2023 Official MLB Season Thread

No way Ohtani can convince me he didn’t know about 9 different $500k transactions from his accounts dating back to last summer
How many stories have we heard about athletes having money stolen by close ones? Lavar and BBB had dudes that took millions and they didn’t find out until the third son was in the league. Ohtani makes over $60M/year after endorsements. If the comma aren’t moving, or the first number changing, can he really know outside of an annual audit?

Ippei could probably never go back to even visit Japan again.

He’s brought so much shame on Ohtani’s name. Their biggest and most important athlete of all time.

I’m sure the a Japanese are LIVID.

How many stories have we heard about athletes having money stolen by close ones? Lavar and BBB had dudes that took millions and they didn’t find out until the third son was in the league. Ohtani makes over $60M/year after endorsements. If the comma aren’t moving, or the first number changing, can he really know outside of an annual audit?
Happens all the time in soccer, legit millions too sometime from their own blood/relatives.

Unless these guys are getting their numbers inspected consistently, it's probably easier to get victimized having so many people on your payroll than it is actually catching them in the act before the law does.

That's part of how some of these guys end up going bankrupt after their playing days, money all tied up in all sorts of stuff that they were never directly involved in. Just off recommandation by close/loved ones.

All I remember when my wife and I had to wire money from the bank for our down payment on our house is that we needed all kinds of proof being the account holder in order to send it.

Ippei could probably never go back to even visit Japan again.

He’s brought so much shame on Ohtani’s name. Their biggest and most important athlete of all time.

I’m sure the a Japanese are LIVID.
I was really hoping for some reporter questions.

Ohtani when they ask him how the hell he only found out everything on Wednesday when he had agents and spokesmen setting up interviews for Ippei on Monday already

Last edited:
lol sure

Exactly.
Holler at me if Ippei or Ohtani were betting on baseball. Until then, it's a whole lot of nothing. Just a guy(s) who made horrible soccer bets. :smh:

Opening day is 3 days away bro. Time to move on from this nothing story.

Are the Yankees going to win the division? Is Ozempic Giancarlo gonna have a bounce back season?

Let's get back to actual baseball 🤝

I stand with ohtani. HE IS NOT GUILTY AND FULLY GUILT FREE. Even if he did place bets he bet on himself and his teams. Even if he bet on other teams he did it to protest Peter Rose.

Let's get back to actual baseball 🤝
1711409876720.gif

Millions to Ohtani is like thousands to the rest of us. He can bet if he wants to and I’m very proud of him. His translator is doing what Slim did for Melo when he had da weed bag.

Damn that so crazy. All the sports channels in NY went from AM to FM so long ago.
I thought LA would be the same.

it's weird, awhile ago I found out that our 24/7 news/traffic/weather radio station moved to FM, but our two sports talk radio stations are still on AM.

I grew up with music on FM, boring talk on AM lol and it bugged me out

it's weird, awhile ago I found out that our 24/7 news/traffic/weather radio station moved to FM, but our two sports talk radio stations are still on AM.

I grew up with music on FM, boring talk on AM lol and it bugged me out

Yeanthe news is FM too.

Yea a lot of the old timers still listen to the shows everyday so there is still a big market for sports radio. But I could swear that our two major sports radio stations went FM around 2011-2012. WFAN & ESPN radio.

The only time I listen to them is when the Yankees or a Knicks bomb out in the playoffs because the callers are ducking hilarious. :lol:

But even during softball season now after a game we just swig beers and listen to the Yankees game or a Mets game (Yankees most of the time).

I can’t believe the second biggest media market never went FM with sports.

Back
Top Bottom