2023 Official MLB Season Thread

Sorry mr j 858 mr j 858 the Gigantes seem to have enough pride to fight and not finish the season in third place lol.
You apologize to him and not the real brothers of Padres?? Unforgivable…..
9AE84CBE-F7E4-4C51-B9AE-2FF313F77DAF.gif

:rofl: I mean, he’s not lying. Waited til the last week of the season to all of a sudden try to be competitive.

He isn’t but you don’t say that ****. Trust me man I’ve gone to so many games this season and it angers me too but he’s repeatedly refused to come in and get 4 outs when it’s obvious he is needed. It comes off as selfish and that’s the last thing this dysfunctional team needs.

I really hope Seidler does something bc they’re going absolutely nowhere with Preller at the helm and selfish players who are only in it for themselves.

Hader isn’t the only one that I know for sure but he’s the only idiot making comments like this.

He isn’t but you don’t say that ****.
Agreed.

But that team seems like it has a roster full of guys who don’t give a ****. Now the last week comes and machado is yelling LFG or whatever he said in that postgame interview, too little too late.

Going to be interesting off season for them. Are they going to let the GM keep spending? Soto has 1 more year (probably at 25+ mill ish right?). Do they sign Snell? Ohtani? After they made that run last year they were the rumor to get any/every big ticket free agent.

$150 mil committed to 8 players (not including Soto), but they want to get payroll down to $200 mil. Trade Soto? Idk anybody who would take the other big contracts they have

IMG_8476.jpeg

IMG_8477.jpeg

Has Hader said this about 4 inning saves all season or just now specifically? If I remember correctly, he was not very good in 4 our situations for the brewers and cost them quite a few games. Kind of led him to be available for the Padres.

I don’t think they can go after a bunch high ticket free agents now. With the dysfunction news hitting and them slow playing any kind of rebuttal about that, as well as losing out on all that tv money they were supposed to have, I don’t see them being a big free agent destination until all that’s cleaned up.

Agreed.

But that team seems like it has a roster full of guys who don’t give a ****. Now the last week comes and machado is yelling LFG or whatever he said in that postgame interview, too little too late.

Going to be interesting off season for them. Are they going to let the GM keep spending? Soto has 1 more year (probably at 25+ mill ish right?). Do they sign Snell? Ohtani? After they made that run last year they were the rumor to get any/every big ticket free agent.

$150 mil committed to 8 players (not including Soto), but they want to get payroll down to $200 mil. Trade Soto? Idk anybody who would take the other big contracts they have

IMG_8476.jpeg

IMG_8477.jpeg

Oh they definitely have a few guys on that squad who are not team players that is for sure. Hader has been one of those guys with his refusal to pitch anything more than half an inning.

Honestly I don’t know what they’re going to do with the spending. You hear reports that they’re not going to spend like they did this last offseason but and they went out and did the exact opposite. Everyone thinks they’re going to make a run at Ohtani so that leads me to believe they’re willing to spend big bucks again.

Has Hader said this about 4 inning saves all season or just now specifically? If I remember correctly, he was not very good in 4 our situations for the brewers and cost them quite a few games. Kind of led him to be available for the Padres.

Yeah this isn’t a thing that’s just come up it’s been like this since his brewer days. The excuse early on in the season was that they were saving his arm for later in the season and here we are and now his excuse is “are we in the playoff race”. It’s really a weird thing to say right before you’re set to hit the open market and looking to get paid.

I don’t think they can go after a bunch high ticket free agents now. With the dysfunction news hitting and them slow playing any kind of rebuttal about that, as well as losing out on all that tv money they were supposed to have, I don’t see them being a big free agent destination until all that’s cleaned up.

They don’t need to go after those guys right now bc they already have them. The problem they have is that they don’t know how to use their farm system properly. They’re building these guys up in the farm and then they deal them at the deadline for a big name and deplete the farm and never have anyone to call up when they need a pitcher or a bat.

Preller emptied out the entire farm for Soto with Jackson Merrill being the exception and he’s already restocked it with guys who are going to be able to help this club in the near future. The problem with him is that he can’t contain himself and ends up shipping them all off for a flashy name.

Merrill, Salas, Snelling, Lesko, Head, Martorella and Bush Jr are all guys who can help this club before long as long as AJ can keep his hands off that trade button.

San Diego arguably got the most talented roster in baseball and y’all are mad at Preller?

San Diego arguably got the most talented roster in baseball and y’all are mad at Preller?

The players and BoMel deserve a fair share of blame but the common denominator is Preller and managers ending on bad terms. Nothing will change until Preller is gone. Thinking otherwise is foolish we have seen 9 seasons of dysfunction under Preller and he’s about to fire his 4th manager in 9 years.

Melvin did his thing with Oakland all them years, but maybe he just isn’t the right fit. A lot of personalities in SD, and people actually making money, so the dynamic in managing the clubhouse could be different. Mainly on the players imo though.

This is not the first time an organization threw a bunch aa money at star players and not work out. Lots of big personalities in that clubhouse too.

Back
Top Bottom