2024 Track and Field Thread — OLYMPICS!!! - Day one this friday

That’s why she’s already headed towards old news status. A lot of the women you saw the last 10 days will be kicking her *** for years to come

One of the main problems is that track is still an individual sport when it comes down to it, even with the different leagues, and it’s always been that way. The promotion of it could definitely be better though. Shouldn’t have to cue up various apps or have some premium channel just to watch it, especially when this year’s was right here in the US.

Yea access is a huge problem

But folks don’t give a shh til it’s Olympics time
Yup every 4 years the average person tunes in and that’s it…They don’t care if there are better events or records being broken between that time, nothing you can really fix bout that

American track and field viewers are like ppl overseases that just watch the Super Bowl :lol:

Gotta get away from the Olympics being the pinnacle of the sport, if you notice, the top sports Track/Swimming/gymnastics/Beach Volleyball that draw the most during olympics are all super niche outside of Olympics and not much money in them at all. T&F would need to maybe adopt a 4 grand slams like Tennis or 4 majors like Golf type of structure to where those titles are above Olympics gold medals in prestige

One of the main problems is that track is still an individual sport when it comes down to it, even with the different leagues, and it’s always been that way. The promotion of it could definitely be better though. Shouldn’t have to cue up various apps or have some premium channel just to watch it, especially when this year’s was right here in the US.
90 percent of the world games was on nbc / USA network / cnbc…. And stuff that wasn’t was broadcasted later ….. if people wanted to watch it they could

Gotta get away from the Olympics being the pinnacle of the sport, if you notice, the top sports Track/Swimming/gymnastics/Beach Volleyball that draw the most during olympics are all super niche outside of Olympics and not much money in them at all. T&F would need to maybe adopt a 4 grand slams like Tennis or 4 majors like Golf type of structure to where those titles are above Olympics gold medals in prestige
Can’t fight it … it is
World championship is right under that …
I think having worlds every year that’s not an Olympic year could peak interest … imagine if this was a regular year it would have no world games … no one paying attention to commonwealth / euros

Diamond league is tricky cause not everyone runs in it …. In fact I don’t think I’ve ever seen Sydney McLaughlin ever in the Diamond league

Shelly pls **** me
1660182843025.gif

Back
Top Bottom