2024 Wrestling Thread | Friday Night Wrasslin'

Will Cody Rhodes "finish the story" at WrestleMania XL?

• Finally!

Votes: 26 47.3%
  • LMAO

Votes: 29 52.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Damn FRANKLIN.

So he's definitely off Mania and the expected match with Peace then?

If so put the belt on FFD and let him fight peace at Mania.

Brutal timing.

I feel like they can work around the injury. Rollins doesn't have a match at the Royal Rumble scheduled. They don't *have* to schedule him for Elimination Chamber; can have his opponent at WrestleMania win the EC match while he commentates. Then Mania is in April. :lol:

SI: NJPW sources say Okada leaving NJPW did not catch them by surprise and that Okada has always wanted to perform at WrestleMania. Sources confirm HHH/Shawn Michaels are very interested. AEW is the favorite (trusts Danielson, the Elite, can live anywhere, money).

I feel like they can work around the injury. Rollins doesn't have a match at the Royal Rumble scheduled. They don't *have* to schedule him for Elimination Chamber; can have his opponent at WrestleMania win the EC match while he commentates. Then Mania is in April. :lol:

This could work my only caveat would be that EYE believe Peace is winning the Rumble and will then go on to challenge FRANKLIN at Mania and the EC match would involve the likes of Da Codeman, FFD, etc. and he would win so he could finish the story against THOTT at Mania. 🙏

In your scenario someone other than Peace would have to win the Rumble and the only viable candidates are Da Codeman (highly doubtful) and Rock :smile:rolleyes).

#Waitandsee

SI: NJPW sources say Okada leaving NJPW did not catch them by surprise and that Okada has always wanted to perform at WrestleMania. Sources confirm HHH/Shawn Michaels are very interested. AEW is the favorite (trusts Danielson, the Elite, can live anywhere, money).

Very interested in seeing what Okada does.

He already has an idea of what to expect with AEW and that would be the "safer" but then there's the allure of working for the biggest wrestling company in the world and having a "Wrestlemania moment".

Then there is the unknown of going to WWE and how he will be treated even though Vince is no longer in the picture. Having the likes of Nakamura, Asuka, Bad Io, and the recently returned Kaira bae could alleviate some of that trepidation.

#Waitandsee

Timetable for him to be able to compete at Mania is pretty short. Maybe he has some Super Cena in him though.

Guess you could pivot to Cody vs The CM. Or a triple threat with them and Drew at Mania if FRANKLIN isn’t able to go.

Okada vs GOONTA at Mania is a no brainer if he were to come in there. Can make Okada look like a million bucks and get the belt off GOONTA (and let him go to the top of the card) without making him look weak.

GOONTA did the rainmaker to set up a finisher against Miz in that match a couple weeks ago too.

Okada vs GOONTA at Mania is a no brainer if he were to come in there. Can make Okada look like a million bucks and get the belt off GOONTA (and let him go to the top of the card) without making him look weak.

GOONTA did the rainmaker to set up a finisher against Miz in that match a couple weeks ago too.

And I think they actually CALLED IT the Rainmaker, if I remember correctly.

I think it might be a little more difficult to get Okada over in the WWE system than say someone with OBVIOUS charisma like Nakamura.

Okada is a good wrestler but other than his history, why should fans view Okada as being a Top of the Card type dude?

No Brainer star in AEW

I think it might be a little more difficult to get Okada over in the WWE system than say someone with OBVIOUS charisma like Nakamura.

Okada is a good wrestler but other than his history, why should fans view Okada as being a Top of the Card type dude?

No Brainer star in AEW

Kind of agree with you on this. Great wrestler, but a bit of a quiet dude. I met him once. Incredibly nice, but almost shy. Could've been playing it safe because of the language barrier, but he definitely doesn't seem to have the same charisma as Nakamura does. AEW fans seem to be more willing to overlook that kind of thing and go on star power/name recognition.

I wouldn't mind Drew and Punk main eventing night one, if it's Cody and Roman II. If it's Rock and Roman, I think Cody vs. Drew or Punk should main event night one.

Edit - But we don't know if Seth is out for sure. MCL might be rehabable.

Impressive that Rollins was able to finish that match the way he did. Thought it was a work the way Cole was selling the pedigree. If it’s rock vs reigns, it should be a triple threat between punk, Cody and Drew. But not sure where that leaves jey uso.

if they were just gonna job him out at wrestlemania midas whale just let him heal up and dont rush him back

Back
Top Bottom