broussard is such a douche. Amare's manager said on twitter they're headed to NY on saturday

and this is gaining momentum elsewhere..
Source close to Amare Stoudemire says he is done in Phoenix, leaning towards signing with the New York Knicks. http://tinyurl.com/35ahrug 6 minutes ago via web

Amare Stoudemire won't be returning to Phoenix and is leaning towards signing with the New York Knicks, a source close to the power forward tells HOOPSWORLD.

The source says that the Suns "came in too low" with their offer and stressed that the Knicks are the new frontrunner to land Stoudemire's services. While no offer has been made, the two sides have begun negotiations.

Read more NBA news and insight: http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=16647#ixzz0sUsse1BA

amare is in for a rude awakening when he realizes he is not that good without a play making pg. too bad the knicks dont realize that

Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK

Originally Posted by Quincy Powell

If true...

laugh.gif
@ Amar'e...here we go with the moves we'll regret.
If he's the key to landing a Bron or Melo, there's nothing regretable about that fam. But if he's stuck as the #1, getting max money and they build around him...that's another story.

I'm still wait and see on this $!** though...won't believe anything until it's officially official.
Yep.

I said myself earlier that I'm less than thrilled with Amare, but if he brings us Lebron, then I'll run out and buy some goggles and wear them every time the Knicks play

I have areally good feeling that we are going to land jj, Lebron, amare, and possibly dlee.. idk how.. but I see it happening.. if so

pimp.gif

^^ Sorry but that is not happening. JJ would be a stone cold fool to leave the max on the table from Atlanta and I think Lee is looking around at these foolish deals being tossed around, and is looking to cash in (whether its Chicago or NJ). I could see Amare and Lebron or Amare and some role players, but your scenario is video game like.

Originally Posted by sircharles2ol3

I have areally good feeling that we are going to land jj, Lebron, amare, and possibly dlee.. idk how.. but I see it happening.. if so

pimp.gif
roll.gif
That would never happen. JJ will take that contract because he isn't getting anything better. That decision will pretty much tell what he wants more....the money or a ring. I'm going to say money.

I don't want to get anyone's hopes up or mislead anyone but, I can't be the only person thinking Steve Nash, David Lee, Wilson Chandler and Eddy Curry could be included in some mega sign and trade involving Amare right?

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

I don't want to get anyone's hopes up or mislead anyone but, I can't be the only person thinking Steve Nash, David Lee, Wilson Chandler and Eddy Curry could be included in some mega sign and trade involving Amare right?
The hell?  There's no way that even crossed my mind..

NOW YOU GOT MY HOPES UP

Originally Posted by Big J 33

The hell?  There's no way that even crossed my mind..

NOW YOU GOT MY HOPES UP
Not happening, but that package should be able to get us any player in the league

I thought about something like that but I had Gallinari pinned in there instead of Chandler.  I'm reallllllly against trading Eddy Curry's contract before it expires naturally.  IMO it's our biggest asset.

Originally Posted by sircharles2ol3

pimp.gif

You probably also think Toy Story is based off a true story.

I really hope NY will make a push to acquire Chris Paul.. he fits D'Antoni's style of play, and if its true that Amare will sign that should be
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

and If LeBron goes to NY, It's gonna be Showtime Knicks, LeBron can showcase all of his skills (playing the point,running the break, the chase down and etc etc...)

It's not about being pessimistic...I just feel since we tanked these past 2 years and have been bad for 10 years we should of just built thru the draft.

Not the quick fix of a false hope through free agency. I'm all for a a good gamble but this circus is ridiculous.

Originally Posted by Proshares

I thought about something like that but I had Gallinari pinned in there instead of Chandler.  I'm reallllllly against trading Eddy Curry's contract before it expires naturally.  IMO it's our biggest asset.
But if we bring in a couple max FA's, then the free cap space we get from his contract will be taken up slightly by increasing salaries potentially.

Originally Posted by Quincy Powell

It's not about being pessimistic...I just feel since we tanked these past 2 years and have been bad for 10 years we should of just built thru the draft.

Not the quick fix of a false hope through free agency. I'm all for a a good gamble but this circus is ridiculous.
Yeah well we weren't getting this year's pick, and that wasn't Walsh's fault.  We picked Hill when everyone else we targeted was gone, we picked Gallinari and I'm pleased with that pick now.. it's not like there was much else we could do.  We just didn't get lucky and move up in the lottery like Chicago did for Rose, that never happened for us.  What crippled the Knicks this past decade wasn't that our team "just wasn't good enough", it was that management NEVER thought it was time to rebuild and we just kept trying to put a bandaid over a bullet wound

We could have avoided awful contracts and just treating water and rebuild the proper way, but our GMs were morons.  The Knicks saw the possibility to turn this team around very quickly through FA, we did all we could and now we just have to hope for the best. 

Back
Top Bottom