24 Looking to build Credit... What are some good tips on your first Credit Card

I'll keep it open just didn't wanna run the risk of missing due dates etc.

Are you
Gonna use the card? Set up mobile, email, and paper notfocations

No way you miss a due date especially with 2 cards in total. I'm sure you can call and try to set the due date to the same as your other card possibly

Set up email notifications and calendar notifications for your due date. Also call them to have the sue dates match, I find that to be easier.

Wait, why have the same due dates? During that interim period where you pay off your card and still use it, wouldn't it show up as a balance on your card?

For example:

- I have a due date on the 2nd of every month

- I pay it off ($0 balance) before the 2nd

- I don't use it until my next due date gets updated (2nd of next month)

If I use the card after the 2nd (before I get my statement or next month due date gets updated), a balance shows up on my statements.

Last edited:
Same due dates are easier to keep track of for people that would forget. Most places let you change your due dates anytime.

Wait, why have the same due dates? During that interim period where you pay off your card and still use it, wouldn't it show up as a balance on your card?

For example:

- I have a due date on the 2nd of every month
- I pay it off ($0 balance) before the 2nd
- I don't use it until my next due date gets updated (2nd of next month)

If I use the card after the 2nd (before I get my statement or next month due date gets updated), a balance shows up on my statements.

Im kinda lost but I'll try to answer what I think the question is :lol:. If you pay the statement balance before the due date (the 2nd in your hypothetical) and you use the card again, the charges you put on the card after you paid your balance and before your due date will not show as a balance that's due on the 2nd. Once your statement cuts that balance is the only thing due on your due date. You can charge as much as you want after your statement cut date and it won't be due until your next statement due date.

Example:

-statement cuts on March 7th ($100 balance), due date is April 2nd
-you pay $100 on March 15th and you charge $200 on March 20th
-your March statement is paid in full and the $200 you charged will be on your April statement (due May 2nd)

Is transunion the more common of the 3 to have errors? Thats where i got all those damn discover inquiries in.

View media item 1979541

posted this in personal finance thread also

TransUnion, my other letters should be coming soon

what did you do to get them deleted if you don't mind me asking. I have some hospital bill that's been on my transunion record for like $100 that shouldn't be on there. It isn't on any other bureau report except TU and it's dragging my score down big time. real FICO for TU is like 70 points lower than my other 2 scores.

Last edited:
what did you do to get them deleted if you don't mind me asking. I have some hospital bill that's been on my transunion record for like $100 that shouldn't be on there. It isn't on any other bureau report except TU and it's dragging my score down big time. real FICO for TU is like 70 points lower than my other 2 scores.

I told people before on NT but no problem I'll tell you again. This is my second time working with this company and results have been great.

They took care of ALL my collections from hospital.

View media item 1980145

Last edited:

I told people before on NT but no problem I'll tell you again. This is my second time working with this company and results have been great.

They took care of ALL my collections from hospital.

View media item 1980145

Cost?

If it was cheap I would tel my mom to do it

So my Equifax score is 805 according to my approval letter from Discover. I don't like the gap smh. 790 TU & 805 EQ. I guess I have either have to apply for an Amex card or pay for the EX score outright. I don't need another another card.

Cost?

what is "cheap" these days?

its 59.99 a month and you don't need it anymore than 3 months...........im sure anyone on NT can afford this service

OR you can write the letters and send them out yourself, I rather pay pros to do it.

Last edited:
I also have an 11.24% APR after the first year with Discover. I just noticed my APR has been 19.40% on my Bank of America card for years. They don't allow interest rate reductions currently and told me to call again in 6 months. I've had that card for 10 years. Discover is treating me better and it's only been a few days.

Last edited:
Cost?

what is "cheap" these days?

its 59.99 a month and you don't need it anymore than 3 months...........im sure anyone on NT can afford this service

OR you can write the letters and send them out yourself, I rather pay pros to do it.

&59.99 is cheap :lol:

But why 3 months?

&59.99 is cheap :lol:

But why 3 months?

its takes 30-45 days

I'm just telling you what i did twice with this company an i don't regret it

do it yourself and save money......

credit doesn't get cleaned up in a week bro

Last edited:
bull **** doc bill made my credit score drop 40 points! Back in the 600s.. SMH!!!

Last edited:
So my Equifax score is 805 according to my approval letter from Discover. I don't like the gap smh. 790 TU & 805 EQ. I guess I have either have to apply for an Amex card or pay for the EX score outright. I don't need another another card.

i always had higher score with equifax

i think car dealerships use TU also

You can get a 7 day trial of experian for $1 directly through experian. Then if you want all 3 later do the 7 day trial of creditchecktotal for $1

i always had higher score with equifax

i think car dealerships use TU also

They use whatever that bank your going with pulls and interest rate you decide to go with. In your case Audi but I dont remember what they pull and what bank Audi specifically uses for financing.

its takes 30-45 days

I'm just telling you what i did twice with this company an i don't regret it

do it yourself and save money......

credit doesn't get cleaned up in a week bro

My mom has bills totalling over 3k, they have sent 3 to collections. What exactly does this service do? They negotiate with hospital bills?

Thanks for the info.

I thought hospital bills don't even factor into ur fico score anymore

https://consumerist.com/2014/08/08/...core-change-will-make-it-hurt-your-life-less/

And this article is from 2014
I remember their being s thread on this when it was first announced

I think that's just for Fico 9 score. Not a lot of lenders are using that score yet Fico 8 is still the most widely used. And even still an unpaid medical collection will look bad on your report to lenders whether they look at the Fico 9 score or the Fico 8 score.

Back
Top Bottom