2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, Charlie Hustle: Rest In Power, Willie. RIP, Pete.

Serious question, do y'all only watch your teams or not a lot of baseball in general?

Rays hitting is what it is - they overachieve but the majority of the offensive stats came from crushing the Yankees. They were below par against the rest of the league. I don't think they're overrated at all though. Really good team considering their payroll. They just maximize their talent - and FWIW, they were a pretty popular sleeper team this year by many "sharps" both pre-season and heading into the playoffs (despite being the #1 seed).

What was funny was that I saw someone say the Astros were getting dominated, but luck and 2 mental errors played a huge role into being down 0-3. Astros should've swept if we're keeping it a buck. Still a lot of work to do though.

Snell hasn't pitched more than 5 innings all year because of his injury. Rays are heavy into analytics. Other than Glasnow and if their pitchers are really dealing, they rarely let their guys face the lineup a 3rd time.

There's your XBH by Tucker a-friend a-friend

looks like the regular season format exposed how bad the AL East and NL West are, that the top two teams in each league are getting equally exposed. I only watched Dodger games and the occasional national game but now watching the Rays crap the bed you wonder if they'd still be on top of the division if the full schedule vs. the central was played.

I’m cool with either Tampa or Houston winning. On some troll ****, I want Houston to win because they would epitomize 2020.

looks like the regular season format exposed how bad the AL East and NL West are, that the top two teams in each league are getting equally exposed. I only watched Dodger games and the occasional national game but now watching the Rays crap the bed you wonder if they'd still be on top of the division if the full schedule vs. the central was played.
AL East was def a bit overrated IMO. Red Sox were horrible. O's were rebuilding and the Jays definitely benefitted from a short season. Yankees did as well but their talent would have definitely overcome a 162 game schedule. I personally think the Rays would have still been in the mix for the top seed. They are a good team - I don't necessarily think they are getting exposed, but I also think a lot of people were down on the Astros because of the hate and also the record (which I don't necessarily disagree with).

Postseason experience matters though, our hitters have been locked in. They've been able to hit 2 elite pitching team in the A's and Rays, and also beat the best home team in the MLB in the Twins. Springer, Tuve, and Correa have absurd postseason numbers like it or not.

I don't think the Dodgers have been exposed tbh. They have a great team, especially on paper, but they definitely have some mental issues going on in the postseason :lol:

AL East was def a bit overrated IMO. Red Sox were horrible. O's were rebuilding and the Jays definitely benefitted from a short season. Yankees did as well but their talent would have definitely overcome a 162 game schedule. I personally think the Rays would have still been in the mix for the top seed. They are a good team - I don't necessarily think they are getting exposed, but I also think a lot of people were down on the Astros because of the hate and also the record (which I don't necessarily disagree with).

Postseason experience matters though, our hitters have been locked in. They've been able to hit 2 elite pitching team in the A's and Rays, and also beat the best home team in the MLB in the Twins. Springer, Tuve, and Correa have absurd postseason numbers like it or not.

I don't think the Dodgers have been exposed tbh. They have a great team, especially on paper, but they definitely have some mental issues going on in the postseason :lol:

The Rays are good, sure, but not top of the AL good IMO as evidenced here. They'd be in the mix I suppose. They got 40 wins beating up on the Sox, Orioles, and Buffalo. Add the Mets and to a lesser extent the Marlins. Once the 'Stros got over the offseason stuff and not having fans in the stadium they got their ish together and its showing out now since like you said they have the experience. Also y'all are facing some major playoff chokers RN :lol:. Dodgers are paper tigers, mental midgets. Can't adjust to the postseason strategies/pressure and our manager lacks critical thinking skills, not mutually exclusive. For example, Rios is on the bench tonight :smh:

Btw, this and then turning that double play shortly after :pimp:

Next AB, gets a double.

I'ma let y'all figure it out tho since he ain't top tier :lol:

Speaking on the NL West. I’ve been saying this since late this season when the Padres really started to come together. Aside from the Rockies almost winning the NL west in 2018. That division has been a cake walk for the Dodgers the past 8 seasons they’ve won the division. Even when the Giants won it all in 2014, they didn’t challenge much for the division.

The emergence of San Diego and what should be a good contending team for a while. That intra division competition is going to benefit the Dodgers, and the Padres as well to an extent. Playing a team capable of challenging them in the division almost 20 times a season should help them come October.

They’ve dominated that weak division for years where the bats looked unstoppable only to see them fold in October.

Speaking on the NL West. I’ve been saying this since late this season when the Padres really started to come together. Aside from the Rockies almost winning the NL west in 2018. That division has been a cake walk for the Dodgers the past 8 seasons they’ve won the division. Even when the Giants won it all in 2014, they didn’t challenge much for the division.

The emergence of San Diego and what should be a good contending team for a while. That intra division competition is going to benefit the Dodgers, and the Padres as well to an extent. Playing a team capable of challenging them in the division almost 20 times a season should help them come October.

They’ve dominated that weak division for years where the bats looked unstoppable only to see them fold in October.

It's crazy there's been so much flux between the other teams in the division but the Dodgers consistently come out on top. Post-McCourt stability and a big *** payroll helps :lol:

It's crazy there's been so much flux between the other teams in the division but the Dodgers consistently come out on top. Post-McCourt stability and a big *** payroll helps :lol:

it does. Let’s see what happens tonight. But if they don’t rally, they need to tweak the roster a bit. Doesn’t need a complete overhaul like I’ve been hearing people suggest. But they need to build this team to win in October, even if that means sacrificing some regular season wins.

I know you’re in the hockey thread. But the 2013-20 Dodgers remind me so much of the Washington Capitals and Tampa Bay Lightning of recent years before they won the cup with their constant regular season dominance and postseason failure.

1602896305724.gif

it does. Let’s see what happens tonight. But if they don’t rally, they need to tweak the roster a bit. Doesn’t need a complete overhaul like I’ve been hearing people suggest. But they need to build this team to win in October, even if that means sacrificing some regular season wins.

I know you’re in the hockey thread. But the 2013-20 Dodgers remind me so much of the Washington Capitals and Tampa Bay Lightning of recent years before they won the cup with their constant regular season dominance and postseason failure.

Tearing down the roster is a post game ultra hot take lol but I agree, starting with Dave and then maybe smarter/consistent contact hitters instead of the big swingers we have now. Or however they want to ID the correct way to build a roster that doesn't collapse in the postseason.

Yeah I can see those parallels but at least those Caps and TB teams got folded by equally good Pens or Bruins teams. I hope it doesn't come down to us having to get embarrased and swept by say the Marlins one year to get it together lol.

Tearing down the roster is a post game ultra hot take lol but I agree, starting with Dave and then maybe smarter/consistent contact hitters instead of the big swingers we have now. Or however they want to ID the correct way to build a roster that doesn't collapse in the postseason.

Yeah I can see those parallels but at least those Caps and TB teams got folded by equally good Pens or Bruins teams. I hope it doesn't come down to us having to get embarrased and swept by say the Marlins one year to get it together lol.

he’s had a rough series. But Betts is going to be that leadoff guy for a while and they’re much better off from having him. I don’t mind the big bats and home run hitters, but mixing it up smarter hitting is key. Too much boom or bust at times.

they have lost to the eventual champion from 2016-19 and the NL champs in 2015. But enough of that. Let’s see how they respond tonight with their backs against the wall.

Back
Top Bottom