2023 NFL Draft Thread: Rounds 4-7 4/29

1676384191193.png

Looking at that trade list, if you are the Bears......

Do you build around Fields with a couple of those picks,
Or...
Take QB at #1 and the extra picks you could get for Fields? (And the extra two years reset on your QB deal)

Or...
Take QB at #1 and the extra picks you could get for Fields? (And the extra two years reset on your QB deal)
Realistically what’s the market for Fields? A first?

Or...

In the situation as a new GM, I'd cut the losses. I'd hate giving up a talent like Fields, but that is probably the worst roster in the NFL and they wont be doing any winning on his rookie deal anyway...trade Fields, trade down and get multiple higher end picks. Still gonna suck next season to get a top 5 pick...get a bridge Q like a Jimmy G (though he may be more better suited for a quasi-contender). Get started on the next great Bears D first, trenches...as long as they stay outdoors, that's their MO.

In the above scenario, take the Texans trade and then trade down again from 2

use multiple QBs being available to your advantage

In the situation as a new GM, I'd cut the losses. I'd hate giving up a talent like Fields, but that is probably the worst roster in the NFL and they wont be doing any winning on his rookie deal anyway...trade Fields, trade down and get multiple higher end picks. Still gonna suck next season to get a top 5 pick...get a bridge Q like a Jimmy G (though he may be more better suited for a quasi-contender). Get started on the next great Bears D first, trenches...as long as they stay outdoors, that's their MO.

The only two 0-16 teams in NFL history built playoff rosters with 2 offseasons

I don’t think it takes that much time to build a decent roster in today’s NFL

Or...
Fields showed enough to be the guy at least next year. Get trade assets and put him in the best position to succeed with weapons and a good O Line. You’re doing the evaluation of your young QB if you don’t provide him those things at a minimum

Back
Top Bottom