24 Looking to build Credit... What are some good tips on your first Credit Card

the 590 is currently. I was just seeing how fast I could boost it by Feb of next year. By simply settling those two accounts, and adding her on as an auth user on my accounts.

And unfortunately. Credit wasn't something talked about in my household even though my dad has had good credit his whole life. He never put me on game. I had to learn the hardway, but luckily it was when I was in college. Been good since then.

So, I mean, I'm not like one of those people that ask how much debt you have or your credit score before marrying.
I mean that is very important, but it just wasn't something I was concerned about.

Around the time we got married was around the time we talked more about finances..

And sure I can buy the house solo, I'm just organizing everything before the date get's closer.
Just wondering if her score could get in shape by that time.
Open accounts for Experian, TransUnion and Equifax and file letters of appeal for all of the late fees etc. They may remove them no questions ask, especially if she no longer has a balance for them. That should boost up her score.

I used to dispute my credit report once/twice a year, just in case the agencies had some sort of inaccuracies.

This was before I got my life together. :lol:

I have a $4000 purchase I’m paying down on one of my chase cards and saw that they have a discover it balance transfer card with the same cash back match as the regular one so I applied and got denied..I have no idea why, Don’t think I’ve ever been denied for a card before so I was surprised. I was looking forward to running up that cash back match again
Waiting for their reasoning letter to come in the mail

The balance on my chase card is a loan they offer through your credit card’s balance and I’m paying some interest on it so I’m trying to find a balance transfer card soon

Last edited:
I have a $4000 purchase I’m paying down on one of my chase cards and saw that they have a discover it balance transfer card with the same cash back match as the regular one so I applied and got denied..I have no idea why, Don’t think I’ve ever been denied for a card before so I was surprised. I was looking forward to running up that cash back match again
Waiting for their reasoning letter to come in the mail

The balance on my chase card is a loan they offer through your credit card’s balance and I’m paying some interest on it so I’m trying to find a balance transfer card soon
Probably your utilization. What's your limit on the card with 4K? 4K balance on say a 5-6K limit is a red flag to them

On that card it’s 4000/7500 but I have like 12 cards and over 50k in total credit available
My utilization did go from 1% to around 12% tho

I also applied and got denied for 2 loans in January
And I did accidentally miss a payment by 1 day, the day before I applied for that balance transfer card

I think within the past 2 years or so maybe 2 cards have closed for inactivity. Other than that, no

On that card it’s 4000/7500 but I have like 12 cards and over 50k in total credit available
My utilization did go from 1% to around 12% tho

I also applied and got denied for 2 loans in January
And I did accidentally miss a payment by 1 day, the day before I applied for that balance transfer card
Yea 12% is high to the creditors. I believe 5% or less is preferred. I only apply for new credit when I'm at 3% or less and always get approved.

Got the wells fargo active cash card recently and been enjoying 2% back on all purchases and just cashed that $200 back you get if you spend $1000 within the first 3 months of having the card :pimp:

So I got a letter from discover and the reason I got denied was “the number of accounts with discover services”
I have 2 credit cards with them 🤔

Looks like Discover is rolling out this feature

Screenshot_20220715-171232_Gmail.jpg

Quick question, I recently received a pre-approval credit card offer from First Tech from $10k-$35k. I don't have any relationship with them.

In terms of obtaining the highest credit limit possible, would it be better if I consider obtaining a credit card at places I bank with? They can obviously see that I have assets. Does it not work that way? Yall let me know.

FYI my credit score is between 764 - 794 depending on which agency the creditor would use to pull my credit.

Quick question, I recently received a pre-approval credit card offer from First Tech from $10k-$35k. I don't have any relationship with them.

In terms of obtaining the highest credit limit possible, would it be better if I consider obtaining a credit card at places I bank with? They can obviously see that I have assets. Does it not work that way? Yall let me know.

FYI my credit score is between 764 - 794 depending on which agency the creditor would use to pull my credit.
Tbh id only open any new credit card if there are significant (100k+) points attached.

Someone was calling around to the different banks I have relationships with (like Chase) pretending to be me. This person even called my company’s corporate card customer service hotline. ****ing ridiculous.
That's wild man, did you put a freeze on your credit?

Back
Top Bottom