24 Looking to build Credit... What are some good tips on your first Credit Card

What a good card to get that's offering a good promotion if your spending atleast $4,000 in the first three months?

NT, I stepped into a pile of dookie and trying to wipe it off my shoe.

I got a medical bill that needs be paid by my auto insurance company (their negligence) sent to collections. I checked and my FICO score went down by like 80 points in the span of 2 weeks because of that.
I have a few questions for you guys:
-Will my score continue to go down each month?
-Since its my auto insurance company fault and they're working to pay it off for me, how soon does it take for this to come off my credit history report?

I tried a CC the other day and was declined due to this.

he's saying if you join with my referral link you won't get that high of a limit :smh:

he doesn't know what he's talking about, my track record with referrals is impeccable.

HATERS GON HATE

Now I gotta wait for 90 days to increase this trash limit :x

NT, I stepped into a pile of dookie and trying to wipe it off my shoe.

I got a medical bill that needs be paid by my auto insurance company (their negligence) sent to collections. I checked and my FICO score went down by like 80 points in the span of 2 weeks because of that.
I have a few questions for you guys:
-Will my score continue to go down each month?
-Since its my auto insurance company fault and they're working to pay it off for me, how soon does it take for this to come off my credit history report?

I tried a CC the other day and was declined due to this.

items sent to collections is definitely a red flag to banks..get that cleared up..then apply for more credit

he's saying if you join with my referral link you won't get that high of a limit :smh:

he doesn't know what he's talking about, my track record with referrals is impeccable.

HATERS GON HATE

Lol fam your referral won't have any affect on what people are approved for. The approval limit is based on the applicant

You get a higher limit with a referral?

Doesnt your limit have to do with your own credit profile?

Exactly lol

Anyone have experience with the Bank of America Cash rewards card? Been looking around and it seems to be one of the few cards on the market that give you a solid 3% back on gas all year around, without rotating categories. It's also a no annual fee which is a plus. 

^^ This is my go- to daily card. 3% Gas 2% Grocery/Food 1% Everything else. And if you are a Bank of America preferred member, they give you an extra 25-75% bonus when you redeem each month into your BOA checking or savings for example. No yearly fee.

I only use travel cards for the big sign-up bonuses to get free flights and hotels. But to me it's not worth keeping them.

Anyone have experience with the Bank of America Cash rewards card? Been looking around and it seems to be one of the few cards on the market that give you a solid 3% back on gas all year around, without rotating categories. It's also a no annual fee which is a plus. 

^^ This is my go- to daily card. 3% Gas 2% Grocery/Food 1% Everything else. And if you are a Bank of America preferred member, they give you an extra 25-75% bonus when you redeem each month into your BOA checking or savings for example. No yearly fee.

I only use travel cards for the big sign-up bonuses to get free flights and hotels. But to me it's not worth keeping them.

Explain this? You mean 25-75% bonus for whatever cash back you redeem? I've had bofa my whole life and that was my first cc. How do I know if I'm a preferred member? I have $300 in cash back I plan on depositing into my bofa account

I'm the same, bofa had been my daily but for now I'm getting all the cash back/travel points that I can and then I'll go back to daily use. The rewards are perfect for my usage

Last edited:
Explain this? You mean 25-75% bonus for whatever cash back you redeem? I've had bofa my whole life and that was my first cc. How do I know if I'm a preferred member? I have $300 in cash back I plan on depositing into my bofa account

I'm the same, bofa had been my daily but for now I'm getting all the cash back/travel points that I can and then I'll go back to daily use. The rewards are perfect for my usage
You need to be a preferred programs member. 20k in funds between all your BOA accounts for the gold tier 25% plus more  (checkings,savings,investments, etc), and 50k for the next tier for 50% more, 100k for the next. 

So if you have $300 in cashback and for example you were in the platinum tier and get 50% more when redeeming, then you ultimately would get $375 in cash back. 

Even so without the preferred programs, regular BOA account holders get 10% on top automatically when they redeem into their account. 

^ repped, thanks. I think I'll save up a bit more then do it once I hit gold tier

Trying to push one's referrals by saying you can get a higher CL that way? :lol:

That's some scumbag level type stuff

Trying to push one's referrals by saying you can get a higher CL that way? :lol:

It's a joke [emoji]129300[/emoji]

If you have any knowledge with credit like others have said right after that has absolutely zero affect. It's all about your credit, not referrals

If you have any knowledge with credit like others have said right after that has absolutely zero affect. It's all about your credit, not referrals

Thats the problem

People come here to learn and you are just trying to get your referral bonuses

Thats the problem

Word. I don't remember what exactly, but Zyzz said some straight false statements about very basic facts of credit that a few posters corrected you on. And the only time you really ever chime in this thread is when someone asks for a credit card suggestion, you come out of the woodwork to push your referrals.

Thats the problem

its a joke. I haven't been asked for my referral in like a year :rofl:

aint no one asking for **** so stop you're crying, its a joke just like last time someone said they got denied by discover another member jokingly said its because they didn't use my referral :rolleyes

pull your skirt up and work on your credit instead of taking a dumb joke seriously

You got called out for the same thing in the bitcoin thread as well. You know you wanted that referral money. you were begging everyone in that thread on every page to use your referral link :smh:

Thats the problem

Word. I don't remember what exactly, but Zyzz said some straight false statements about very basic facts of credit that a few posters corrected you on. And the only time you really ever chime in this thread is when someone asks for a credit card suggestion, you come out of the woodwork to push your referrals.

I haven't pushed my referral in general and when have I been correct, never said to be an expert nor have I given anyone false information. but ok

damn y'all thirsty for referrals now y'all jumping on me. I remember before when I did ask for referrals no one said a thing, I made a little joke and you guys wanna act like girls :rofl:

soft AF :x

Thats the problem

I haven't been asked for my referral in like a year :rofl:

But you post that people should get the discover it and to hit you up for referrals every week.

Thats the problem

I haven't pushed my referral in general and when have I been correct, never said to be an expert nor have I given anyone false information. but ok

damn y'all thirsty for referrals now y'all jumping on me. I remember before when I did ask for referrals no one said a thing, I made a little joke and you guys wanna act like girls :rofl:

soft AF :x

Cant speak for everyone but ive never referred or posted looking to have some use a referral link.

It was left alone till you came back looking to cover your tracks with your "it was a joke".

I dont care to continue this but keep up the scores people.

Back
Top Bottom