Originally Posted by you go boy

i see lebron playing point foward kind of like grant hill in his prime, pippen and even mason on the knicks 
laugh.gif
... lets just say we do sign lebron and bosh how much money is there leftover? im thinkin we can sign felton or ray allen for cheap thats if ray can take a price cut

This, as a Knicks fan, is my big concern and something no one in the media is talking about.  If the cap is stays at the projected $56 million and we sign LBJ and Bosh that will leave us about $4-5 million to fill seven roster positions.  That's not a good sign for us.  We also won't get the MLE since we're under the cap.
LBJ and Bosh, if they come to NY, will have to accept that there will be one transition year before we can add depth.  Curry's expiring, getting the MLE in 2011 and more.  

Well thankfully D'Antoni likes his short rotations, so having great depth wouldn't be that important initially.

And theoretically we wouldn't have to wait that long to add some depth. We could get rid of Curry's contract early if someone wants to shed some players in exchange for a nice expiring, plus there's always a few ring chasers who would accept a role off the bench in order to win a title.

^^^ wit curry's contract.. Don't forget all the trades that go down before the deadline.. His expiring will be bigger than because it would expire in a matter of 3 months.

Report: Parker Would Welcome Trade To Knicks

May 15, 2010 11:54 PM EST
Tony Parker would like a trade to the Knicks, according to multiple sources that spoke with Newsday.
Frank Isola of the New York Times filed a similar report earlier in the week, which was publicly denied by Parker.

RealGM Note: Parker will be in the final season of his contract during the 10-11 season.

New York Knicks , San Antonio Spurs

Discuss Send Feedback Buy Tickets

[h1]LeBron's high school teammate could be used as bait to lure him to Knicks[/h1]
If the Knicks are auditioning the desperately needed point guard position, they could do worse than offering a summer-league roster spot to one of LeBron James’ closest buddies, Dru Joyce III. The Knicks’ summer league team competes in July in Las Vegas.

Joyce, who played in Poland last season, was the rock on James’ high-school team at St. Vincent-St. Mary in Akron. In James’ book on his high school team, “Shooting Stars,

[h1]Knicks' D'Antoni already busting at seams[/h1]

CLEVELAND -- Knicks coach Mike D'Antoni is feeling good these days about the Knicks' future, feeling almost like a King.

The sense throughout the Knick organization is the Cavaliers' stunning second-round ouster against Boston puts them on a level playing field with Cleveland in signing free agent LeBron James in July.

"I feel good about the possibility of being a very good team next year," D'Antoni told The Post yesterday. "I don't know anything yet about the main guy [James]. I really don't have a clue and I don't think anyone knows. But I am confident we can make it right. I do feel we're in a good position -- either way."

D'Antoni wasn't shocked either by the Celtics' 4-2 dismantling of the Cavaliers in the second round.

"I don't think it was an upset," D'Antoni said. "Boston was the better team. Everyone got down on them during the regular season but Kevin [Garnett] was hurt and people forget how good they were at the beginning of the season."

D'Antoni was amused at the shots James has taken since the Cavalier's ouster. "The guy is still great," D'Antoni said.

Though D'Antoni has been knocked for the Knicks' poor defensive play these past two seasons, nobody can knock the influence he will have on July 1. James, who played for D'Antoni on the U.S. Olympic team, is known to love his speedball philosophy. And that's noteworthy at this juncture because James, according to Cleveland sources, soured on coach Mike Brown's offensive system he deemed too slow and unimaginative.

Brown likely is to be fired in seven to 10 days, though that might not be enough for James to remain in Cleveland, as the Cavs have no cap space, no first-round pick and will be hard-pressed to make major changes.

Even Cavs owner Dan Gilbert admitted 61-win regular season is "meaningless," that winning in the playoffs requires a certain new dimension he must find.

The coach-less Bulls are considered a big threat to the Knicks because James can choose his own coach. But frankly, James would consider D'Antoni high on his list if he was unemployed.

D'Antoni said he couldn't talk specifically about James' free agency because of tampering rules. But according to people in the organization, the Knicks braintrust has deduced that what James needs most on his side is a sniper and a player who can create his own shot in the fourth quarter.

Both elements would take the heavy burden off James. The Knicks feel they have the sniper in Danilo Gallinari and a fourth-quarter shotmaker in Wilson Chandler -- two young players improving every season.

Knicks brass don't believe James necessarily needs a prominent point guard because James handles the ball so much and is such a great passer, he essentially is the point guard and floor general.

In fact, the main thing the Bulls' cast has over the Knicks' cast is at point, with Derrick Rose. Some league personnel wonder if James and Rose would mesh well because both players need the ball most of the time.

The Knicks feel with Gallinari, Chandler, James and another near-max player -- Chris Bosh, Amare Stoudemire or even shooting guard Joe Johnson -- they can be dangerous. D'Antoni is also counting on newcomer Bill Walker to be a vital part of the rotation off the bench, feeling his potential has only been scratched.

It is known James had a watchful eye on Gallinari this season. After the Cavaliers played the Knicks at the Garden for the lone time this season, James spoke with Gallinari after the game and told him to take care of his back.

Meanwhile, D'Antoni can take heart in the Suns' run to the Western finals with his former assistant Alvin Gentry running his speedball offense to perfection. D'Antoni's former club faces the Lakers tomorrow in Game 1.

"It's Alvin's way, too, but what it does is gives me more confidence that you can win that way," D'Antoni said. "I'm not gloating or taking credit because Alvin's done a great job, but I'm happy for them and it makes me feel good about the system."

Feelin' good. A lot of Knicks fans are feeling that way, too, after the Cavaliers showed they may not have the pieces to lure James to stay in Cleveland.

Knicks d ont have the asset to get parker.

and from now on, can we put these lebron articles in spoilers? i dont wana even read these $$!%%.
smh.gif

from now on, I'm putting in a random video every day (make this a countdown)
laugh.gif
  Starting from Day 45, lets go

Random Video number 45
nerd.gif

Spoiler [+]

donnie on espnradio right now just said about gallo "At the least i expect him to be a very good player" said that Gallo will be a big asset in getting a star.

recap:

He wasn't allowed to talk about Lebron specifically but he did mention the follow things:

When asked "How would you convince a free agent that is in his prime to join the knicks especially when they've had a losing record and with D'Antoni as the coach?"

Donnie said that he would tell the free agent(s) to look at teams like Boston before they got Garnett, Nets before Kidd arrived. All of those teams weren't considered contenders until the key player arrived. Donnie also said that he has the advantage of telling the free agent that he can choose which other free agent he would like to pair up to play with him.
He is committed to building a contender and fast. James Dolan is committed and willing to spend money to put together this team for Walsh.

i have more

Because I always enjoy playing fantasy GM:

Draft
38 - Doesn't matter...you'll see why soon
39 - Doesn't matter...you'll see why soon

Free Agency
Sign LeBron James with max contract...no brainer.
Sign Chris Bosh with max contract...LeBron isn't coming alone.
Sign Allen Iverson with bi-annual contract...I don't like him but I think he'd flourish.

Trades
Trade Eddy Curry + #38+ #39 for Samuel Dalembert...Philly has been trying to trade Dalembert for years. He'd bring a presence on defense.

Roster
Dalembert
Bosh
LeBron
Chandler
Iverson

Gallinari
Walker
Douglas

I'd like to call this the allen plan in short.
laugh.gif

He wasn't allowed to talk about Lebron specifically but he did mention the following things:

When asked "How would you convince a free agent that is in his prime to join the knicks especially when they've had a losing record and with D'Antoni as the coach?"

Donnie said that he would tell the free agent(s) to look at teams like Boston before they got Garnett, Nets before Kidd arrived. All of those teams weren't considered contenders until the key player arrived. Also talked about how the Lakers were on hard times until another key player, Pau Gasol arrived. Each team needed the right players to complete the team. Donnie also said that he has the advantage of telling the free agent that he can choose which other free agent he would like to pair up to play with him.
He is committed to building a contender and fast. James Dolan is committed and willing to spend money to put together this team for Walsh.

Walsh said that would tell the free agents about the plans the team has in place for them. Not only personnel wise, but will talk about the transformation of MSG. (The renovation)
He will also tell them how NYC is one of the greatest cities in the world and how everything here is readily available.

Talks about how Danilo and Wilson Chandler would be able to contribute to a contending team.

He did not say anything about Tony Parker

Said that he will do whatever it takes to get the best team available.

But will not overpay or sign players that are not worth overspending and wasting away the cap space. May as well just wait for 2011 if that is the case. But will do whatever it takes to get the best team this summer.

that's pretty much all he said.

edit: When asked about David Lee

He said it's an advantage for the knicks since it gives them options (whatever that means????)

donnie_walsh_knicks.jpg

- He said that the Free Agents know that Mike D'antoni is a 'heck of a coach' and he knows Mike is attractive to 'them'.

- He praised the fans for their loyalty and for rooting the team on during two poor seasons. He said that when the team was playing well, the fans cheared and supported the team like no other city. He said that when the fans booed because of poor play, He wanted to boo too.

- He said that He was going for it this summer and seemed confident he could get something done... but if it doesn't work out he will not ruin the franchise by wasting cap space and overpaying sub par talent. He is not going to try to pull one over on the fans. He will be patient and build the team the right way.

- He said New York has so much to offer to anyone... from busy Urban New York to the quiet ('Indiana-like') Westchester.

how is anyone gunna make a lineup for the knicks next year with gallo on the bench and will starting?

Gallo > Wilson, especially as a sniper with two max FAs....eff it im just gunna say it from now on cuz i think its going to happen...Bosh+Bron getting him open

The issue is that Bosh is not going to be our 5, he'll never agree to that.  We need a defensive-minded center and I don't know where the hell we'd get one that we can afford this year.  
Douglas

Bron

Gallo

Bosh

??

Chandler will def be our 6th man if Bron & Bosh come.

Originally Posted by sircharles2ol3

Apparently Charles Oakley is confident LBJ is goin to Chicago or Miami... idc, I'm staying confident.

Oak is still bitter as *$+% that he didn't get offered big man coach job with the Knicks.  His opinion is biased and irrelevant.  

Back
Top Bottom