2022 OFFICIAL NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - NBA FINALS TIME - GS 4-2 - STEVE GETS #4……ON NT - SUMMER JAM SCREEN RECEIPTS INCOMING……

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's not act like Luka's James Harden's gutless self, either.

This style of play obviously leaves a slim margin of error. Nobody's arguing that.

Nobody's arguing that this roster is perfect, either. Luka's 23. This is all gravy right now regardless.
I agree props to him for taking them this far, it's impressive. I just think there's a little more to it than "the threes weren't falling.." There's a lot of room for improvement.

I will say tho if he doesn't develop more as a pure scorer meaning off the ball, picking spots not needing to dribble so much, it will start to look like the gutless sheriff you mentioned.

I agree props to him for taking them this far, it's impressive. I just think there's a little more to it than "the threes weren't falling.." There's a lot of room for improvement.

I will say tho if he doesn't develop more as a pure scorer meaning off the ball, picking spots not needing to dribble so much, it will start to look like the gutless sheriff you mentioned.
There's obviously room for improvement - and a lot more of it starts and stops with Luka than it does needing more help.

They need the periphery guys to be better, obviously. But they're so bad in space and transition largely because of Luka. Conditioning, body language, looking for whistles rather than just playing through it. It's a lot of stuff - but almost all of it on both ends with regards to their pacing to me points back to him.

He's got a TON of room for improvement in his activity off the ball, posting up, etc. He's still a kid. It's why all the "is he at his ceiling already" stuff in this thread a couple weeks ago was goofy. It's glaring there's major opportunities for growth.
You're right, I think they were nervous as hell. I was talking more about the second half.
The second half was over as soon as GS hit that 10-0 run and went up 17 after the Mavs missed two more open threes and Luka turned it over twice in the paint. Game was dead.

Everything after that don't even matter as far as I'm concerned.

There wouldn't be a last night for yall to play without the volume of 3 point makes and same for us.

You guys shot am unsustainable percentage from midrange last night, literally better than yall have shot all year.

It will balance out
We will see. I'd say that alot of shots inside the arc were good looks. The Warriors have been shooting bad from the 3 all playoffs, so we made adjustments against Memphis and brought it over to this series. We don't live and die by the three, which I believe gives us a better chance to hit at a higher percentage. We had a few playoff games which our 3pt percentage was ****ty, yet out 2pt percentage was solid in the same game.

There's obviously room for improvement - and a lot more of it starts and stops with Luka than it does needing more help.

They need the periphery guys to be better, obviously. But they're so bad in space and transition largely because of Luka. Conditioning, body language, looking for whistles rather than just playing through it. It's a lot of stuff - but almost all of it on both ends with regards to their pacing to me points back to him.

The second half was over as soon as GS hit that 10-0 run and went up 17 after the Mavs missed two more open threes and Luka turned it over twice in the paint. Game was dead.

Everything after that don't even matter as far as I'm concerned.
Luka was definitely overwhelmed. I believe he will bounce back and this will be his lowest scoring game in the series.

If you're talking about when the Warriors went up 64-49, they still have more than enough time to chip away at the lead. There was still 9:00 minutes left in the 3rd.

Luka was definitely overwhelmed. I believe he will bounce back and this will be his lowest scoring game in the series.

If you're talking about when the Warriors went up 64-49, they still have more than enough time to chip away at the lead. There was still 9:00 minutes left in the 3rd.
It was after Steph hit that last three in that run that put the Warriors up 17, he was dancing, went to timeout ... Game was over at that point.

For a relatively young team that ain't ever been here before and the most experience guy on their roster from a playoffs perspective is Davis Bertans? In that building? Against THAT team?

Nah, that game was over as soon as Steph threw that dagger.

Highest volume of open 3s we’ve got all playoffs.

Variance going the other way

Like I said Mavs in 6

Tell y’all selves anything man :lol:

Dubs dogged some bullets. But if you think open 3s being missed is the difference in this series…

You’re in for a rude awakening.

Because the other side is missing wide open 3s that are easily generated too. And the guys missing those 3s, are two of the best ever.

I like the Mavs tho. Going to be competitive. But the dubs will win this in 5. Mavs got a bright future for sure. They keep building and improving on what they got, and the sky is the limit.

It was after Steph hit that last three in that run that put the Warriors up 17, he was dancing, went to timeout ... Game was over at that point.

For a relatively young team that ain't ever been here before and the most experience guy on their roster from a playoffs perspective is Davis Bertans? In that building? Against THAT team?

Nah, that game was over as soon as Steph threw that dagger.
You're right about those 2 missed 3s killing any momentum. Maybe this team is too inexperienced to climb back from 10+ deficits.

The question is, what meaningful adjustments would be even effective if the supporting cast isn't even hitting open shots?

You're right about those 2 missed 3s killing any momentum. Maybe this team is too inexperienced to climb back from 10+ deficits.
It's been a thing all postseason. Not a guy on this team knows how to win at this level at this point. But that part isn't unusual or unique to the Mavs.

Going down 17 on 36 hours rest against a team that's effectively won 3 titles together and had extra days off? Nah.

Advanced stats get weirder by the day
I mean... Is it really weird to look at easily accessible shot distributions and percentages for a team or the league as a whole and say "even on an average day shooting they'd convert X"?

It's been a thing all postseason. Not a guy on this team knows how to win at this level at this point. But that part isn't unusual or unique to the Mavs.

Going down 17 on 36 hours rest against a team that's effectively won 3 titles and had extra days off? Nah.
In any case, the shots will eventually fall. The Mavs reminds me alot of that Rockets team we played, albiet more inexperienced. It can look like ****ty basketball in one game, and look like it's raining shots in the next.

With that being said, I'll never kick my feet up until we can beat a team in their house, especially against a team full of a bunch of potential snipers.

I mean... Is it really weird to look at easily accessible shot distributions and percentages for a team or the league as a whole and say "even on an average day shooting they'd convert X"?
Yea I don’t see how this is weird at all :lol:. We track how players shoot on contested shots/open looks, etc. I’m sure this isn’t even a hard stat to put together. Soccer has analytics on what a team’s expected goals scored should be and it’s one of the most valued stats in the analytics community.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom