2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, everybody: Rest In Power, Willie

the inferior analytics department is the real problem for the Mets

IMG_0346.gif

I remember hearing on the radio that Scherzer and Verlander do not get along.

Also heard Pete Alonso isn’t that popular in the locker room.

Team lacked leadership. Crazy how much of a mess that team is right now. Mets and Yankees both have to write Ohtani a blank check.

I remember hearing on the radio that Scherzer and Verlander do not get along.

Also heard Pete Alonso isn’t that popular in the locker room.

Team lacked leadership. Crazy how much of a mess that team is right now. Mets and Yankees both have to write Ohtani a blank check.
Shoulda moved Pete when they were selling.

Sonny rolling thru 6 innings. Curveball unhittable and getting better as the game goes on, 80 pitches and he's pulled before the 7th. Phillies now have the bases loaded after 2 singles and a HPB in the first inning of relief.

Sounds about right.... :smh:

X xxpizzo

Twins got a bit lucky there. Good **** by Thielbar though to clean up Jax's mess. That SO pitch was out of the box, but looked like it swept the plate. Just a pitchers pitch and got the call.

X xxpizzo

Twins got a bit lucky there. Good **** by Thielbar though to clean up Jax's mess. That SO pitch was out of the box, but looked like it swept the plate. Just a pitchers pitch and got the call.

Ya was a close pitch something like that will always be 50/50 i can see why phils players got mad but sometimes gotta protect on those close ones and not expect to be walked in with bases loaded

Phils Offense went to complete **** but yall got some great SP. They Cooked us last 2 games

Fun weekend of baseball though gotta bounce back

Ya was a close pitch something like that will always be 50/50 i can see why phils players got mad but sometimes gotta protect on those close ones and not expect to be walked in with bases loaded

I have 2 gripes about potential robo umps based on this. For one, it would help tremendously if umpires were overall more consistent and efficient with their strike zone. Because if they were, pitchers getting rewarded for throwing a "pitcher's pitch" wouldn't cause such an uproar.

Secondly, in regards to uproar based on the fans perception of what pitches outside of that box can/should be tolerated - I'm sure those of us that watch a lot of baseball recognizs that the CF camera used primarily every pitch is located in various positions from ballpark to ballpark...and it can never be straight on without the pitch being obstructed by the pitcher...my point with all this is some of these pitches called strikes are not only justifiable, but if you get a straight on angle, you can probably understand or at least tolerate why a strike was called.

Some calls are really bad...I just love the art of pitching to where if everything is in the frame of a 1-dimensional box...that is completely eliminated. I don't like that...so umpires need to get better or not get a HP credential until they develop efficiency.

Boy oh boy...that's been weighing on me, I guess. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom