2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, everybody: Rest In Power, Willie

Red Sox can afford him, Mookie wanted out.

He's had issues with fans and their racism, the whole situation with Adam Jones (I think) yelling racist **** at him. That **** hit him hard and really affected him. But I'm making it up.

REAL Dodgers fans, on a scale of 1-10 (10 being the best), how would you rate Verdugo?
Honestly believe Verdugo’s ceiling is an 8ish, he can hit and that arm is plus. The back injury thing is a little concerning but I’d say the only true concern should be his behavior/immaturity. Dodgers seemed to channel that energy positively last year though.

One thing that was lost in today's big trade....

The Twins may have gotten raped more than any other team. Graterol for Kenta Maeda are you serious?

Just awful.

One thing that was lost in today's big trade....

The Twins may have gotten raped more than any other team. Graterol for Kenta Maeda are you serious?

Just awful.

twins are literally doing anything for pitching. Look at how many starters they acquired this offseason.

First the Wilpons snake their way out of selling the team and now mookie is off the market. **** baseball man.m
The sad part about this mookie deal is that it’s a complete salary dump. They got nothing for him.

Red Sox can afford him, Mookie wanted out.

He's had issues with fans and their racism, the whole situation with Adam Jones (I think) yelling racist **** at him. That **** hit him hard and really affected him. But I'm making it up.

Not making up that he had an issue with the fan who yelled at Adam Jones, because the whole city. organization and league took issue with that. Duh :lol:

You are making it up that he wanted out of here. He wouldn't have come out and said that he likes it here and he wouldn't have negotiated several times if he he wanted out. Are you new to sports?

The FO wanted to trade him because they need to get under the luxury tax this year, otherwise they'd be on the hook for $700-$900 million and drafts picks over the next few. Where they goofed was hiring Dombrowski to hand out bad contracts to Sale, Price and Eovaldi which handcuffed the team.

We get that you don't like Boston. But at least try not to be disingenuous or troll, otherwise you're just stanfan east.

Ok klentak lets go over the tax please and make a move for a 3B

2BA46E5A-913C-4590-A1B1-70377161A712.png

Doubt it happens seems like he being cheap but would be some fun times at the ballpark with this LU

Imagine listening to Hahahaha Hahahaha though :lol:

Imagine listening to Hahahaha Hahahaha though :lol:

dude is just Timid in Timbs. don't mind him :lol:

You are making it up that he wanted out of here. He wouldn't have come out and said that he likes it here and he wouldn't have negotiated several times if he he wanted out. Are you new to sports?

This is a little naive. Tons of players say they like it where they are just as lip service and only to dip the moment they get the chance.

Also, where’d you get that $700-$900M number from? They’d only be paying $13M for being over this year and the Yankees have only paid $348M total since ‘03 when these penalties were put in place.

This is a little naive. Tons of players say they like it where they are just as lip service and only to dip the moment they get the chance.

Also, where’d you get that $700-$900M number from? They’d only be paying $13M for being over this year and the Yankees have only paid $348M total since ‘03 when these penalties were put in place.

Mookie is a liar then. Got it.

“No matter what I say, people are going to have their opinions and there is nothing I can do about that. I have made it known this is my second home. I have been here, this is all I have known. I’ve loved it here. I love the fans, everybody — my teammates, front office, everybody here. That doesn’t change the business of baseball and what value is there. I don’t want to go down that path, but for people who say I don’t enjoy it here, I love it here. I come here in the wintertime just to hang out with friends and whatnot. My family loves coming up here and going to do things. It’s not that I don’t like Boston at all.”

You can like it somewhere and still go and play elsewhere for more money. Not really a new phenomenon in sports.

As far as the the tax, on the radio they talked about it (I'll have to find the article) they said between tax/levies/payroll/picks it would end up being between $700-900M.

Which I don't really care about the $, they should have paid him. They're just greedy bosses.

Not making up that he had an issue with the fan who yelled at Adam Jones, because the whole city. organization and league took issue with that. Duh :lol:

The FO wanted to trade him because they need to get under the luxury tax this year, otherwise they'd be on the hook for $700-$900 million and drafts picks over the next few. Where they goofed was hiring Dombrowski to hand out bad contracts to Sale, Price and Eovaldi which handcuffed the team.

We get that you don't like Boston. But at least try not to be disingenuous or troll, otherwise you're just stanfan east.

Stanfan East :rofl:

*Steinbrenner rolling over in his grave with Timbs on*

1E2C4400-08CE-4B25-90B6-9F9834C61EB2.gif

Back
Top Bottom