24 Looking to build Credit... What are some good tips on your first Credit Card

Credit is tightening up right now. No limit increases, higher APR loans for me, and lower loan amounts.....so for those wondering, youre not the only one. The good days are slowing down. Banks are tightening up..

Make paypal credit great again it used to let u finance purchases over 1 year if it was over 600$ now any amount is due within 6 months for no interest
Not even just that, they used to have it where the payment wouldn’t come out for 14 days after your purchase with pay later. PayPal trying to get people like every other credit company

Anyone that needs to build credit or boost their score quick, look into tradelines. Affirm gives you a loan with soft inquiry pull. They currently only report to experian but later on with report to all 3.

Anyone that needs to build credit or boost their score quick, look into tradelines. Affirm gives you a loan with soft inquiry pull. They currently only report to experian but later on with report to all 3.
how do you game that? pay the minimum every month, or pay it all off immediately? or pay half off the first time and the remaining on the following month? what's the best way to game it?

how do you game that? pay the minimum every month, or pay it all off immediately? or pay half off the first time and the remaining on the following month? what's the best way to game it?
It’s an installment loan, before you actually agree to it, the loan will tell you how much you will pay every month. Usually you will choose the one that will fit your budget. I believe they have 3,6 or 12 month loans

It’s an installment loan, before you actually agree to it, the loan will tell you how much you will pay every month. Usually you will choose the one that will fit your budget. I believe they have 3,6 or 12 month loans
which option boosts up credit the most/fastest?

Besides the Big 3, did you freeze any others?

I also froze Chex Systems and Innovis.

Nah just with the top 3 credit bureaus

Why? I'm thinking about doing the same. Just found out someone made some fraudulent charges using one of my cards.
Luckily, I caught it.

I got most of the credit cards I wanted, already got a whip and not signing up for a mortgage any time soon so figure I might as well freeze it if I’m not applying for anything soon. If I were I can easily unfreeze it anyways but thought I’d be on the safe side

They are finally opening a chase here in Boston like 10 min from my house

Gonna do this
64729852-7B8A-415D-A9D0-A6EBBA77C550.png

Might do the whole thing (savings + checking combo for $600) but idk

They are finally opening a chase here in Boston like 10 min from my house

Gonna do this
64729852-7B8A-415D-A9D0-A6EBBA77C550.png

Might do the whole thing (savings + checking combo for $600) but idk

I did it last year, Mind you they will send out a 1099 Form, so you have to pay Taxes on it.

I didn't include it in my original filing, then I had to pay like $240 from $600 I remember.

I did it last year, Mind you they will send out a 1099 Form, so you have to pay Taxes on it.

I didn't include it in my original filing, then I had to pay like $240 from $600 I remember.

Yea I told my dad I was gonna do it and he told me about that. Damn though, almost had to pay half in taxes :smh:

I only did the checking account. Don’t feel like doing the savings

Yea I told my dad I was gonna do it and he told me about that. Damn though, almost had to pay half in taxes :smh:

I only did the checking account. Don’t feel like doing the savings

Yea man I know, makes it not even worth it. GMEN want their cut for everything.

Cant even put a lemonade stand without Big Brother watching us

Just checked all 3 bureaus. I'm in the mid 700s. Trying to get to the 800s for the longest. Any advice? Already requested and got credit increases on my card back in October

Just checked all 3 bureaus. I'm in the mid 700s. Trying to get to the 800s for the longest. Any advice? Already requested and got credit increases on my card back in October

I've been at 780-795 these past 3 years
They don't want me in the 800 club
But seriously, I just pay off my CCs every month + request credit increases every 3 months

I hit above 800 for like 4 months, and then I put a refrigerator on my Best buy card and it's been like 780-790 since

Back
Top Bottom