24 Looking to build Credit... What are some good tips on your first Credit Card

Wow I just saw that you get $100 discount for round trip domestic coach flights with a visa infinite card if you pay for 2-5 tickets with the card on the same itinerary. So not only do you get 3x points on airfare, you get $100 back if you buy tickets for more than one person. Add this to my jealousy since I have to wait a year to apply for the sapphire reserve :smh:

Wow I just saw that you get $100 discount for round trip domestic coach flights with a visa infinite card if you pay for 2-5 tickets with the card on the same itinerary. So not only do you get 3x points on airfare, you get $100 back if you buy tickets for more than one person. Add this to my jealousy since I have to wait a year to apply for the sapphire reserve
mean.gif
Woah how is this applied? As a statement credit?

Wow I just saw that you get $100 discount for round trip domestic coach flights with a visa infinite card if you pay for 2-5 tickets with the card on the same itinerary. So not only do you get 3x points on airfare, you get $100 back if you buy tickets for more than one person. Add this to my jealousy since I have to wait a year to apply for the sapphire reserve :smh:

Isnt that just for the Chase Ritz Carlton Card?

Yea the banks can pick and choose what perks that apply from the issuer. Chase decided to forego the $100 off companion flight probably because they're already losing money with whatever perks they're already giving out with the CSR.

I even use my credit card to pay rent. Ive racked up tons of points and cashback doing that. Leasing office even reports to all 3 credit bureaus every month like its an installment loan so thats a plus.

I really do wish I had done this years ago man.
How do I get my leasing office to do this???\

Please put me up on game

How do I get my leasing office to do this???\
Please put me up on game

Have them look into this rentplus.com and like bluntobject50 bluntobject50 said they have to be willing to do it. I dont know why they wouldnt though and rentplus also backdates for however long you were leasing at that complex so thats just good history added to your credit profile.

Last edited:
If you pay rent online see if you have the option to add a credit card to your account. Most modern leasing agencies accept both. I just found out that mine accepted cards today.

You have to weight any fees with using a credit card for rent. My last apartment charged a service fee of $20 for using a credit card, auto draft or not. I wouldn't even get that value back in points so it wasn't worth it to me.

You have to weight any fees with using a credit card for rent. My last apartment charged a service fee of $20 for using a credit card, auto draft or not. I wouldn't even get that value back in points so it wasn't worth it to me.
Mine charges me 25, still worth it for me 

$25 thats it? Thats well worth it.

Have them look into this rentplus.com and like @bluntobject50 said they have to be willing to do it. I dont know why they wouldnt though and rentplus also backdates for however long you were leasing at that complex so thats just good history added to your credit profile.
I was sketchy about that website is it really legit?

Also my apartments only accept Money Order/Cashier Check/Checks for rent.

I was sketchy about that website is it really legit?
Also my apartments only accept Money Order/Cashier Check/Checks for rent.

Its legit. Have reported on my apartment payments for the last three years. Recently just closed out since i'm house hunting. They had an agreement with my leasing complex but if you reach out to them they can reach out to your complex on your behalf and start reporting that rent money your paying.

We byke.

Capture2342341472705293.png

Took them a full week after applying to finally approve me. Probably took so long because I have too much credit open with the other cards, and gave me the minimum CL of $10k

Last edited:
Sign up for the Premier and Premier Business cards for 50k point signup bonuses from each. Hit another 10k through spending (for 110k total) and you got your companion pass.

Back
Top Bottom