23 years later is the trend

so since this is the trend. If we get retro 6's next year can we initially get nike air on them or is the Jumpman permanent. technically Nike gave Mike Jordan Brand in 97. So is he gonna keep on imprinting our favorites wit a jumpman or because of the success of the 88 jordan 3's will they change up. Sorry if this has been asked already.

I'd love to see NA on them I just don't want
to pay 200 (or more)for it.

Wishing for a black infrared VI with nike on it next year
That would be dope and I could definitely see them doing something special with the Jordan vi to commemorate his first championship title. It'd be sick too if they produced maybe a few more than the 88's.

I like the Jumpman better....just my preference, but it doesn't make a difference to me.

I'm with you dude.
i'm 35 years old and had OG j's with nike air on them but looking at a pair of 88 3's the other day and they looked a little weird coz i'm used to seeing the jumpman on every retro.
its funny how peeps will buy anything and everthing with a jumpman on it (hats, T's, sweats, shorts etc) but cant accept jumpman on their kicks.

A 2013 Camero don't look like a 70-80's camero coz they were made in defferent era's same as a 2013 retro jordan dont look the same as an 80-90's OG coz they were made in different era's.
dudes just need to accept the fact that a retro jordan NA or not AINT AN OG so accept them for what they are, RETRO'S

I could give a damn if it's JB or NA. I personally would be happier if they could hire a quality control employee to step up their game and justify the prices we're paying for shoes. Who gives a damn what the back of the shoe says?

It'll eventually happen.

Honestly I care about shape more then badging. But I feel everyone who wants NA.

when it comes to da VI's i care more about da durabuck then da nike air.

THIS... you could put a mars blackmon logo on the heel for all I care as long as the materials are done right (jeans cover the heel anyway, and the 6 isn't a shorts type shoe IMO)

I'm with you dude.
i'm 35 years old and had OG j's with nike air on them but looking at a pair of 88 3's the other day and they looked a little weird coz i'm used to seeing the jumpman on every retro.
its funny how peeps will buy anything and everthing with a jumpman on it (hats, T's, sweats, shorts etc) but cant accept jumpman on their kicks.

A 2013 Camero don't look like a 70-80's camero coz they were made in defferent era's same as a 2013 retro jordan dont look the same as an 80-90's OG coz they were made in different era's.
dudes just need to accept the fact that a retro jordan NA or not AINT AN OG so accept them for what they are, RETRO'S

Those sweatpants and t-shirts are new products with the Jumpman logo. People feel like the shoes are being tarnished without that branding on the parts of the shoe because in part that is one of the iconic features of their shoe. It doesn't bother me at all, but I see why a lot of people are attached to the AIR logos. Obviously the brand has been on its own for over 15 years now but people still beg for that logo to happen, and with the release of the 88's it's only going to make consumers even more hungry for it to happen again.

You're Camaro logic doesn't really apply in this situation. That's something that evolves and is updated all the time. The retro shoes are meant to bring back the kicks not re-design them and butcher what the original was.

To answer the original question, I'm SURE they will slap that Nike Air logo on a lot of shoes going forward just to make that extra $40-$60 off everyone. There's no reason not to. VIs with NA on them, XIs with white stripe on the patent leather, etc. They'll find anniversaries to make it seem worth it.

Its all about marketing hype, JB threw us a bone with Nike air on the 3's & taxed so I wouldent be surprised if he went right back to what worked & throw Nike air on the back of a VI or 2, charge $200+ retail & capitalize on the hype once again.

Back
Top Bottom