24 Looking to build Credit... What are some good tips on your first Credit Card

I never said it was a bad thing (I'm offereng the referrel for Chase :nerd:), but don't act like you didn't post about the $50 sign up more than once lol.

i havent posted it in forever and was referring more towards the guy who quoted my post

so instead of paying cash i can just pay with the card and then make the payment right after (like paying cash thru a third party but with benefits) ?? :nerd:

that's the way to go.

Racking up them points about to get my flight to japan for free next year :smokin

The 20% only applies to new users

I know, but the 10% Apple Pay is for everyone for any store that accepts Apple Pay. Cap is at 10K (1K CB) and can be combined with 5% categories. That is still a lot.

NDC has 10% CB in the Discover Deals section. Might want to check it out.

Last edited:
Not even sure if I want another card right now after getting one already this year.

No reason to. Just keep using that card a lot and paying it off then around next year or 1.5 years get another.
chill b nobody saying anything :lol: ....flourish man

I actually was about to apply for a chase freedom in the next few but i heard they picky, i was really in need of opening a new line of credit cause im getting serious about having good credit for the future ( crib purchase)

I will never get a Chase card again. Dudes are so stingy and when you want a CLI they want to hard inquire and still be stingy :x :lol:

I think I tried for a chase freedom card and got declined :smh:

Seems like capital one is the only company that likes me

that's the way to go.

Racking up them points about to get my flight to japan for free next year
smokin.gif
I was talking to a guy at work and he said that is exactly what he does. Said any and everything he can pay with his CC for rewards, that's what he does. Said even house bills that take CC he does (cable/internet, electric, water, etc.). Said it is nothing for him to get a few hundred in reward cash every year, and he has the 1%-1.5% reward card. 

Thats what I do. My largest bills (student loans) takes ACH though. But utilities (electricity/gass/insurance) pull from my credit card. I was thinking of doing my rent, but my leasing company charges an extra $20 for card transactions. I'd rather spend that $20 on another bill.

I remember when you used to be able to pay your student bills with CC's. They deaded that asap
I was gonna ask if they let you do that. I'd keep finding cards with 0% introductory APRS and charge 3k at a time pay it off, charge it again, them get another card and do the whole thing over :lol:

With how high my student loans are I could save thousands a year doing that and I'm dead srs too.

Last edited:
I was gonna ask if they let you do that. I'd keep finding cards with 0% introductory APRS and charge 3k at a time pay it off, charge it again, them get another card and do the whole thing over :lol:

With how high my student loans are I could save thousands a year doing that and I'm dead srs too.

No need to get new cards. Discover IT has 0% 12 month APR offers at all time. You can do up to 5 at a time.

No need to get new cards. Discover IT has 0% 12 month APR offers at all time. You can do up to 5 at a time.

Wait what?

Wait what?
Lol man you might want to explore the Discover dashboard sometime. Just using the card for the referral money 
nerd.gif

Discover offers 12 month 0% balance transfers all day every day, you can do up to 5 BTs at a time.

Lol man you might want to explore the Discover dashboard sometime. Just using the card for the referral money :nerd:

Discover offers 12 month 0% balance transfers all day every day, you can do up to 5 BTs at a time.

sounds like a good way to workout your debt. i dont have any but its a good option for those that do.

Question for the experts:

Credit score dropped from high 700s to mid 600s because of a late electrical bill at my old apartment before I moved out for the summer (no follow up emails with me or anything). I didn't know it was late until I moved back and tried to reactivate, and they told me I have a pending bill due. It was for $51.

Anything I can do to refute this? Such a huge drop for something so trivial (in my eyes).

Credit score dropped from high 700s to mid 600s because of a late electrical bill at my old apartment before I moved out for the summer (no follow up emails with me or anything). I didn't know it was late until I moved back and tried to reactivate, and they told me I have a pending bill due. It was for $51.

Anything I can do to refute this? Such a huge drop for something so trivial (in my eyes).
Was the bill sent to collections? 

IDK how balance transfers work. Feel like it is 0% for good reason
Pretty much you transfer a balance from another credit card or loan to the Discover card. The reason why they give these 0% BT offers (3% transfer fee) is because it is in their favor that you will not pay off the balance within the 12months. After the 12 months 20% APR will be applied to the balance that was not paid off for the entire 12 months.

It is a great offer if you pay it off before the 12 months.

Hopefully they are cool but if its on your report it was sent to collections
Try and call for a pay to delete and make sure they have it in writing that it will be removed. If not keep trying to fight it to get it removed but make sure that gets paid asap.

Anybody know what score Discover uses for credit card applications? I have 4 hard inquiries on my Transunion and 1 on my Experian. I need to wait until 1 falls off if they use Transunion smh.

Anybody know what score Discover uses for credit card applications? I have 4 hard inquiries on my Transunion and 1 on my Experian. I need to wait until 1 falls off if they use Transunion smh.

Whats your score? I got like 8 inquiries on my Equifax and they pulled that. Im guessing as long as you have past CC's in good standing and nothing negative open on your credit file that your good to go with them. Also think if you have high limits on your other cards they will approve you.

Back
Top Bottom