2025 NBA Draft Thread

Minny has done quite extensive work on Haliburton including a workout as well. If they trade down he seems to be who they would take

Decided to write up a mock draft with trades.

*TRADES*

Oklahoma City Thunder trade Chris Paul to the Philadelphia 76ers for Al Horford, Mike Scott, Zhaire Smith, #21, #34 and a future second round pick (2021 Knicks)

Boston Celtics trade Enes Kanter, Semi Ojeleye and #26 to the Charlotte Hornets for a protected future first round pick.

Boston Celtics trade Vincent Poirier and #30 to the Detroit Pistons for two future second round picks.

Minnesota Timberwolves - Anthony Edwards

The Timberwolves are reportedly shopping this pick with no luck so far. I don't think they'll find the right player to put next to Karl-Anthony Towns and D'Angelo Russell.

With no trade partner in sight, I have the Timberwolves selecting Edwards. Edwards is a power guard with big time shot making ability, while also displaying a low motor and nonchalant defense.

Golden State Warriors - James Wiseman

Smokescreens galore are coming from the Bay. Ideally the Warriors trade down and acquire a veteran to boot, but for now I have the Warriors selecting Wiseman.

The Warriors get the athletic big man they covet to be groomed under their veterans in hopes of chasing another championship. Or a blue chip asset if the right trade comes along.

Charlotte Hornets - Onyeka Okongwu

Okongu addresses the Hornets' need at the center position, as he brings interior scoring and a defensive presence. He can be the anchor for this team for the next decade.

I suppose the Hornets could look to move up to draft Wiseman. But would giving up someone like Miles Bridges be worth it?

Chicago Bulls - LaMelo Ball

I could see the Bulls selecting Deni Avdija or Tyrese Halburton.

With that said, I have these Bulls go with the upside pick in selecting Ball. Perhaps he can awaken this rudderless franchise.

Cleveland Cavaliers - Deni Avdija

The Cavaliers have painted themselves into a corner selecting trigger happy guards and acquiring big men in recent years. So the target in this draft should be a small forward.

Avdija is a super glue-guy prospect that should fit next to the Cavaliers' glut of guards and bigs. Another option is the defensive-minded Isaac Okoro.

Atlanta Hawks - Tyrese Haliburton

This is probably the Hawks' last chance this high in the lottery with all the talent they've assembled over the last three years so they have to make the most of it.

I have the Hawks opting for Haliburton to play behind and next to Trae Young.

Detroit Pistons - Killian Hayes

The Pistons are seemingly willing to rebuild now after spending years on the proverbial hamster wheel of mediocrity in the Eastern Conference.

Hayes is a slow-footed, left handed dominant point guard that could eventually become a high volume, moderate efficient weapon a la D'Angelo Russell or Jamal Murray.

New York Knicks - Devin Vassell

The Knicks go with Vassell, a "3 and D" prospect to complement Mitchell Robinson and RJ Barrett. I could see them making a splash and moving up since new management isn't tied to Robinson or Barrett.

Washington Wizards - Isaac Okoro

Who knows how John Wall will look or what Bradley Beal's mood will be, but for the Wizards to have any hope at the playoffs in 2021 they need to improve defensively.

Okoro is a tough, stout defender who shows hints of playmaking for others. But his long-term outlook will be tied to the progress of his perimeter shooting.

Phoenix Suns - Kira Lewis Jr

The Suns finished bubble play with a perfect 8-0 record, and will look to take that momentum into the 2021 season. Did I mention the Suns have cap space too?

Lewis can learn behind Ricky Rubio for a couple of years, then take over the reigns in Phoenix.

San Antonio Spurs - Obi Toppin

After 22 consecutive years making the playoffs, the Spurs find themselves in a crossroads of chasing a lower seed in the playoff race or rebuilding. With a crowded backcourt, the Spurs select Toppin.

Toppin brings athleticism and scoring ability, but he falls because the track record of older players isn't pretty and poor defense.

Sacramento Kings - Patrick Williams

The Kings want to make the playoffs, but face several questions in this abbreviated off-season. They have decent depth so I'm going with the long-term pick in Williams

Williams is a ball of clay that could be molded into a star given his physical attributes, or could wash out of the league in four years.

New Orleans Pelicans - Aaron Nesmith

Jrue Holiday could be on the move soon, Lonzo Ball is an enigma and JJ Redick isn't getting any younger, so the Pelicans bolster their backcourt with the selection of Nesmith.

Nesmith has good size and can shoot well. He had his college season cut short due to injury, but lands in New Orleans to space the floor for Zion Williamson and Brandon Ingram.

Boston Celtics - RJ Hampton

Facing a roster crunch and tax concerns, I have the Celtics dealing #26 and #30 away, but keeping #14. Danny Ainge will try his hardest to package the picks to move up.

Hampton is a long-term play that the Celtics can wait on to develop. He has good athleticism and tools, which screams Ainge.

Orlando Magic - Tyrese Maxey

DJ Augustin and Michael Carter-Williams are entering free agency, so the Magic need to address their backcourt. The frontcourt is fine, and perhaps even crowded

Maxey brings plus athleticism, and defense. His stock is rising thanks to the likes of Tyler Herro and Jamal Murray, but he's not the shooter those two were.

Portland Trail Blazers - Saddiq Bey

The Blazers have a history selecting and developing prospects, so maybe they go for an upside pick. But the Trail Blazers want to compete while Damian Lillard is in his prime, so they opt for Bey.

Bey should be able to step in immediately to fill in at the wing with a returning Trevor Ariza, rehabbing Rodney Hood and possibly re-signed Carmelo Anthony.

Minnesota Timberwolves - Xavier Tillman

If I recall correctly, there's a strong Saunders-Izzo connection within the Timberwolves organization.

Tillman helps shore up an almost guaranteed leaky team defense and fills in the gaps on offense with his screening and passing. If he improves his jump shot, he'll become that much more valuable.

Dallas Mavericks - Precious Achiuwa

Dallas has a high powered backcourt, but has questions in the frontcourt. Kristaps Porzingis' lower body is a concern and Dwight Powell is recovering from a ruptured Achilles.

Achiuwa is an athletic energy big man that brings versatility. His weakness shooting the ball should be hidden in Dallas.

Brooklyn Nets - Cole Anthony

The Nets are in asset accumulation mode with this pick, hoping to eventually package it as a sweetener for an unhappy star down the line.

Anthony is a shoot first guard that doesn't shoot all that well. And there are also concerns about his athleticism and finishing ability. But he has a pedigree worth gambling on.

Miami Heat - Jalen Smith

The Heat are well stocked along the perimeter. Meyers Leonard is a free agent and Kelly Olynyk is a free agent next summer. To spare Bam Adabayo from getting beat up front, Smith is the pick.

Smith gives the Heat another body up front that can stretch the floor. He can stretch the floor, defend and rebound at a competently enough.

Oklahoma City Thunder - Tyrell Terry

Chris Paul reunites with Daryl Morey and Doc Rivers in Philly while the Thunder get back their 2020 pick and start to build for the future.

Terry is a small point guard that will need time to grow into his body. But his ball skills are too good to pass at this point.

Denver Nuggets - Theo Maledon

Gary Harris has been in a shooting slump for two years and Monte Morris will be hitting free agency next summer. To prepare, the Nuggets select Maledon.

Maledon projects as a combo guard with proper development. I don’t see an elite skill or attribute, but rather a jack of all trades type.

Utah Jazz - Josh Green

Look up and down the Jazz roster and you notice a roster devoid of upside and athleticism. With Green, the Jazz helps boost both those areas of concern.

If Green develops into properly, we could see Donovan Mitchell fully transition to playing point guard for the Jazz with Mike Conley aging.

Milwaukee Bucks - Desmond Bane

The Bucks could experience an exodus of sorts in the backcourt with their free agent guards and a tax line they need to be aware of.

Bane should be a plug and play guard that can provide consistent shooting and defense.

Oklahoma City Thunder - Aleksej Pokusevski

I have no idea what to make of Pokusevski, but this seems like a worthwhile roll of the dice at this point in the draft.

Charlotte Hornets - Jaden McDaniels

The Hornets get this trade pick from my proposed trade of Enes Kanter, Semi Ojeleye for a future protected first round pick. Kanter would get bought-out by the Hornets.

McDaniels has intriguing size and athleticism, but had an up and down year at Washington.

New York Knicks - Malachi Flynn

Flynn is a good pick and roll point guard and isn't a liability on defense.

Los Angeles Lakers - Jordan Nwora

The Lakers have done a good job finding late round gems like Kyle Kuzma, Larry Nance Jr. and Josh Hart in previous years, with another chance to add to that.

Nwora is a 6'7 shooter that should be able to toggle between both forward spots.

Toronto Raptors - Zeke Nnaji

The Raptors have good depth on the wings, but may need to draft a point guard based on Fred VanFleet’s free agency and Terence Davis’ legal troubles.

But the bigger hole on the roster is at center, where all three centers will be free agents. My money is on them re-signing at least two of them back, while Nnaji develops.

Detroit Pistons - Isaiah Stewart

The Celtics’ war chest of draft picks is finally empty, and they face tax concerns. So they recoup with two future seconds and get more breathing room from the tax line.

Stewart is a ground bound center that produces.
Good work on this. Going to do another one myself, but probably going to wait a few days to see if anything shakes out.

Jalen Smith would be a perfect fit there and has been mocked to them in several places. Gives you the shooting that Olynyk does with more defensive potential.

he can shoot the 3 if needed. 38% on 8-21 last year. Not great but it’s not hopeless. Still, 20th would be surprising imo

Fair. I'm also hearing dude already lost 30 lbs since the season ended. Curious to see if that helps his mobility defensively.

Fair. I'm also hearing dude already lost 30 lbs since the season ended. Curious to see if that helps his mobility defensively.
Foul trouble was his biggest issue at times. Shot pretty well from the free throw line. Obviously we know what he can do in the paint but that doesn’t matter these days. If he’s down around 250 I’m gonna be extremely impressed

measurements below: impressed with Precious standing reach at 9 feet

Tyler Bey :pimp:

Last edited:
I like how they call Saddiq Bey a wily veteran when he's a sophomore :lol:

Big Perk likes my guy Stix. Said he'd be a good fit with Bam OUTTADABAYOU :pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp:

No way I'm setting up another one. :lol:

Minnesota Timberwolves - LaMelo Ball
Golden State Warriors - James Wiseman
Charlotte Hornets - Anthony Edwards
Chicago Bulls - Deni Avdija
Cleveland Cavaliers - Obi Toppin
Atlanta Hawks - Isaac Okoro
Detroit Pistons - Patrick Williams
New York Knicks - Tyrese Haliburton
Washington Wizards - Onyeka Okongwu
Phoenix Suns - Devin Vassell
San Antonio Spurs - Aaron Nesmith
Sacramento Kings - Killian Hayes
New Orleans Pelicans - Saddiq Bey
Boston Celtics - Kira Lewis Jr
Orlando Magic - RJ Hampton
Portland Trail Blazers - Tyrese Maxey
Minnesota Timberwolves - Precious Achiuwa
Dallas Mavericks - Aleksej Pokusevski
Brooklyn Nets - Cole Anthony
Miami Heat - Jalen Smith
Philadelphia 76ers - Malachi Flynn
Denver Nuggets - Josh Green
Utah Jazz - Theo Maledon
Milwaukee Bucks - Desmond Bane
Oklahoma City Thunder - Jaden McDaniels
Boston Celtics - Leandro Bolmaro
New York Knicks - Isaiah Stewart
Los Angeles Lakers - Tyrell Terry
Toronto Raptors - Zeke Nnaji
Boston Celtics - Xavier Tillman

“Ball shot the ball well” also doesn’t mean you have to take him if he’s not a shooter...

We legit have 3 pieces people could actually want (barely), and we shouldn't be willing to move any of them.

I'd trade 3 and Batum to move down a few picks tho lololololol

only piece that I’d be fine with moving is Bridges for a future first. Other than that we should be looking to acquire assets into our cap space this year and next year make a push in free agency with Batum, Rozier, and Zeller all coming off the books

only piece that I’d be fine with moving is Bridges for a future first. Other than that we should be looking to acquire assets into our cap space this year and next year make a push in free agency with Batum, Rozier, and Zeller all coming off the books
Is Monk even enticing to any team? He's XO gang but I'd rather keep Bridges even though the jury is out on him

Back
Top Bottom