2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, Charlie Hustle: Rest In Power, Willie. RIP, Pete.

Not really sure what MLB can do to bring in younger/more fans. Let’s keep it real. Baseball is boring AF and way too long. To the average person it looks like players just stand around all day. The only real people who watch are former players or people really into sports. Football you can turn on and everyone is engaged can’t say the same for a baseball game. Sports betting is probably helping baseball stay alive longer too.

I've always wondered why the season is as long as it is? By Late July/Early August, there are so many teams that are already out of contention. It's a slow moving game, people lose interest. With video games being where they are, social media, etc. kids don't seem to be attracted to sports as they once were. Not to mention the growing worries of getting hurt. I know injuries lean more towards contact sports like football.

The Cubs are garbage and will always be garbage and their World Series in 2016****

WelldocumentedPreciousDromaeosaur-size_restricted.gif

I've always wondered why the season is as long as it is? By Late July/Early August, there are so many teams that are already out of contention. It's a slow moving game, people lose interest. With video games being where they are, social media, etc. kids don't seem to be attracted to sports as they once were. Not to mention the growing worries of getting hurt. I know injuries lean more towards contact sports like football.

By the dog days part of the season my interest wanes and picks back up again the last couple weeks of the season. I feel like the World Series should be over in September.

How do you miss two different Fielders Choice.......
Pham hurt hand might help them get 2 here, but Moreland is flying the skies

One guy earlier this series said Yadi isn’t a HOFer and many believe that. ****in nuts, probably the best catcher I’ve seen in my life time. Could argue Ivan Rodriguez.

Last edited:
One guy earlier this season said Yadi isn’t a HOFer and many believe that. ****in nuts, probably the best catcher I’ve seen in my life time. Could argue Ivan Rodriguez.
Yo that is a wild statement. Hes def the best ive seen in my lifetime, pudge second, piazza 3rd.

Hes up there all time. Yadi, pudge, piazza, bench, carter, fisk. Real old school campanella, berra, gibson but obviously i never seen those guys play just heard the stories

chances are slim and i doubt it would happen but i would like to see a padres vs marlins series in the nlcs... would be exciting

Back
Top Bottom