2023 Official MLB Season Thread

Added a new ball to the collection.

D4B6A433-DCFE-45E6-9D7C-4AA032C7D2F0.jpeg

New York Yankees' Nestor Cortes deactivates account after old tweets surface​

3:18 PM PT

BALTIMORE -- New York Yankees left-hander Nestor Cortes said he deactivated his Twitter account after screenshots surfaced Sunday of tweets from a decade ago that included racial slurs.
Cortes appeared to be quoting rap lyrics in at least some of the tweets, and he did not seem to be using the words to demean anyone directly.
"I felt like it wasn't the right message that I wanted to send out, when I was 17 years old," Cortes said before Monday's game against Baltimore. "Those happened 10 years ago. I deactivated my Twitter to clean stuff up.
"It's not acceptable," he added. "I think I could have managed myself and said stuff differently. But I'm here today to say that I'm going to work on it and fix it."
Cortes, 27, has been one of the best pitchers in the majors this season, sporting a 1.35 ERA after seven starts.

NY Yankees playing well are uncancellable… he could murder someone out on Brooklyn Blvd or Madison Ave or whatever lame duck said

If I were any kind of famous and had a twitter account, the first thing I'm doing is scrubbing it + FB + IG + myspace or whatever the hell else I have :lol:

Correa assuredly 1 and done in 'Sota the way Royce Lewis been playing.

They're gonna trade him for an ace and prospects later this season if this holds up...

If they’re in contention you think they trade him? Cause he’ll be back soon and if he starts hitting like everyone thinks

If they’re in contention you think they trade him? Cause he’ll be back soon and if he starts hitting like everyone thinks

I do. Less to do with Correa and his propensity to go off, but with what is understood to be a "rental" that you can replace with a a guy producing who is younger, cheaper, etc., you can get some much-needed arms. The Twins stand no chance with this current rotation...none. if they can find a way to place Lewis somewhere, keep Correa and still improve their rotation, then "duh"..but that's not realistic.

Back
Top Bottom