24 Looking to build Credit... What are some good tips on your first Credit Card

Great info in here. Will subscribe to this thread. :smokin

Just received my 2% cash back check from Mastercard. Yes I purchase a lot :lol:

View media item 1904034

Fam, what the hell? Lmao that's 2 percent of the purchases you made in 2015? You spending 20,000 a month, my g? Your job hiring?

im finna quit my job if you can show me you made 70k last month :smokin

word to wolf of wallstreet
giphy.gif

got rejected from the citi prestige card. feels bad man.

called em about my status and said I didn't have enough history on the CRA they pulled from. checked credit karma and only shows my longest is around 3 years.

should I even bother calling the reconsideration line or just wait it out?

guess my next step would be the virgin card for now

View media item 1904034

Fam, what the hell? Lmao that's 2 percent of the purchases you made in 2015? You spending 20,000 a month, my g? Your job hiring?

Well I capped out June 2015 at $250,000. That is the maximum purchase amount Mastercard will give cash back on. Had to wait the rest of the year to receive my check. Still waiting on my other credit cards to send theirs out.

Also don't work a job and sorry not hiring :lol:

View media item 1904034

Well I capped out June 2015 at $250,000. That is the maximum purchase amount Mastercard will give cash back on. Had to wait the rest of the year to receive my check. Still waiting on my other credit cards to send theirs out.

Also don't work a job and sorry not hiring :lol:
giphy.gif

al audi al audi No, that's not me. I do own multiple businesses and real estate, though. Rental properties, ATM's, laundromat, convenience stores, stocks, etc.

capital sb capital sb You're probably right. I did have Discover, but they switched me over to Mastercard. I subscribed to this thread to see what others have to offer.

al audi al audi No, that's not me. I do own multiple businesses and real estate, though. Rental properties, ATM's, laundromat, convenience stores, stocks, etc.

capital sb capital sb You're probably right. I did have Discover, but they switched me over to Mastercard. I subscribed to this thread to see what others have to offer.

put me on :lol: (serious)

I need a lot of capital though right

Do you mind if I PM you? Not anything related to what you do or putting me on, but more so regarding to advice or recommendation on something.

You travel guys....I am pretty sure I saw a commercial for a Discover IT -Mileage card they are offering now. 

6052_L.jpg

Yup did a quick search and there it is.

https://www.nerdwallet.com/blog/credit-cards/discover-it-miles-card-review/
 Why would I want the Discover it[emoji]174[/emoji] Miles-Double Miles your first year?
If you want high travel rewards, but aren’t a fan of annual fees, the Discover it[emoji]174[/emoji] Miles-Double Miles your first year is a good option. It boasts no foreign transaction fees, an annual in-flight Wi-Fi credit and an innovative promotional bonus. Plus, miles are redeemable in any amount for cash or travel statement credit.

The Discover it[emoji]174[/emoji] Miles-Double Miles your first year offers 1.5X miles on every dollar spent on purchases. There’s not a signup bonus in the traditional sense, but there is a promotional bonus to write home about — the miles you earn in your first year of card membership will be doubled. And after a double take, the Nerdsdouble-checked — there is no cap on this bonus.

You can redeem your miles for travel statement credit on expenses like airline tickets, hotel stays, rental cars, commuter transit and cab fare. Purchase your travel any way you want — directly from the airline or hotel, through a budget travel site or travel agent — and you can redeem with your Discover miles. You can also opt for cash-back rewards via direct deposit if you want.

Frequent fliers will enjoy the Discover it[emoji]174[/emoji] Miles-Double Miles your first year’s annual Wi-Fi credit. You’ll be reimbursed for up to $30 of in-flight Wi-Fi charges each year automatically.

Fee haters, rejoice. Not only does the Discover it[emoji]174[/emoji] Miles-Double Miles your first year have a $0 annual fee and no foreign transaction fees, it also waives the fee on your first late payment. If you do pay late, rest assured that your APR won’t increase. And speaking of APR, the card has an introductory rate of 0% on purchases for 12 months and 10.99% on balance transfers for 12 months, and then the ongoing APR of 11.24% – 23.24% Variable.

Finally, like other Discover credit cards, you’ll receive your free FICO score on your monthly statements, as well as online and on Discover’s mobile app.

called em about my status and said I didn't have enough history on the CRA they pulled from. checked credit karma and only shows my longest is around 3 years.

Who told you didn't have enough history on your CR ? I'd definitely call the reconsideration line. It wouldn't hurt.

Who told you didn't have enough history on your CR ? I'd definitely call the reconsideration line. It wouldn't hurt.

When I called them asking about the status of my application the rep said that it was rejected because of the short history

Back
Top Bottom