20k for Presedential Inauguration tickets.

Yeah..20k for a ticket is kinda steep. That will put you in something with 4 wheels and navigation right off the lot.
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Interest in President-elect Barack Obama's inauguration is running so high that one ticket broker is asking $20,095 for a single ticket.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/11/10/inaugration.tickets/index.htmlhttp://www.cnn.com/2008/P...ration.tickets/index.html

I don't think I want to take out a Loan just for inauguration tickets. Like I've stated before:

Tickets to the 56th Inaugural Ceremonies will be provided free of charge and distributed through Members of the 111th Congress. The Joint Congressional Committee on Inaugural Ceremonies does not provide tickets to the public. Members of the public interested in attending the Inaugural Ceremonies should contact their Member of Congress or U.S. Senators to request tickets.
http://inaugural.senate.gov/2009/tickets.cfmhttp://inaugural.senate.gov/2009/tickets.cfm

Of course, congressmen are probably giving them out to their friends and the rest to constituents who have contributed ($$$) to them.

This is the ultimate resale hustle though
pimp.gif

thing is, not a SINGLE seat has been handed out. They're all locked up...

all of these are frauds, CNN reported this on Friday

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

thing is, not a SINGLE seat has been handed out. They're all locked up...

all of these are frauds, CNN reported this on Friday

Yeah, thats true.

They hand them out a week before. Numerous individuals and ticket brokers are claiming they will be in possession of the tickets when they are released andwill be able to sell them. Some of the claims are valid, others are fraud.

The worst deal to get into, is to pay a non-refundable "holding" fee and the organization your buying from somehow comes up short on the number of tickets they planned to acquire
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by djphame1

i thought it was free

It is. Call your congressman..............his/her office phone is probably busy or your gonna leave a message with a secretary which will never beanswered
laugh.gif
. At this point, it's probably impossible to get a freeticket unless you know somebody or you are that somebody.

Originally Posted by rickybadman

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

My job needs some volunteers to go. They asked me and I laughed and said hell no.
GIVE IT UP. YOU LOST. MOVE ON

some people just don't know how to lose graciously. Hate runs deep in some occasions...

My job needs some volunteers to go. They asked me and I laughed and said hell no.

some people just don't know how to lose graciously. Hate runs deep in some occasions...
laugh.gif
Dude probably still has a McCain/Palin bumper sticker onhis ride.

I think just lining up and seeing Obama's motorcade pass by is good enough. I wonder if Obama will be like Clinton and actually get out of the limo andwalk ala Clinton?

1992 Clinton Innaugration
pimp.gif

inau23.gif

Unlike GW Bush who actually had the motorcade speed up because people were protesting and throwing eggs at their limo.
roll.gif

bush_inauguration_2000.jpg

Not liking Obama =/= Liking McCain, genius. I don't know why it is so difficult for you guys to grasp this concept.

Call me crazy, but I find Hillary attractive somehow. And yea, I'd like to go but no way I have 20k to spend on it

Well, i sent a letter to my congresswoman. I wonder if they'll check on whether i'm actually the last surviving ww1 veteran who is also a mojaveindian.

Originally Posted by Frankie CALentino

Well, i sent a letter to my congresswoman. I wonder if they'll check on whether i'm actually the last surviving ww1 veteran who is also a mojave indian.

What?

Are people still losing their jobs and homes?

Originally Posted by Frankie CALentino

Well, i sent a letter to my congresswoman. I wonder if they'll check on whether i'm actually the last surviving ww1 veteran who is also a mojave indian.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by SunDOOBIE

laugh.gif
Dude probably still has a McCain/Palin bumper sticker on his ride.

I think just lining up and seeing Obama's motorcade pass by is good enough. I wonder if Obama will be like Clinton and actually get out of the limo and walk ala Clinton?

1992 Clinton Innaugration
pimp.gif

inau23.gif

Unlike GW Bush who actually had the motorcade speed up because people were protesting and throwing eggs at their limo.
roll.gif

bush_inauguration_2000.jpg

well, conservatives ain't as wacko as liberals...

Back
Top Bottom