2023 Official MLB Season Thread

Yanks have life!

giphy.gif

Alvarez should be taken out of the lineup. They always bring up how much power he has when he bats but it doesn’t matter if you can’t make contact.

Hinch going bullpen Game 6. Cole game 7.
Yankees can’t throw Severino Game 6. Have to go Happ and get 4 from him.

Then have Severino on regular rest and Tanaka for a couple innings on 3 days rest for Game 7

Wait seriously? I assumed everyone was. Yikes.

Gary Sanchez isn’t bad defensively. Sure he does have issues receiving the ball at times, which leads to bad passed balls.
But framing, calling games and arm behind the plate, he’s at the very least average. Those are more important imo.

In 2019 he had 100 more innings behind the plate ~750 compared to ~650 in 2018. Passed balls dropped from 18 in 2018 to 7 in 2019.

Romine has 6 in 200 less innings.

I do also think that passed balls is a flawed way to judge a catcher’s ability through, but that’s another topic for another day.

Give Verlander credit for battling for 7 innings to preserve that bullpen

Battling :rolleyes ya sound like Smoltz. He was so quick to praise Verlander and not praise Paxton. I legit remember him saying "Now it's time for Boone to figure how to play out these next three innings to preserve this lead."

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Smoltz is such a hack on the mic.

*Altuve advances from 2nd to 3rd on a grounder to the right side*

Smoltz: "Look at that base running. I'll tell ya Joe he's right in the middle of everything!"

Just noticed James Harden and Russ in the building

Would not mind a game 7 for the f'ery

Back
Top Bottom