2022 NBA Offseason Thread: Preseason kicks off; Things are fine in Los Angeles, Draymond beats the charges

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s hard for 90% of European guards to become really good players over here. Like we can do this back and forth. Let FIBA be FIBA. Let the league be the league

I dont think anyones having a back and forth. :lol:

No one tryna argue that Euro ball is better, saying its harder to score in Euro doesnt mean its better.

No one said harder to score makes it better though. The NBA is clearly the best product out.

Watching international FIBA games is fun as hell though. Teams play with hella pride.

I agree, NBA Is a better product.

Ive always found it silly when people use European basketball

To tear down AAU and American basketball development.

Not a crazy concept. Different rules, different spacing. Harder doesn’t make it better.

so hear me out,
if back in let's say the 1960's they had different rules, and different spacing.

the game would be different,
without the players necessarily being worse? 🤔

but please stop me if im being a contrarian.

Last edited:
AAU is a ****show right now with kids playing with no respect on the court. Makes for good views on TikTok though. :rolleyes

sure youth basketball at the lower levels can be bad.

but american basketball consistently produces more creative and dynamic players.
people see the very best euro guys and assume it's a product of euro development.

when in reality it's just survivorship bias.
the guys who make it to the NBA are like that but they are not typical.

if you watch euro teams at the youth level, which I did for a while when I was heavy following Canada basketball

youll see euro teams and players are way more rigid and less creative.

AAU and HS has it's flaws, but it seems clear to me the early professionalization and academy system common europe has drawbacks of its own.

If my kid had talent, id much rather put my kid in high level AAU, HS, than european development.

European players tend to come from countries where the most popular sport is soccer.
In those countries the absolute best natural physical athletes play soccer, unless they become too tall.

So european basketball is pulling from a less athletic pool of players

the ONLY way for non super elite athlete to make it all the way to the NBA
is to be elite at things like skill, touch, feel for the game, shooting ect.

So European development isn't making guys like Jokic, Luka, unusually skilled.

it's simply the inevitable end result of having a less athletic pool of talent.

AAU is a ****show right now with kids playing with no respect on the court. Makes for good views on TikTok though. :rolleyes

Have you ever played AAU ball? :lol:

Or city Rec in general. I swear, I’m astonished at people being up in arms at 11-17 year olds talking crazy to each other on the basketball court.

I remember Troy Frankin (Towson U) doing a Ball fake and dancing in 2001…and my coach was ready to jump off the bench and lay him out. Then he talked crazy to us, for letting that slide lol.

We was 11 :lol:. It made us better

309392043_6275059209189217_6949849892753754941_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom