2023 Official MLB Season Thread

This is insane…..

So when can we sign him?

MLB clubs reportedly pursued Sasaki when he was still in high school. He opted to remain in Japan and was the No. 1 pick in the 2019 NPB draft. Sasaki made his debut with the Marines last season, throwing 83 1/3 innings with a 1.84 ERA and 87 strikeouts.

When -- and if -- Sasaki will come over to MLB is unknown. He must accrue nine years of service time to be eligible for international free agency, and while he could request the Marines post him for MLB teams earlier than that, they are not obligated to do so. The Marines have posted only one player in their history: infielder Tsuyoshi Nishioka, who signed with the Minnesota Twins in 2010.

If the Marines intended to keep Sasaki for 9 years, it would be in 2028. Yikes. I hope they allow him to leave early

Ohtani preferred the MLB over the NBL when he was in high school. A NBL team still drafted him and made a deal that allowed Ohtani to leave early than usually

Last edited:
508C8F5F-9816-4ECC-B027-888AC149ED26.jpeg
I do my best not to dump on the A's for many reasons....but this is absolutely pathetic for a home opener.

I do my best not to dump on the A's for many reasons....but this is absolutely pathetic for a home opener.

Ownership wants to trade every decent player they have, talk about going to Vegas, and then nearly double season ticket prices for fans. What exactly are people expecting?

There’s almost no reason for a “casual” fan to show up.

Ownership wants to trade every decent player they have, talk about going to Vegas, and then nearly double season ticket prices for fans. What exactly are people expecting?

There’s almost no reason for a “casual” fan to show up.

Totally hear you. And to an extent I get it. But still 17k for a home opener is awful.

These ads are a disgrace and have no place on a baseball jersey. I don’t care if it’s been accepted in other sports.

Wont be able to see them when right handed hitters are up, but those are going to be very distracting when the lefty steps up.

Wont be able to see them when right handed hitters are up, but those are going to be very distracting when the lefty steps up.
I think they will be ok lol

Plenty of uniforms have had diff types of commemorative patches on the sleeves over the years.

Back
Top Bottom