2023 Official MLB Season Thread

This better not become a “thing”

Also i cant believe you thought id make a burner to argue with myself HIM HIM really fam?

There is zero doubt in my mind that Ippei was a degenerate as soon as I heard he grew up in SGV. They send them by the bus loads to Vegas and San Manuel. Not to mention all the underground mahjong tables. Ippei was probably hitting up card games at Westminster after the Angel games too :smh:

Honestly, the coldest reality is that Shohei will keep getting crapped on for most likely just trying to bail his homie out.

I've got to give Bill Simmons credit for bringing this up but it has to be Ohtani gambling, there's no way it could have been the translator.

Let's say this translator makes $250K/year (which would be a lot for a translator regardless), there's no way someone making $250K would be able to get a $4M+ line of credit to gamble. The same way it would be near impossible for someone making $250K to get $4M into credit card debt, eventually creditors would stop lending you money well before you could get that far into the hole.

The only types of people who can even get a $4M line of credit are multi-millionaires like Ohtani, not translator making normal wages.

I think the translator will be allowed to take the fall in order to save the career and reputation of the most popular and marketable player in MLB but it's 100% Ohtani gambling.

Heard he makes 300K-500K but I agree with you. Too much smoke there, it doesn’t make sense.

Was that his friend he brought with him or the Angels hired him and they became friends?

Heard he makes 300K-500K but I agree with you. Too much smoke there, it doesn’t make sense.

Was that his friend he brought with him or the Angels hired him and they became friends?
He’s known Ippei for at least a decade, back when Ippei was translating for an American player with the Fighters.

In one of the reports it was reported the bookie was telling people Ohtani was his client (although they had never met). Wouldn’t be surprised if the translator used Ohtani’s name to continue the credit line going

Back
Top Bottom