2022 OFFICIAL NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - NBA FINALS TIME - GS 4-2 - STEVE GETS #4……ON NT - SUMMER JAM SCREEN RECEIPTS INCOMING……

Status
Not open for further replies.
Always amazes me how ppl can't/won’t understand that the MVP has nothing to do with the playoffs…The votes are in before it starts n there’s literally a separate award for that time of year in June :lol: :smh:
Very true. It's kind of the same thing/energy though as when everyone ****s on Gobert during the Playoffs for getting regular season DPOY

I feel like I disappeared from the thread for like 30-45 minutes because I was trying to make a play on Grey Market Allie LaForce that was sitting next to me on the Acela and all hell has OFFICIALLY broken loose. My man JD617 JD617 came through like
1650312935798.gif

Also - DeMar DeHadpants was one of the funniest things I’ve ever seen on NT :lol:

Always amazes me how ppl can't/won’t understand that the MVP has nothing to do with the playoffs…The votes are in before it starts n there’s literally a separate award for that time of year in June :lol: :smh:

Some people just WANT to argue, that’s what it is….

And I didn’t even pick Jokic for MVP. I picked Embiid.

This is like the 10th time my old comments have been brought up in an NBA thread. I've apologized at length for them in past and continue to do so. I get it though. If you don't accept the apology, you have every right not to. All I can say is I really am sorry.

Very true. It's kind of the same thing/energy though as when everyone ****s on Gobert during the Playoffs for getting regular season DPOY
That’s kind of the NBA’s fault for only highlighting like 8 teams during the regular season tho :lol: The amount of times the Lakers or Knicks were on TV when both teams were trash was ridiculous.

He's just as much a target as any 2 time MVP would that's gonna get smacked in the 1st Rd.

He had a great year but the MVP shouldn't go to a dude who's team ain't even a contender. It's a bad look especially when Giannis and Embiid are better players on better teams.
Yup only other MVP not on contender i can think of off top is Westbrook and we all know he was never the actual most valuable player in the league. They fall for the stats smh. It's a team game if there's other options who have more of an impact and are on actual contenders it's a no brainer.

People act like Jokic has been horrible in the playoffs.
he's had lots of great series when he had the 2nd and 3rd options healthy.

Embiid hasn't been some dominant playoff force, that may change this year.

but if we were judging MVP's off of playoff track record.

Jokic has been better.

ESPN telling Woj to blame gambling when their own media coverage is at fault. :smh:

Fans and heckling are definitely better than they used to be. The atmosphere you see today can't possibly be any worse than the atmosphere of the past where harsher things were more acceptable.

But also players nowadays are taking less **** because they have to hear it more often now with the internet and 24/7 media cycle. It's constant for them and everyone has a breaking point where they finally have to respond.

Both these things can be true. Neither of them have anything to do with gambling. Why don't we blame drinking and sex while we're at it as well? Recriminalize weed, save the basketball players!

Joker and the Nuggets won 3 less games than the Bucks and Sixers. You’d think they won 23 less with the way some dudes are talking.

ESPN telling Woj to blame gambling when their own media coverage is at fault. :smh:

Lol you would have thought this was Italy Series A soccer and the arena was chanting homophobic and racial slurs. :lol:

But again contrarian, so don't mind me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom