2023 Official MLB Season Thread

On deck...

97865A7B-CF1C-46DB-990E-57E2457DAB49.gif

Mookie and Trout are gonna be getting the deals Manny and Harper were dreaming of

Is Hanley THAT bad that nobody signed him last year and is barely on a team this year?

He got in trouble with the law last year so he went back to the Dominican Republic and stayed there for awhile.

I think he’s eligible for a ring with the Sox but I doubt that they’ll give him one.

Realistically though he loses out on 100 million. You know aav will only increase over time due to inflation and basic supply/demand. It’s crazy to lock in for 13 years and make 25 a year.

Ah inflation, touché. Given his 2018 numbers he’s an enigma, maybe it was smart to get paid long term now rather than shorter term and risk being washed at age 32-34

Edit: 2016 wasn’t too hot for him either

He got paid but damn, I feel like 7-8 for 220-250 and then another payday would have made more sense and more money

YANKEES NEED TO GO GET KEUCHEL

welp byke to work i go. Shout out to the few phillies fans in here. Opening day bout to be FLAMES

last day of the month tho smh extra busy and im over here messing around

Ah inflation, touché. Given his 2018 numbers he’s an enigma, maybe it was smart to get paid long term now rather than shorter term and risk being washed at age 32-34

Edit: 2016 wasn’t too hot for him either
Fair point about the guarantee. I don’t see this contract aging well, even with the DH coming.

One last post

Trout hits FA watch out !

Attachments

• 0B61ABEF-647A-4DC0-99C7-EAFA29821EF2.png
    0B61ABEF-647A-4DC0-99C7-EAFA29821EF2.png
    313.3 KB · Views: 26
phillies overpaid for bryce but they had a great offseason... wonder if they will still go for trout next free agency... bryce would of been better off taking that 300 mil 10/yr deal from washington... wasted all that time for 30 million extra but more years and less average salary per year... he prally just wanted out of washington really

phillies overpaid for bryce but they had a great offseason... wonder if they will still go for trout next free agency... bryce would of been better off taking that 300 mil 10/yr deal from washington... wasted all that time for 30 million extra but more years and less average salary per year... he prally just wanted out of washington really
Reports that I read all offseason was that the only way we don't go for Trout is if we ended up getting both Manny and Bryce

I don't think the Phillies overpaid, but it's fair to say they over committed. 2020 offseason is about to be interesting too if/when Trout hits FA, Mookie (if not extended), and Giancarlo (opt-out) could be on the market.

welp byke to work i go. Shout out to the few phillies fans in here. Opening day bout to be FLAMES

last day of the month tho smh extra busy and im over here messing around
I been had opening day tickets since December so definitely can't wait now even moreso than usual. You copping a jersey?

I been had opening day tickets since December so definitely can't wait now even moreso than usual. You copping a jersey?

im not exactly a jersey person but i will for sure have a Shirshey. If he cooks this year ill consider a jersey lol

already got my guy Segura Shirsey man im hype on this dude big time

Back
Top Bottom