay the price.

I think it’s more so who he smashed. You can’t be having consensual relationships with wives of people in power. If he smashed a single janitor no one would care.

Woman In general. Especially in the work place. Which is a no no even more these days.

I wished a woman at my job happy bday have a great one, next thing I know she’s telling everyone “he was flirting with me”. “Shrugs”
I feel like if Coach Udoka was hooking up with a man, it wouldn’t be like this. They’d probably celebrate him for coming out

Being a single heterosexual black man, attractive to woman makes these white men espcially older white men self conscious.

kevin-samuels-women.gif

C Cooper is old school like a mfer. Had a female assistant coach once and she was more raw than our head coach :lol: It made practices real live. I guess women don't do locker room talk.

this was always going to get ugly. It just happened to leak before we knew the facts.
public and media would dig into this if you out of the blue if you said he was disciplined and suspended.

sweep it under the rug? Ownership would be crazy and if the were to get caught would face huge fines to protect him after they warned not to engage in bad behavior

Think some of y’all are missing the huge part of the unwanted comments. That’s why he’s outta here and when this situation became a major liability.
Sometimes with affairs between married (or otherwise attached) people that they’re not on the same page about ending it. That could be what happened here. She wanted to end it but he wanted to keep it going. That might be where the unwanted stuff came from. Definitely plausible.

Think some of y’all are missing the huge part of the unwanted comments. That’s why he’s outta here and when this situation became a major liability.
The “reporting” from Woj and Shams has been pretty suspect. Shams basically buried the lead within his article instead of making it the title.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom