2025 NBA Draft Thread

Kuminga is 100% a tier 1 athlete. He's quick enough to guard 3's and strong enough to guard 4's.
I was expecting him to just pop on the screen .

Kinda like how Onyeka is less athletic than Bam but still pretty damn athletic

You can catch a bad half from Cade, but not a whole bad game anymore. Still, a take that’ll age terribly. :lol:

tbh I get where Bill is coming from. with Cade

-He's not like destroying college competition.

-I don't think he's some like incredible generational passer.
he's good but not like omg how did you see that? type passer

- he's a really good athlete. but not insane. doesn't have crazy length.

- solid first step but nothing crazy.

- not that much creativity and juice as a one on one player

Like he's got the highest floor by far.
and prob the highest ceiling,

but I think he's farther away from that ceiling than the hype around him would tell you.

Don't get me wrong, Id take Cade #1 from what ive seen of the rest of these guys.

but like if the median outcome is like Gordon Hayward. that is a little below what the median number 1 pick gets you.

media player of a number 1 pick i believe is like Paul George. if memory serves

Don't get me wrong, Id take Cade #1 from what ive seen of the rest of these guys.

but like if the median outcome is like Gordon Hayward. that is a little below what the median number 1 pick gets you.

media player of a number 1 pick i believe is like Paul George. if memory serves
Think the counter would be that Cade is showing significantly more at the his age than either of those 2 guys who both got scraps in year 1 and weren’t secondary & eventually primarily ball handlers on their team until years later.

Cade in year 1 is probably going to be where Hayward/George were in year 3-4.

Improvement isn’t linear, sure, but you’re getting more reps at an earlier age, I’d bet on you being a better player down the line.

Think the counter would be that Cade is showing significantly more at the his age than either of those 2 guys who both got scraps in year 1 and weren’t secondary & eventually primarily ball handlers on their team until years later.

Cade in year 1 is probably going to be where Hayward/George were in year 3-4.

Improvement isn’t linear, sure, but you’re getting more reps at an earlier age, I’d bet on you being a better player down the line.

Paul George and Gordon Hayward are physical late bloomers who physically grew during college
and in PG's case he grew a bunch at fresno state and grew another inch after getting after getting drafted.

so I don't think it's valid to use their trajectories to project Cade.

look id take Cade #1 easy.
im just saying I think he's a tad bit below what you see from consensus #1 pick prospects.

Like if all you heard was "Cade Cunningham is the dead bang, consensus number one pick" and you tuned in to watch I can understand why'd you'd be a bit underwhelmed.

He's not a freak athlete, he doesn't have an insane skill level. He's kinda a jack of all trades so I can see how someone could be underwhelmed.

Think anybody that got doubts bout Cade is cuz he don’t play with that “pop”...You not gon see him dunkin on cats or putting up 40 pieces against Kansas state, ppl got that stuff in their mind when they think #1 pick

Back
Top Bottom