24+ y/o NTers, give some advice to us younger NTers

finish school rather now then later...

dont party too hard, there will always be another party..

My 2 cents.

Get Financial Aid.
Do not go to an expensive university if you can't afford it.  Sadly enough you will be hired more then likely off who you know more then what you know.  I graduated from drexel university with a degree in finance and accounting got a job at nasa as a financial analyst....the girl hired with me is an interior design major....was hired as an admin because her dad works here, other kid that got hired as a financial analyst with me had a marketing degree from Frostburg (if any MD heads know that school they know what it means), his fiance's father is really high up here, got him the job.

Its hard to follow some of this stuff because i will be the first to say i learn more from my own mistakes then anything and i need to experience some of them in order to actually appreciate the lesson.  So no lecture on dumb stuff.

But stay in shape, it helps everything (with girls, health, overall enjoyment of life)
Smile and laugh, it helps a lot you never know who will smile back.
Try not to focus on things out of your control.  Fix what you can brush off what you can't.
Find out what you like (in all aspects, school, clothing, sports, interest in general) and do it.

Originally Posted by cmoneymontana

Work hard now, you will not have to work as hard later in life.
If you are in college, make sure you finish.

Try your hardest to wait until your married to have kids. (My number 1 rule)

If you find that one woman that holds you down no matter what, keep her. There are a TON of sluts out there, they can hide it very well. 
wink.gif

AWESOME
pimp.gif

I'm not 24+, but my only advice to you guys/girls, would be to find something that you absolutely love and find a way to turn it into a career.

That's the recipe to happiness, IMO.

id say my greatest peice of advice is to not take yourself so serious

you have to separate yourself from your ego and realize your true inner happiness is the most important thing, and really, the only thing that matters in the grand scheme...its the only "real" thing in the end.

when you truly let go and separate yourself from your ego, feelings of depression, despair, sadness, etc. wont exist...and if they do, they will be very short lived and minimal.

as you age, you start to realize alot of +$+% you thought mattered, alot of +$+% you let torment you for long periods of time.......really doesnt even matter...

there were situations with people in my life 6 years ago that i used to torment myself pondering

and i dont even see those people anymore

when its all said and done, and you're laying on your deathbed....

no object, person, place or thing will determine the quality of your life

only the quality of the life you lived matters.

why spend that life stressed out, depressed, sad, unhappy?

therefore, i try to stay happy every second i exist, no matter what......and the technique that has given me the most happiness is not taking myself serious and separating myself from my ego, consciously.

Originally Posted by CurbYourEnthusiasm

id say my greatest peice of advice is to not take yourself so serious

you have to separate yourself from your ego and realize your true inner happiness is the most important thing, and really, the only thing that matters in the grand scheme...its the only "real" thing in the end.

when you truly let go and separate yourself from your ego, feelings of depression, despair, sadness, etc. wont exist...and if they do, they will be very short lived and minimal.

as you age, you start to realize alot of +$+% you thought mattered, alot of +$+% you let torment you for long periods of time.......really doesnt even matter...

there were situations with people in my life 6 years ago that i used to torment myself pondering

and i dont even see those people anymore

when its all said and done, and you're laying on your deathbed....

no object, person, place or thing will determine the quality of your life

only the quality of the life you lived matters.

why spend that life stressed out, depressed, sad, unhappy?

therefore, i try to stay happy every second i exist, no matter what......and the technique that has given me the most happiness is not taking myself serious and separating myself from my ego, consciously.
*stands up, round of applause*

Just know that unless you are 100% SURE that you can trust the person...

9 times out of 10 alot of the people that you think you can trust because you were cool with in school or something aren't trustworthy at all. Because there are always those people that will smile in your face, but slander your name behind you back and let you fall and not give a damn about it. Always keep a few close friends that you know will have your back no matter what as you get older..because the older you get, the less tolerant of the +@%%*@!% you will be. So you wanna avoid as much of said +@%%*@!% as possible.

Originally Posted by jaywalkinsince91

Originally Posted by DimesLikeHefner

Originally Posted by scshift

Damn taking out a loan for college isn't the best idea, as you probably already know. Honestly I'd look constantly for ways to avoid borrowing that money, find a loophole in the system of something just don't put debt on your head.

Is tuition a lot?

Nah, he just doesn't want to pay for it. That's the type of guy he his. He told me either to join the military or I can get kicked out. Never really thought about joining because I don't believe in war. But you can't really let these things get you down. You got a whole life to live. Make the most of it. With whatever you do
look into jobcorp, they provide you with room, a side job to keep money in your pocket during school and send you on your way with a certification that is invaluable at the end of it all. best part about it is you can file for grants if you wanna get your gen creds out the way at a jc while your at jobcorp, just make sure you use your financial info and not your pop's

I really appreciate this! I will def look into this

If a girl tells you go out with you boys and have fun .....dont marry her
If a girl tells you go out with you boys and have fun but dont go to jail i wont bail you out MARRY HER........

What it is or wasnt it usually wasnt that serious ....true for most situation
Apologize dont say your sorry
OWN UP TO MISTAKES AND ASK FOR HELP WHEN YOU DONT UNDERSTAND THINGS

For all the college heads, go to every career fair/job fair/info employer session there is. Wear a suit or shirt/tie. Be presentable and talk to the RECRUITERS, its important to distinguish between the recruiter and the new hires they bring along just because they want to go back and visit their school. Those new hires probably have very little pull. So talk to the more established/older looking ppl or the recruiter when at those job fairs. Make friends with them and make sure they remember you. Also a good tip, use those planners the school gives you. Find out when all the companies are coming and write them down in your planner and plan accordingly with your school schedule.

Internships lead to jobs and if you want to be set by senior year when you can just go nut, thats what you gotta do. Also internships at good companies pay very well. You won't be broke in college if you save your money from the internship. Also, you don't want to be scrambling for a job or graduate and be sitting at home for who knows how long.

Go to all the workshops your school offers such as practice interviews and resume building. Get to know your career services center very well. They can help you. There is a ton of books out there for interviewing, what to talk about at job fairs, what questions to ask, READ UP. This might sound like a lot but in actuality it probably only takes up very little of your time during college since you have so much free time.

31 years old here -

only thing i'd say...don't let your emotions get the best of you. be a man, use your head to make your decisions.

Go hard in the paint
Be smart with money
Stay out of trouble.
Know that looks aren't everything when it comes to finding women.....DO NOT OVERLOOK THIS. Some of you will pass up on a Woman that looks alright to simp for an attention getting dime.....when it's a good chance you have more in common with the alright looking Woman that would treat you better and hold you down.

Back
Top Bottom