24 Looking to build Credit... What are some good tips on your first Credit Card

Also a question for y'all, my sister does not have a credit card and just got denied for one, how can she get one approved so she can start building her credit history?

USB-C is the new standard. Except on the iPhone.
laugh.gif

I just looked at the price tag of the base model 
sick.gif
 thats like a desktop and a laptop for me lol. 

I like the look of them but not be able to upgrade any components after build is a major issue for me. 

What laptops do you guys suggest then
Depends on what you do honestly. 

Everyone has preference I prefer PC, MACs are trendy now but my $400 Acer does me just fine lol.

I upgraded the HD and RAM which cost an extra $250. I run 3D modeling program, PS and various cpu programming languages.  

One thing I will say about MAC is Ive never seen a better screen on a laptop but not $1K better. 

If MAC is what you prefer then a refurbished one is what Id buy. QC is great on MAC products, so to save some money get a older model. 

Also a question for y'all, my sister does not have a credit card and just got denied for one, how can she get one approved so she can start building her credit history?

I got denied by a couple so i started with a secured card.

Does it look bad if I cancel some cards? Been solely using my southwest card for the miles and want to cancel my Amex gold

Amex gold is a charge card no utilization hit. Accounts stay on your report for 10 years .

Last edited:
If you're not using a card with an annual fee then obviously do something about it. If you can convert it to a no annual fee card, then do that to keep the history. If you can't convert, then cancel. You're just throwing away money otherwise.

Does it look bad if I cancel some cards? Been solely using my southwest card for the miles and want to cancel my Amex gold
So is it bad if I close my Amex green cArd?

Don't even use it anymore so don't think I wanna pay $100 anymore
Depends on the credit limit on the card your thinking of closing. Its a part of of your overall credit score. 

Lets say if you have a 1K card you dont use but have 20K of credit elsewhere then it wont effect you that much. That said if you have 1K card and only 5-9K then I probably would just keep it. 

My personal rule of thumb is only get CC with annual fees if you plan to use every year. 

Depends on the credit limit on the card your thinking of closing. Its a part of of your overall credit score. 

Lets say if you have a 1K card you dont use but have 20K of credit elsewhere then it wont effect you that much. That said if you have 1K card and only 5-9K then I probably would just keep it. 

My personal rule of thumb is only get CC with annual fees if you plan to use every year. 

Amex green card is a charge card as well so utilization won't be affected at all

Back
Top Bottom