24 Looking to build Credit... What are some good tips on your first Credit Card

Yeah man its wild. My debit cards are basically useless now with the way scams and fraud are going.I just carry one in case I need to get cash out or for certain food purchases.

Yeah man its wild. My debit cards are basically useless now with the way scams and fraud are going.I just carry one in case I need to get cash out or for certain food purchases.
I leave my debit card + spare credit card at home.

After getting my cards, I don't like holding onto cash.

Yup crazy to be out here using only debit cards.

had this discussion with my boy other day who is a NTr.......

he isn't dumb at all but him an I have a diff way of thinking o well, now that both of my CCs are Rewards points with each use literally makes NO sense to use my debit card ever.

Not to mention much safer to use.

Last edited:

he isn't dumb at all but him an I have a diff way of thinking o well

Lol get that entire account wiped then I bet he will change his mind (unless he only keeps a few hundred). Debit has very minimal protection. They don't alert you of fraud by time you find out it's too late. CC, they won't even approve the transaction until you state if the purchase was fraud or not. At least that's how navy federal is great for fraud protection.

Lol get that entire account wiped then I bet he will change his mind (unless he only keeps a few hundred). Debit has very minimal protection. They don't alert you of fraud by time you find out it's too late. CC, they won't even approve the transaction until you state if the purchase was fraud or not. At least that's how navy federal is great for fraud protection.

i know man i know..............and nah he is a well off NTr for sure.

i personally don't get it......:rolleyes

he isn't dumb at all but him an I have a diff way of thinking o well
I can understand using a debit card if you don't have a CC.

But in addition to your reason above, debit cards usually don't offer any rewards. CCs let your money work for you (cashback, miles, etc.).

I don't know a single "well off" person without a credit card/charge card lol.

Last edited:
Get those cash back offers.  I think Chase Freedom is doing one for spend $500 get $200 back.  Easy money.  Just make sure the spending is the regular spending on bills or if you're planning on making a big purchase.  

Yeah it was my Chase United card. Woke up and saw the alert and simply clicked No and went back to sleep :lol:. Called em up and they sent another one express.

I don't know a single "well off" person without a credit card/charge card lol.
Debit cards are okay for college kids / folks who can't secure CCs.

But there should be no excuses if you can get a CC. Even my 19yo brother got a Discover card with no prior credit history.

laugh.gif

In my opinion you should never have more than 1 card for your first 3 years of owning a credit card. It's better to fall into debt with just one card than 10. That's the best advice I can give you.

In my opinion you should never have more than 1 card for your first 3 years of owning a credit card. It's better to fall into debt with just one card than 10. That's the best advice I can give you.
I got 3 new cards within 2 months last year (2nd year of having a CC), never had balances on any of them, and have no debt (student or otherwise).

Am I doing this wrong?

Last edited:
I'm currently a chase member... never had a cc and plan on going to them to see if I get approved for my first one... will they be able to tell me if I'll get approved or not before I even do anything... last thing I want is to get rejected. 

I'm currently a chase member... never had a cc and plan on going to them to see if I get approved for my first one... will they be able to tell me if I'll get approved or not before I even do anything... last thing I want is to get rejected. 

No they won't. You have to apply to see.

Why are you scared of rejection? You're a sexy, delicious dude.

Apply for the CC. Best case? You get approved. Worst case? You get rejected, then apply for a Discover card (hit up @Zyzz), and get approved.

Last edited:
Scared to get rejected just cause I heard it will make it more difficult to get approved for future CCs... not sure if that was bs or not 

Why are you scared of rejection? You're a sexy, delicious dude.

Apply for the CC. Best case? You get approved. Worst case? You get rejected, then apply for a Discover card (hit up @Zyzz
), and get approved.

Zyzz must be cutting you that finders fee check :lol:

Back
Top Bottom