2023 Official MLB Season Thread

This why I learned long ago as a kid, never idolize pro athletes (once Kirby got that assualt on a woman charge - broke my heart). Admire their game, mimic their playong style, recognize any contributions to the community, but you never know which star gonna have dirt on him eventually. I mostly separate the two ( what's done on field then the bs off of it).

This one is not toooo damaging, I don't feel...we'll see.

Mickey Mantle will never pay the rent

Anyone down to play fantasy baseball? It’s last second but looking for someone to draft tomorrow afternoon if anyone is interested. It’s a money league as well head to head.

I can see it now. Shohei wearing da MJ sunglasses with his wife sitting next to him insisting that da bets were for charity

For years, the Los Angeles Angels media guide lists Mizuhara as having graduated from the University of California, Riverside in 2007, and that he spent spring training in 2012 working for the New York Yankees as an interpreter for Japanese pitcher Hideki Okajima. Also, multiple news reports noted that Mizuhara served as Okajima’s interpreter in 2010 with the Boston Red Sox — where he reportedly got his first major-league opportunity.

However, as first reported by NBC Los Angeles, the university disputed the notion that Mizuhara had ever attended the school, much less having graduated. “Our university records do not show a student by the name of Ippei Mizuhara having attended UC Riverside,” a school spokesman told The Athletic.

UC Riverside did not respond when asked if it was possible Mizuhara attended the school under a different name, or if anyone with a similar name ever attended. Spokespeople representing Ohtani declined to comment when asked if they had believed Mizuhara’s biography during his tenure with Ohtani.

Meanwhile, multiple news reports show that Okajima failed a physical on Feb. 17, 2012, before spring training, when he was released by the Yankees. Mizuhara could have worked with Okajima before the official start of camp, during the month or so when players on minor-league deals might arrive early to work out. But the Angels media guide has stated annually since 2019 that Mizuhara “served as an interpreter for Hideki Okajima during Yankees Spring Training in 2012.”

Screenshot-2024-03-23-at-7.14.51%E2%80%AFPM.jpeg

(The Los Angeles Angels 2019 media guide)
Earlier this week, the Red Sox released a statement insisting that Mizuhara has never worked for the team.

“We are reaching out to all of you because of reports in various outlets stating that Ippei Mizuhara worked for the Red Sox as an interpreter, which is incorrect,” read a message from the club distributed to media members on Friday. “Mizuhara was never employed by the Boston Red Sox in any capacity and was not an interpreter for Hideki Okajima during the pitcher’s time with the team. Please know that we have thoroughly checked our files to ensure we are providing accurate information.”

This man’s grift goes way back. Next bomb is gonna be that his real name is Isiah Michaels and he doesn’t actually know any Japanese

Not a witch hunt if they find him directly involved 🤷‍♂️

the people will know the truth, that he is being set up by the liberal baseball writers and haters and deplorables who can't stand freedom.

we the people will not stand for such injustice!

witchhunt.jpg

#witchhunt
#stopthesteal

Back
Top Bottom