2024 NFL Draft Thread

Very happy with Verse. Plays with violence. AD might want to reconsider after getting this dawg. Both side of our trenches are looking tough

His entire rookie contract would expire., while you pay Cousins 180 million. It's pretty hard to comprehend. :lol:

How is it possible to be so loud when you’re so wrong. Cousins contract (if you knew football) is essentially a two year deal. Everyone knows this. The man will be 25 when he starts, go sit down.

Bruh this rhetoric isn't it, and I'm on your side! :rofl:

Media gotta stop with the franchise players are entitled to be privy to FO moves thing.

Kirk gonna be 37 and up 100M when he's done done collecting his guaranteed chicken. Atalanta's GM doesn't need to tap in with him about the draft process.

Penix's presumed age when he gets his shot? 🥱

I more or less get the money angle, but in general, teams should probably do more with regards to each of QB development, succession plans, contingency plans, et al.

Kirk is set to make 70 mil over two years here, at which point his cap numbers balloon to 57 mil per year for the remaining two. Everyone with a pulse knows the final two years, 57 mil year 3 (25mil dead money) and 57 mil year 4 (16 mil dead money) are basically void years. It was done that way on purpose at signing.

Not saying you are a casual but this is how I know people only read things at face value and have no idea how contracts work. This was a brilliant move.

Lock up the QB position for now and the future and let the kid learn his first two seasons.

This the first time in my life the falcons have been proactive regarding the QB position. I don’t think it’s a sure thing Kirk will be hear 4 years. This the NFL all it takes is one desperate team to trade for him next year or the year after and there will always be a QB desperate team out there willing to take a swing on a older QB.

The plan based on his contract was never for him to be here for four years.

With health, the bears have a top 10 offense and will win 9 games this coming season. What a roster transformation. Rome gonna be too 10 very soon and learns from a vet like Keenan.

Yeah, cousins was not brought in to see 4 years in Atlanta. This was a two, three year timeline, tops. I get the criticism of drafting Penix where they were at. But if you really like someone and have him high on their board, you go get him. It’s a qb hungry league. You have young guys who you expect to step up. It’s not crazy to say Penix is the best QB in the draft. I think the shock is people weren’t expecting or seeing Penix in the first round of mock drafts. I said it a couple of days ago. It’s awfully weird how he wasn’t being discussed until about a week ago. The rumors of teams loving him starred surfacing just then. 8th pick or 22nd pick, who cares. If you love the player, go get him!

I don’t mind it. Worry about using Bijan and Kyle correctly.

The Bears are gonna be fascinating to watch man, they've put Caleb in a 1000000x better position to succeed than they did with Fields.

They made some good moves to address their defense too

The Bears are gonna be fascinating to watch man, they've put Caleb in a 1000000x better position to succeed than they did with Fields.

They made some good moves to address their defense too
Look at that offense. It’s tremendous. I might need to go to Chicago when the rams are in town, unless it’s November or December

How is it possible to be so loud when you’re so wrong. Cousins contract (if you knew football) is essentially a two year deal. Everyone knows this. The man will be 25 when he starts, go sit down.

:lol:

Funny, since Penix turns 24 in two weeks.

So you believe you have Cousins for ONE season, and Penix starts next year, at 25? :nerd:

Or, two years from now, when he'll be 26?

Your math ain't mathin. :wink:

Liking the Maye pick more and more, his tangibles and intangibles jump out 10x more than Mac's ever did.

Sounds like he's got a good mental makeup too.

Tonight I'm hoping to go WR early. If they don't end up trading #34 for one like rumored, I hope we see someone like Adonai Mitchell at that spot.

Liking the Maye pick more and more, his tangibles and intangibles jump out 10x more than Mac's ever did.

Sounds like he's got a good mental makeup too.

Tonight I'm hoping to go WR early. If they don't end up trading #34 for one like rumored, I hope we see someone like Adonai Mitchell at that spot.
As a fan, would you be upset at trading Deebo for 34?

After having some time to process I'm actually very ok with Joe Alt as our pick. Slater and Alt on each side could be filthy for Herbo's protection. Just sucks he got nobody to throw the ball to. :frown:

As a fan, would you be upset at trading Deebo for 34?
Honestly was a no brainer for me when it was Aiyuk's name being floated around for it yesterday :lol:

As much as I mess with Deebo too, I'd prefer giving that up for Aiyuk due to injury history and him being younger.

Better value imo although Deebo would bring an added dimension with his running ability but #34 feels a bit steep given the things I mentioned.

Either way would be happy to add one of them to a thin WR group.

Do you think the Pearsall pick will have any impact on how willing you guys are gonna be to get off of either one and if so, which one do you think it'd be?

After having some time to process I'm actually very ok with Joe Alt as our pick. Slater and Alt on each side could be filthy for Herbo's protection. Just sucks he got nobody to throw the ball to. :frown:

I assume a couple 2nd-3rd round guys will be available. And I suspect Q will have a much better year this year.

Back
Top Bottom