24 Looking to build Credit... What are some good tips on your first Credit Card

Bonds for your new born?

Sounds like a long term plan. ETFs seems like a better option, unless you can't handle the risk.

i have a question

my credit is shot.................credit cards are basically maxed, my last auto loan is default............i wasnt gonna pay anymore for something i no longer drive, had no idea it was gonna take this long so i told the man from Chase i cant do this anymore an i understand the next course of action, so is what it is.

so anyways ill be coming into VERY good XXX,XXX amont from my lawsuit which will obviously make me debt free very soon, i have 21k coming already(from the guy who hit me policy only 21k because of a lot of adjustments with the 100K policy, the 6 figures is from the bar he came from) which can handle all that and insurance is gonna pay off my car i have $100 left after they cover (petty lol) glad about that! (thank you honda)

what will be the best plan of action to build my credit again?? how much better should it become with once everything is charged off, car, collections, credit cards all paid.

thank you in advance for any advice

Last edited:
How can the bar be held responsible?

"Dram shop liability refers to the body of law governing the liability of taverns, liquor stores and other commercial establishments that serve alcoholic beverages. Generally, dram shop laws establish the liability of establishments arising out of the sale of alcohol to visibly intoxicated persons or minors who subsequently cause death or injury to third parties (those not having a relationship to the bar) as a result of alcohol-related car crashes and other accidents.

The laws are intended to protect the general public from the hazards of serving alcohol to minors and intoxicated patrons. Groups such as Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD) have advocated for the enforcement and enactment of dram shop laws across the United States as well as in the United Kingdom, Canada, New Zealand and Australia. The earliest dram shop laws date from the 19th century temperance movement.

The laws have drawn criticism by those[who?] who claim they downplay the role of personal responsibility."

they are liable and they are cooperating, so yes youre gotdamb right they are part responsible for me almost being dead.
some ppl are bankrupt after my situation............driver with no insurance and no "bar" to hold liable either

im fortunate i have a case where i can be able to get back on my feet properly, im not even done recovery form JUNE $&$*%&$# 4th 2015 as of today. not being hostile with you just explaining

i already have their XXX,XXX on the table they already wanted me to take, that alone proves they know the deal and want it over with/settle asap

my lawyer is going for negligence on top of that policy, and he is very confident and we have witness and statement from the guy who hit me

anyways back to my question if anyone has advice thank you

Last edited:

they are liable and they are cooperating, so yes youre gotdamb right they are part responsible for me almost being dead.
some ppl are bankrupt after my situation............driver with no insurance and no "bar" to hold liable either

im fortunate i have a case where i can be able to get back on my feet properly, im not even done recovery form JUNE $&$*%&$# 4th 2015 as of today. not being hostile with you just explaining

i already have their XXX,XXX on the table they already wanted me to take, that alone proves they know the deal and want it over with/settle asap

my lawyer is going for negligence on top of that policy, and he is very confident and we have witness and statement from the guy who hit me

anyways back to my question if anyone has advice thank you

I read on MyFico forums to get pay for deletes or goodwill deletes given your situation with the hospitalization and car accident. I'd present evidence of hardship to whatever loans you defaulted on and credit card companies you're behind with.

Check this place out http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/bd-p/rebuildingcredit

Last edited:
I have a bill in collections for 600$ from 5 years ago. My credit score is pretty good but I would like to clear this nonetheless. I plan on calling to negotiate to pay a lump sum of 40% of what I owe, I also intend to get a copy of the agreement before I send payment. I have 3 questions.

1. Is the best way to pay via money order?

2. How long until it is cleared from my credit report

3. Anything else I should take into account before calling?

Last edited:

I have a bill in collections for 600$ from 5 years ago. My credit score is pretty good but I would like to clear this nonetheless. I plan on calling to negotiate to pay a lump sum of 40% of what I owe, I also intend to get a copy of the agreement before I send payment. I have 3 questions.

Always, always exercise your right to have the collections agency prove the debt is yours.

Yes. Never give them direct access to your account. Even a personal check would have your account information on it for them to collect more than the agreed upon amount.

ALWAYS get the agreement in writing and keep it around forever.

Yes. Never give them direct access to your account. Even a personal check would have your account information on it for them to collect more than the agreed upon amount.

ALWAYS get the agreement in writing and keep it around forever.
is there a way to prove they received payment? Or is that being overly cautious

Last edited:
man I like you AI but sueing the bar because some *** clown got behind the wheel is below my standards

I cant say I wouldnt do the same in your situation but from afar Id say thats foul b.

ppl jus trying to run a business, take the a hole for every dime he has but its not the bars fault he decided to operate his vehicle under the influence

out before the court says he was over served blah blah blah

man I like you AI but sueing the bar because some *** clown got behind the wheel is below my standards

I cant say I wouldnt do the same in your situation but from afar Id say thats foul b.

ppl jus trying to run a business, take the a hole for every dime he has but its not the bars fault he decided to operate his vehicle under the influence

Apparently they're called Dram laws where bars can be held responsible if a patron drives drunk after leaving there and hitting someone. From what i read on my state (Illinois), the bar doesnt even have to be aware that the patron is intoxicated and can still be held responsible

to play devils advocate....

I'm about to sue my family and friends, the korean bbq and the restaurants for the extra weight I put on this holiday season.

Im sayin... the bar owner has a family his employees have families now none of them may eat because of some *** hat drunk driver. Everybody loses.

Im sayin... the bar owner has a family his employees have families now none of them may eat because of some *** hat drunk driver. Everybody loses.

shrugs, if that's the business you choose to open then you obviously know the laws and citations that follow

shrugs, if that's the business you choose to open then you obviously know the laws and citations that follow
False logic.

When you own a home you can be sued if someone gets hurt on your property. They can sue you homeless.

Last edited:
What if it's not just some drunk dude but a regular and he was visabily intoxicated (barely can stand, slurred speech, etc) ?

I'm sure the law is for the extremes like that were everybody can see this guy should not still be drinking but the bartender is feeding him drinks to laugh at the drunk or to sell drinks.

I dig it, the shop is just trying to make bread and these, unfortunately the risks they take. Even with owning a home knowing that you are liable for people who enter your home. But we take precautions (build fenses around backyards to close off pools, only allow trusted individuals in your property) or teaching bartenders to be able to identify when somebody has had enough to drink

Back
Top Bottom