2023 Official MLB Season Thread

In one of the reports it was reported the bookie was telling people Ohtani was his client (although they had never met). Wouldn’t be surprised if the translator used Ohtani’s name to continue the credit line going
Wow, dude said Ohtani was his client? I just read one where he said Ohtani’s name on the books was good for business lol

Wow, dude said Ohtani was his client? I just read one where he said Ohtani’s name on the books was good for business lol
If I remember correctly they said the bookie would drop Ohtani’s name when he was trying to recruit new customers. Once again, idk how true that is

Interested to see how the MLB handles this. Swept under the rug or do they actually have the balls to suspend him?

Last edited:
Other than just not wanting people to know you’re a degenerate or that it’s an illegal bookie which is common, why would Ohtani go to such great lengths to hide he’s betting on international soccer?

and if you're a true degenerate you don't give a 2 ****s about what's going on/who you're betting on - you're just trying to win. that's why there's all these memes now, if you follow the sports betting accounts :rofl:

GJTbc4PbQAASQl4.jpg

in.jpg

Insanity.

he hid his wife, dog's name, and who know what else from the world. gambling the easiest thing to hide on that list!
So easy to hide that he wires millions of dollars under his own name. OK :rofl:

And the dog and wife thing was obviously to keep his family life private. Japan paparazzi hound him like he's Michael Jackson. They showed his wife on the telecast during the game more than they do Taylor Swift :smh:

Finally caught that Jazz episode of The Pivot. I feel for him but definitely sense his toxicity LOL

We've been saying this.

Unfortunately I don't think leagues are gonna treat it with the seriousness that it deserves now that they've gotten a taste of that gambling $ until something really bad happens and someone gets hurt over this, or worse...

People y'all need to speak it out in plain language, if that's what you feel.

Ohtani has too much Plot Armor. MLB isn’t getting rid of the Golden Goose that easily. ESPN would snap in half if they can’t d***ride Ohtani all season.

This why I learned long ago as a kid, never idolize pro athletes (once Kirby got that assualt on a woman charge - broke my heart). Admire their game, mimic their playong style, recognize any contributions to the community, but you never know which star gonna have dirt on him eventually. I mostly separate the two ( what's done on field then the bs off of it).

This one is not toooo damaging, I don't feel...we'll see.

This why I learned long ago as a kid, never idolize pro athletes (once Kirby got that assualt on a woman charge - broke my heart). Admire their game, mimic their playong style, recognize any contributions to the community, but you never know which star gonna have dirt on him eventually. I mostly separate the two ( what's done on field then the bs off of it).

This one is not toooo damaging, I don't feel...we'll see.
Think they fact that gambling is basically mainstream and fully normalized now takes away most of any real firestorm, outrage and lasting damage as things stand.

It's another thing entirely if the bets were on games though instead of other sports but there's been nothing of substance coming out suggesting that so far.

Back
Top Bottom