2023 Official MLB Season Thread

Idk if this is the best place to ask this but I thought why not. Mods remove this if you must. Going to the angels game tonight. What are the best foods I should try over there?

overrating ?

nah lol

charlie has been known for years to be a really good hitting coach (ex: Indians 94-99) Jim Thome come to mind ??, he dont use that bull**** analytics which John Mallee was spewing to our hitters
I’m not buying that the legacies of Albert Belle, Manny, Thome, Sandy Alomar and David Justice were the direct results of Charlie Manuel’s instruction and not their sheer talent.

To me a great hitting coach is someone who sees a hole in a swing and fixes it. Guys like Donaldson and Jose Batista showed the benefit of a hitting coach but overall, meh. You either know how to hit or you don’t. Talent plays a bigger factor than the coach does the majority of the time.

I’m not buying that the legacies of Albert Belle, Manny, Thome, Sandy Alomar and David Justice were the direct results of Charlie Manuel’s instruction and not their sheer talent.

To me a great hitting coach is someone who sees a hole in a swing and fixes it. Guys like Donaldson and Jose Batista showed the benefit of a hitting coach but overall, meh. You either know how to hit or you don’t. Talent plays a bigger factor than the coach does the majority of the time.
I’m going to disagree a bit. Hitter go into slumps for a reason. And there is a reason why they break out of those. Hitting coaches help reset those slumps. Their is too much video and advanced things now to say hitting coaches don’t matter.

BRYCE ****ING HARPER

6runs in the bottom 9th to win

Harper walk off grand slam

Oh and.....
189AECE2-7DDF-4091-9D8F-421E4700147B.jpeg

I’m going to disagree a bit. Hitter go into slumps for a reason. And there is a reason why they break out of those. Hitting coaches help reset those slumps. Their is too much video and advanced things now to say hitting coaches don’t matter.

This is true and especially with that last sentence...coaches are going to evaluate and see things the hitters just wont, so they can coach how to adjust...I'm not sure that applies to the mid-90's Indians though.

That ball was crushed by Bryce. He’s been on a tear as of late. Be nice to see him keep it up.

This is true and especially with that last sentence...coaches are going to evaluate and see things the hitters just wont, so they can coach how to adjust...I'm not sure that applies to the mid-90's Indians though.
Same and I don’t think it applies to the Phillies now becoming a powerhouse offense like some expect. Players will always regress to their mean sooner or later unless a drastic change is made (launch angle, swing adjustment, etc.). I’ll give credit when that change is made but say to day workings, it’s just par for the course.

Back
Top Bottom