2023 Official MLB Season Thread

Dude was 3rd in baseball for wild pitches by a reliever last season, had 11 balls out of 16 pitches last night, and broke a damn window in his house throwing a changeup. It's extremely probable that his control was slightly off.

3-0 pitch to bregman felt pretty intentional. stepping on the bag while Brantley was running down the line is iffy, but not enough to claim any intent. breaking ball was around correa's head, but dude was definitely all over the zone. honestly, he probably would've skated clean.

then he decided to pop off and start some **** he didn't need to. the league isn't going to let pitchers go full open season on astros hitters, talk all the **** they want, and just let it slide. manfred made an example out of him, he'll appeal the suspension, it'll get reduced, and we'll keep it moving.

Let us not forget

“The idea of an asterisk or asking for a piece of metal back seems like a futile act. People will always know that something was different about the 2017 season, and whether we made that decision right or wrong, we undertook a thorough investigation, and had the intestinal fortitude to share the results of that investigation, even when those results were not very pretty.”

Should’ve gotten the boot after this

Did someone say Kelly stepping on the bag was an iffy dirty play? I mean he was covering the bag like he was supposed to.

Wow, Manfred is an idiot.

Kelly gets suspended but nothing happens when you cheat your way to a championship!? Wtf, man.

This is why it's hard for me to take the MLB serious.

Would have been one thing if it had to do with breaking the social distance protocols, but there was nothing about that in the statement.

Joe Kelly pretty much got a behavioral suspension, 8 games in a 60 game season. Gurriel hit a homer off Darvish and taunted by slanting his eyes, during World Series broadcast, and got less in comparison which didn’t even need to be served until the following season. Just like its COVID-19 protocol (or lack there if), MLB doesn‘t really know what they’re doing....

Gurriel hit a homer off Darvish and taunted by slanting his eyes, during World Series broadcast, and got less in comparison which didn’t even need to be served until the following season.

THAT PART had me mad af like really next season. Wtf that gonna do

Altuve moved 3 maybe 4 steps to the left and its a "heck of a play" :stoneface:

Man actin like he ran from his normal position, they were in a shift

Manfred also unjuiced the baseballs this season. I’ve seen so many balls dying in the outfield so far.

I actually don't mind that.

Every other AB being a BB, HR or K gets old.

I miss dudes like Ichiro and Tony Gwynn that could slap it around.

Back
Top Bottom