2024 Wrestling Thread | NXT Tuesdays

Will Cody Rhodes "finish the story" at WrestleMania XL?

• Finally!

Votes: 26 47.3%
  • LMAO

Votes: 29 52.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
djlunchbox djlunchbox

1. How did you get into belts?

2. What are your favorite WCW/NWA belts?

3. I saw you mention a wrestler named Hayabusa. Is that like the motorbike? Explain what he was about. His costume looks cool.

1) as a wrestling fan i think the belt is the one thing we've all wanted/coveted. The wars we would watch wrestlers go through to hold a belt. There's just something about them that was so cool. From the cockiness of Ric Flair talking about 10 pounds of gold to custom Stone Colde belt to that hardcore belt, a wrestling belt is that item that beats all trophies save for a gold medal. . I remember when figures inc made the first "official" ones back in the day and they were so cool. My first and only belt i had until recently was the ECW heavyweight belt and that one meant a lot to me because of Taz. Also WM VI and Champion vs Champion had a lot to do with it as well. seeing Warrior hold up both belts when he won was just so cool.

2) the classic NWA Big Dome was so simple yet elegant and has a tremendous amount of history. I think since NWA was mostly a southern thing, I didn't watch those small promotions here on the WC so my only memory of it was Shane Douglas winning it and throwing it down due to the secession of ECW from the NWA and becoming Extreme Championship Wrestling. And of course the Big Gold. Such a massive belt i think to this day it's still the biggest championship belt with the 13 plate. Aside from that, none of the other WCW belts moved me. They seemed really "generic" and because I was a WWF household growing up i favored those belts/promotion more.

3) haha yeah like the Motorcycle. He was one of those really good highflying wrestlers that had heat to them in the late 90's/2000s when "crusierweight" wrestlers were getting a push. Back in the late 90's Lucha Libre-esque wrestling was getting the spotlight put on them. Hayabusa was mainly a Japanese wrestler part of FMW which was one of the 2 major Japanese promotions along All Japan wrestling. back then you'd only know about by buying the latest wrestling magazines. Back when the attitude era/NWO era was making waves, ECW was doing more than providing storylines but really, really good wrestling and high flying stuff that would make the crowds go nuts. Just like Lucha Libre and Japanese promotions were doing as well. People like Super Crazy, Yoshihiro Tajiri, Rob Van Dam, Sabu, Jerry Lynn these guys were putting on some MATCHES. Do yourself a favor and watch this match from Heatwave 98 and you'll see why ECW was a force back then. Sadly like it sometimes may happen, Hayabusa was injured that ended his career in the early 2000. Damn shame.

djlunchbox djlunchbox

Favorite wrestling gimmick match?

man you can literally throw a pebble and hit a few from the late 90s. Probably the one that sticks out because the storyline was so dumb but the whole custody for Domink Mysterio between Eddie Guerrero and Rey Mysterio

Back
Top Bottom