24 Looking to build Credit... What are some good tips on your first Credit Card

My man it's not about credibility. You're really asking if a certain card still has a "wow factor" or if you're gonna get compliments on it. I see you said you're 19 but grow up man. You didn't initially ask if the benefits of the card would offset the annual fee

What??? Sharpen your reading comprehension. I asked if the card still gives off the wow factor or if anyone gotten compliments on it. And? So what? I never specifically said I was getting the card ONLY for the wow factor never have I said those exact words. BeezyGotSole wrote do not get the Amex for the wow factor etc etc, I'm assuming you ran with that and jumped the gun assuming that's what I was getting it for? If that's what you or he thought then that's on you, not me. If you look at my previous comments before you even commented on the issue I did write to someone what are your favorite perks and do you think it's worth the annual fee. Also....I'm not 19. Once again step your reading comprehension skills up, I was responding to BeezyGotSole who said he got an Amex gold that has a 175-195 annual fee when HE WAS 19, not me. And I was just playing devils advocate that since he's saying don't get a card for the wow factor etcetc that for him being 19 years old at the time (I'll assume here) and with limited income and at that age for someone to shed out 175-195 annual fee year for a GOLD Amex that it had to be for some wow factor or status or accomplishment feel for himself. And it is about credibility of knowledge, If you're going to bash someone about getting a card, at least know the difference between a charge card and calling it a credit card :rofl:. I'm done I'm not responding to you no more.

Last edited:
Nice. Out of the 4 years does your Amex platinum standout and receive compliments? And what are your favorite perks about the card and do you think it's worth the hefty annual fee?

Perks are great. Great for traveling, access to the Airport lounge, early check in and late checkout for hotels..

As far as the "wow" factor I don't pay mind to that. I just want to get the best perks for my $$$..

It's 100% worth the annual fee for me.

Nice. But at the age of 19 was the Amex prg still priced at a 175-195 fee? That's still a hefty annual fee for a 19 year old you can't deny that getting that gold Amex didn't make you feel " special " for that moment lol. Let's just be honest. Too many people wanna play the innocent role like who cares what people think when they do care about what brand product they get themselves. A car takes you from point a to b but there's no reason to bash anyone who wants a Benz vs a Honda. I'm not saying I want the card for the wow factor only, I even asked how's the perks and does it justify the AF. The 200 fee credit offsets half the AF, free access to the centurion lounge free food and drinks all you want and can invite 2 guests, automatic perks and upgrades for selected hotels, etc. the list goes on . I was simply wondering if the card gave off any wow factor as bonus type of question when considering the card after analyzing the perks. Just like having a metal card from the CSP was a nice cherry on the top lol. If that's a problem then idk what to say I don't think it's a big deal.
You just seem pressed for compliments over a card, which really doesn't make sense to me. When analyzing a card not once does "how many people will compliment me on this card?" pop up in my head. When I was 19 I was more excited about the fact that I was approved for an AMEX card more than anything else. I just thought the gold card looked cool, never thought about receiving compliments.

$175/yr first year was free with 40K points. I was making decent money at 20 and knew what kind of money I would be getting after graduation, so the $175 really wasn't a big deal to me. With the $100 airline credit the AF is only $75/yr now which really isn't bad at all.

Edit: Just went back and read what you said to dude. I got the gold card at 19 because I wanted a charge card with good rewards, plain and simple. Who would I be expecting a compliment from at 19 over a charge card? My friends could give a dam about an AMEX. Like I said you are pressed for compliments. Acting like $175 gonna break my pockets just because I was 19 
laugh.gif

Nice. Out of the 4 years does your Amex platinum standout and receive compliments? And what are your favorite perks about the card and do you think it's worth the hefty annual fee?
First thing you asked 

Last edited:
You just seem pressed for compliments over a card, which really doesn't make sense to me. When analyzing a card not once does "how many people will compliment me on this card?" pop up in my head. When I was 19 I was more excited about the fact that I was approved for an AMEX card more than anything else. I just thought the gold card looked cool, never thought about receiving compliments.

$175/yr first year was free with 40K points. I was making decent money at 20 and knew what kind of money I would be getting after graduation, so the $175 really wasn't a big deal to me. With the $100 airline credit the AF is only $75/yr now which really isn't bad at all.

Edit: Just went back and read what you said to dude. I got the gold card at 19 because I wanted a charge card with good rewards, plain and simple. Who would I be expecting a compliment from at 19 over a charge card? My friends could give a dam about an AMEX. Like I said you are pressed for compliments. Acting like $175 gonna break my pockets just because I was 19 :lol:
First thing you asked 

Only in NT where everything gets blown up for no reason just because I asked if any Amex plat holders ever gotten a compliment on their card lol. You just said you were excited for the fact you were approved to an AMEX and that the card looked cool. Cmon man that's the almost the same reason you're bashing me about me this issue. Amex is a Known and status symbol company in the credit world don't act like you didn't know that when you applied. I can easily say I wouldn't pay 175 a year at 19 years old just for an "Amex" just for its brand name and just because it looks cool!!! It's all in the same ball park you're contradicting yourself in a way and being a hypocrite with that statement solely. Now you're justifying your annual fees with the air line credit and how 175 isn't going to hurt your pockets. Why can't I say the same? What if I like the perks for travel and I travel a lot. I asked a question about the wow factor. It wasnt my ONLY reason for the card, i know the perks as well. It's no different from when others tell me about their metal CSP card. You're on ficomforums you said right? You must see that topic all the time about those metal cool cards and the compliments they get. Go bash them too. It's a simple question, maybe I came off a little "pressed" when I asked it in your view but it wasn't my sole intention and ONLY reason for card man.

I didnt know people were checking for credit cards like that. My girl had a hello kitty debit card in hs and she would get compliments all the time from chicks a registers maybe you should get one of those from BOA

We talkin' bout compliments?!?
roll.gif
 Dude is delusional , thought he sounded like one of those crazy myFico guys. It all makes sense now 
laugh.gif
 geeking over compliments he gonna mention his platinum card any chance he gets.

Last edited:
I didnt know people were checking for credit cards like that. My girl had a hello kitty debit card in hs and she would get compliments all the time from chicks a registers maybe you should get one of those from BOA

They got a referral reward? :nerd: aware me brah

All of this coming from the guy who got excited and applied for a card for two stupid reasons 1. Just because it was an AMEX more than anything else 2. The card looked cool

You're full of crap I just noticed how much of a hypocrite you are. Now you're making fun of the "crazy guys" in the myfico forums and how they are always geeking over, obsessed with cards, and credit scores blah blah blah right? That's the same fourm you soaked up a lot of your info from too and it's the same fourm you linked or mentioned to other people to check out. You're just as crazy you're on this thread 24/7 posting more than anyone but you're constantly always saying " yeah those people are wayyyyy too obsessed with their cards and scores". You sound like you are too. Delusional? Very much you are.

I'm done going back and forth. I'm out of here have a good day man.

Now we are an official NT thread 
nthat.gif

roll.gif

Cruising down the street in your M3 (or DA HEMI) 

Listening to the latest Meek Millz, Drake, J.Cole, Kendrick Lamar ft. The Weekend on the hook collaboration

While rocking an NT Fitted cap

With the "matching" ATL Falcons Vick Jersey

Jordan Olympic 7s on your feet

Hop out and go pay for your next sneaker purchase with the Gold AMEX card 

nthat.gif

All of this coming from the guy who got excited and applied for a card for two stupid reasons 1. Just because it was an AMEX more than anything else 2. The card looked cool

You're full of crap I just noticed how much of a hypocrite you are. Now you're making fun of the "crazy guys" in the myfico forums and how they are always geeking over, obsessed with cards, and credit scores blah blah blah right? That's the same fourm you soaked up a lot of your info from too and it's the same fourm you linked or mentioned to other people to check out. You're just as crazy you're on this thread 24/7 posting more than anyone but you're constantly always saying " yeah those people are wayyyyy too obsessed with their cards and scores". You sound like you are too. Delusional? Very much you are.

But those guys have 10 cards with $100k worth of total credit and check their scores every week. They are way crazier about scores than anybody here

I can soak up game and still spot a clown when I see one. Keep making up your own reasons for why I got the card to make yourself feel better about wanting to receive compliments over a card
laugh.gif

Last I checked AMEX is the only company that makes charge cards, hell if Navy Fed had charge cards I would have opened it with them they hold me down
pimp.gif
. You talking about brand names for CREDIT CARDS, do you not see how crazy you sound? I'm not tripping bout my scores if you lurked a lil harder you would know I'm the first to say I don't care much about utilization and only care about my score when I am securing a loan . I always say how those myFico cats are crazy, and you are falling right in line with em.

But those guys have 10 cards with $100k worth of total credit and check their scores every week. They are way crazier about scores than anybody here
Bruh, his logic is flawed. Those dudes are obsessed with cards, we are just knowledgeable and trying to help other's here.

Nothing more nothing less.

I can soak up game and still spot a clown when I see one. Keep making up your own reasons for why I got the card to make yourself feel better about wanting to receive compliments over a card
laugh.gif

Last I checked AMEX is the only company that makes charge cards, hell if Navy Fed had charge cards I would have opened it with them they hold me down
pimp.gif
. You talking about brand names for CREDIT CARDS, do you not see how crazy you sound? I'm not tripping bout my scores if you lurked a lil harder you would know I'm the first to say I don't care much about utilization and only care about my score when I am securing a loan . I always say how those myFico cats are crazy, and you are falling right in line with em.
Nothing but the truth right here. I have debated making them my primary account lately. They finally cleaned up their UI and their Bill Pay section is cleaner too. Those BoA menus and section are just too nice to use though. 

Back
Top Bottom