2023 Official MLB Season Thread

I’m curious now if intentional walks or faking an injury :lol: would be a sound strategy to get around the minimum

I don’t care for the 3 batter minimum but 4 pitchers in 1 inning is also ridiculous

Same. And I'm fine with a pitcher coming in to face just one specific better, just not when they do it constantly. I would have much more preferred a limit on how many pitchers you could use. The rule could have been creative in a good way too.

What if the pitcher comes in and is getting roped? He’s forced to get 3 outs still? :lol:

Edit never mind I’m an idiot.

:rofl:

Bro, thank you for not deleting this post. I'm dyin'. I really needed that laugh. :lol:

Just thinking how sick the Pads's INF finna be for years to come. Hosmer, Urias, Tatis Jr., Manny across the board. Francisco Mejia can rake, I wasn't happy about parting with him for Hand. Professional hitter. Probably has to move from catcher. Then SD got the arms too, Paddack and Gore growing up while Lucchesi leads the way. Franmil has star potential also. suavamente suavamente , I peeped you listed him as a fantasy sleeper. He's going to be the Padres's best OF for many, many years.

Same. And I'm fine with a pitcher coming in to face just one specific better, just not when they do it constantly. I would have much more preferred a limit on how many pitchers you could use. The rule could have been creative in a good way too.

:rofl:

Bro, thank you for not deleting this post. I'm dyin'. I really needed that laugh. :lol:
Don't know why I thought it was outs instead of batters :lol: :lol:.

Just thinking how sick the Pads's INF finna be for years to come. Hosmer, Urias, Tatis Jr., Manny across the board. Francisco Mejia can rake, I wasn't happy about parting with him for Hand. Professional hitter. Probably has to move from catcher. Then SD got the arms too, Paddack and Gore growing up while Lucchesi leads the way. Franmil has star potential also. suavamente suavamente , I peeped you listed him as a fantasy sleeper. He's going to be the Padres's best OF for many, many years.

yessir Padres gonna be an MLB TV must watch this year

Hope harper is ok.

Not sure how you throw a 96mph fastball so off like that. I can see a slider or something but FB ? Iunno man they been pitchin in to him all day anyway.,..

488785AD-DC02-4B3E-986C-D3C713D59914.jpeg

Shout out to the phillies today

heres video of it

These takes may not age well but I stand firmly entrenched behind them, after pondering a while. I’m predicting Eloy Jimenez has a better career than Harp when it’s all said and done, same with Devers in comparison to Manny.

I’ll give you eloy but not devers.

Man look at dudes motion and mechanics. Nothing shocking about his lack of command at all. Dude is just jerking the ball to the plate.

predictions?
Aight, here we go...

AL East:
Red Sox
Yanks
Rays
Jays
Orioles

AL Central:
Twins
Tribe
White Sox
Royals
Tigers

AL West:
Astros
A's
Angels
Mariners
Rangers

NL East:
Braves
Phils
Nats
Mets
Marlins

NL Central:
Cubs
Cards
Brewers
Pirates
Reds

NL West:
Rockies
Dodgers
Pads
D-backs
Giants

I'll hit awards later, after jogging.

AL MVP:
Bregman (lettuce be cereal, Trout is gonna win for the third time but I just wanna pick someone different)

AL Cy Young:
Bauer (especially if my Tribe trade Kluber)

AL ROY:
Eloy Jimenez (this my favorite award to predict; everyone will pick Vlad Jr. but the oblique strain will slow down Guerrero train)

In contention, I also like Luzardo, Josh James (even though he won't start the season as Houston's #5) and Kikuchi.

AL MOY:
Rocco Baldelli (obviously don't want it to happen but got the Twins winning the AL Central in Rocco's first year)

NL MVP:
Kris Bryant (his shoulder was messed up all last year, killed his power)

NL Cy Young:
Aaron Nola (another contrarian pick when people inevitably choose 'Mad' Max)

NL ROY:
Robles (Toussaint and Hiura runner-ups)

NL MOY:
Bud Black (when Rockies win the division)

AL MVP:
Bregman (lettuce be cereal, Trout is gonna win for the third time but I just wanna pick someone different)

If you want your dark horse, I'll give it to you...Byron Buxton.

He's raking in Spring and it looks like the 20 lbs of added muscle is already showing itself. If the Twins are out front in the division like we both agree they could be, he's gonna garner a lot of attention and grab at least a few votes. He's hungry.

Last edited:
If you want to pick someone different, go with 99. Got robbed of the MVP two years ago. He gonna get it this year.

Back
Top Bottom