Originally Posted by LosALMIGHTY

while on my lunch break....

I was  actually interviewed by some girl after taking the pic on 32nd & 8th. She was polling Knick fans on their reaction and I said  I wasn't impressed.

thanks for taking the pic like I requested earlier
laugh.gif

who was she interviewing for?

Originally Posted by viiheaven

By the way, I mentioned this on Twitter;

I was listening to The Herd with Colin Cowherd on ESPN Radio this morning and he was talking about reasons why LeBron might leave (he predicts that he stays in Cleveland) but he said something to the like of "a situation between LeBron's teammate and his mother, which caused LeBron a lot of tension and caused tension in the locker room. I can't report about it but you can look it up on the internet. It's well known here at ESPN."

That's the first time I heard about the Delonte West/LeBron's mom thing outside of the internet.

All I can say is wow.
pimp.gif
FINALLY!

Wait Delonte West was banging LeBron's moms?

DAMN. That's cold blooded. Did Bron find out in game 4 against the Celtics? Cuz his play from then on would make sense then
laugh.gif

This dude Bron got more problems than I thought. If he caught them in the act like these rumors claim he must've been crushed. Crazy reason to stay in Cle imo, just stomp West out.

His mom don't even look good though.

Originally Posted by LIVE BOY D

Originally Posted by beh235

Originally Posted by beh235

I said this a long time ago, and now people realize this. I guess I didn't state my point clearly. I said on pg. 558 of this thread that the Knicks couldn't afford Lebron AND another max free agent. It must have been the wording of what I said that made people think that the Knicks couldn't afford Lebron at all. Looks like this is coming true. It also appears that it is unlikely that he is going to sign with the Knicks. Knick fans are wishful thinkers, but not getting Lebron is going to further ruin the franchise. They should gut the team and find a way to fire James Dolan. Donnie Walsh can only do so much with that cheap owner over him.

Originally Posted by BMWStew

Hell you talking about, Melo "coming home", Melo is from Bmore NOT NY.
wait who the hell are these people 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

^ Someone who knows the truth. Jerk. Why are they scrambling to dump Eddie Curry and Wilson Chandler? They should have done that already? Wasn't this one of the first teams to race to Lebron 2 summers ago, by publicly admitting that they were gonna clear cap space to sign him, and now what are they? The third or fourth option? Dolan is a stupid owner, he overpays for underachieving talent (Curry, Allan Houston) and then signs D'antoni to coach a run and gun style that doesn't fit the personnel? They are a little better than in years past, yes. They can't draft, and ones they did draft, they gave them away (Channing Frye anyone?). If David Lee is smart, he'll leave. They constantly mortgage the future to try to win now (their 2010 lottery pick went to Utah) and it never works. This is not how you build a team. That being said, they do not have as much money as Chicago or Miami to sign Lebron and another player. I used to be a knick fan a long time ago. In my heart of hearts, i'm a knick fan, but this franchise is terrible right now. Face it, this team hasn't been important since #33 was traded. Knick fans just don't see the facts, just like John Starks in 1994 in game 7.
i haven't been called a jerk since second grade
laugh.gif

but dude...

I'm tired of arguing about this. I'm not one for going back and forth, especially on message boards, but your sig is right, we just have to wait and see until it plays out. Like I said as a knick fan deep inside, I don't have any faith in a star in his prime coming here. It never seems to work out. The knicks tend to get players really early in their career or way past their prime (think Larry Johnson), save for Patrick Ewing. I remember hearing Reggie Miller, Charles Barkley and Michael Jordan talking about them nearly signing with the Knicks at various points. That hurt lol. But anyway, we'll see how it goes....

There was a time where I held Pat Riley in serious regard, as I’m sure all Knicks fans did at one point. He coached, motivated
pic139.jpg
and led a bunch of rugged Knicks to the cusp of a title.

Then the power got to his head.

It was a clear power struggle between he and Dave Checketts. Checketts had the bigger seat at the table. Riley faxed in his resignation.

His Heat team, thanks to PJ Brown overreacting, cost the Knicks their best shot to beat MJ’s Bulls, and even though there was retribution, the Heat have managed to land Wade, Shaq and a title.

If Riley wins out on this whole thing again, The Rat will have struck a dagger in the heart of Knicks fans once again. And it sounds like he’s been getting help from another ex-MSG employee and player: Ernie Grunfeld.

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

Originally Posted by LosALMIGHTY

I was  actually interviewed by some girl after taking the pic on 32nd & 8th. She was polling Knick fans on their reaction and I said  I wasn't impressed.

thanks for taking the pic like I requested earlier
laugh.gif

who was she interviewing for?

I totally forgot. I was rushing to take the pic and grab some food.
eyes.gif

i think johnson would excel as a second or third option.. he really hasn't done much when he was the go to guy

eh but who knows...

ESPN got some balls interviewing NYCers who don't want LeBron to come there.
indifferent.gif
Even if it was a joke skit.

Closing hours until the bonanza officially begins... and it dawned on me I want no part of Amare coming here.

Unless there's some magic in the air and something crazy gets worked out with JJ, Amare, AND LBJ, then cool.. do what you gotta do to get Lebron, but if Amare is our main guy, then I'm less than thrilled.

Bum knees, no defense, and grabbed 4 rebounds on a few nights in the WCF, no thanks.

[h1]http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wi...00630/hawks_to_offer_full_max_to_joe_johnson/[/h1]
[h1]Hawks To Offer Full Max To Joe Johnson[/h1]

Jun 30, 2010 3:00 PM EST

Johnson_Joe_atl.jpg
The Atlanta Hawks will offer Joe Johnson a maximum contract for six seasons at the beginning of free agency, according to a source that spoke with Michael Cunningham of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

RealGM Note: Johnson has been a target for multiple teams in free agency, but the significance in receiving more money from the Hawks cannot be understated.

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wi..._offer_full_max_to_joe_johnson/#ixzz0sMs6DBgg

smh.gif
mad.gif

[h1]http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wi...30/nuggets_might_be_willing_to_trade_carmelo/[/h1]
[h1]Nuggets Might Be Willing To Trade Carmelo[/h1]

Jun 30, 2010 3:26 AM EST

Anthony_Carmelo_den.jpg
Despite discussing a contract extension with Carmelo Anthony, sources close to the situation indicate the Nuggets would rather trade him than risk losing him in free agency for nothing.

The Nuggets are attempting to be proactive by securing Anthony to an extension this summer. He will become a free agent on July 1, 2011 if he doesn't sign an extension.

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wi...ht_be_willing_to_trade_carmelo/#ixzz0sMukgfSx

trade gallo, chandler, and curry for melo RIGHT NOW !!!

[h1]http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wi...00630/hawks_to_offer_full_max_to_joe_johnson/[/h1]
[h1]Hawks To Offer Full Max To Joe Johnson[/h1]

Jun 30, 2010 3:00 PM EST

Johnson_Joe_atl.jpg
The Atlanta Hawks will offer Joe Johnson a maximum contract for six seasons at the beginning of free agency, according to a source that spoke with Michael Cunningham of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

RealGM Note: Johnson has been a target for multiple teams in free agency, but the significance in receiving more money from the Hawks cannot be understated.

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wi..._offer_full_max_to_joe_johnson/#ixzz0sMs6DBgg

smh.gif
mad.gif

DAYUMMMMM!!! (c) Drake 

They're *@$@@%% the game all the way up
smh.gif

mad.gif

When Mikhail Prokhorov assumed control of the Nets just a few months ago, he claimed that he wanted to make the Nets the biggest team in the world. Implicit in that statement was that he also wanted them to be the biggest team in the New York area, a title currently held by the traditional favorites, the New York Knicks.

However, with the Knicks mired in a string of losing seasons and looking unlikely to make a significant splash during the free agent period, Prokhorov smells blood. So he’s reacting by putting up a giant mural for the Nets right near the Mecca of basketball. From the New York Post:

Upstart New Jersey Nets owner Mikhail Prokhorov has penetrated New York’s shabby defense with a towering 225-foot mural touting his team just yards from where the Knicks hold court.
Prokhorov teams up with hip-hop mogul Jay-Z on a mural proclaiming “The blueprint for greatness.

you guys do know that the story ESPN is running with Bosh saying it wouldn't work with all three is from the Miami Herald is from last weekend right. Before the whole rumor of all three playing together came to light.

Not saying it's going to happen but just pointing it out.

Ps That billboard is so disrespectful
smh.gif

Also, the report that the sign and trade is a done deal for Bosh was just a rumor/joke from Dan LeBatard. He admitted on the radio that it's not an actual story and he's just repeating something he heard, he was on the radio today laughing at how people were taking him seriously and thought it was true.

But of course now there's GMs saying Bosh is going to Miami or agents are on board, and blah blah blah.  Bosh looks like he's Miami bound but who knows until it's all official.

Originally Posted by h3at23

you guys do know that the story ESPN is running with Bosh saying it wouldn't work with all three is an old story from the Miami Herald that is from last week right. Before the whole rumor of all three playing together came to light.

Not saying it's going to happen but just pointing it out.

Ps That billboard is so disrespectful
smh.gif

I dont think anyone cares about what BSPN says to be honest. I always and still believe bosh, bron, and wade will never play on the same team but i could be wrong

Less then 7 hours

I also think JJ wants to play in NY and is willing to take a paycut. Watch him prove me wrong and take that max in ATL

Less then 7 hours

I also think JJ wants to play in NY and is willing to take a paycut. Watch him prove me wrong and take that max in ATL

Yeah, Ppl in Miami do NOT take anything LeBatard says seriously. The guy spends all day clownin like lil kids on his radio show w/his co-host. They twitted that James wasn't coming to Miami to throw ppl off but they were talking about James Jones not LeBron.

It's entertaining if you're into that kind of thing.

The *!#%@ about it is, Lebatard has alot of good sources but he doesn't take it seriously
smh.gif

FYI...

Nothing's gonna happen in 7 hours. Just more speculative reports.

Players can't officially sign for another week, and I'd bet we won't get any concrete info about anything until they're about to sign the papers.

Well, I have decided to skip the few 663 pages of this thread to put my .02 in. With the way the last decade has gone, we can only expect the Knicks to get screwed out of getting 2 max players. Management has done everything they can to at least be in the running by essentially throwing away 2 seasons in order to court guys like Lebron, Bosh, Joe Johnson, etc.

At the end of the day, a dream situation would be Lebron/Bosh or Lebron/Johnson, but it is impossible for the Knicks to have the best offer if teams like Miami and Chicago are going to be able to have so much more leverage with set pieces like Wade and Rose.

And if Joe Johnson stays in ATL, imagine the Knicks getting NOBODY? There will be a team here that saved up the cap space and might lose out completely. Could be the biggest hit the Knicks have ever taken as a franchise.

All in all, the news for the next week will be Lebron here, Lebron there. Until anything actually happens, I say expect the unexpected. I don't believe any of these "done deals" people have reported the last couple of days.

Originally Posted by h3at23

Yeah, Ppl in Miami do NOT take anything LeBatard says seriously. The guy spends all day clownin like lil kids on his radio show w/his co-host. They twitted that James wasn't coming to Miami to throw ppl off but they were talking about James Jones not LeBron.

It's entertaining if you're into that kind of thing.

The *!#%@ about it is, Lebatard has alot of good sources but he doesn't take it seriously
smh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Sounds like he's playing this thing right because everyone else is just bs'ing like they know something

Back
Top Bottom