24-year-old man DIES after refusing to TAP OUT to 14-year-old cousin (during WM party)

Originally Posted by i need Js

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

For those who train or have trained in mma or any other sport you use chokes can you tell when you're about to pass out or does it just happen?

ive yet to go out cold, but i have been caught in a blood/carotid artery choke before.

my experience (may be same/different than others, dont know) - i felt it real quick, as soon as it was locked in and started to get squeezed, probably within 3-5 seconds my head was buzzin and started to get tunnel vision kinda.  i tapped right away as i wasnt really lookin forward to getting choked out cold in front of everyone.

blood choke or a choke across the windpipe is much slower.  to be honest, the pain of having your throat/windpipe crushed hurts as much if not more than the actual lack of oxygen.  I've never got stuck (or refused to tap) from an air choke to the point where i felt like i was going to pass out.

chances are, if this kid didnt know what he was doing (and if the guy started to turn blue) it was an air choke not a blood choke.  if someone that knows what they are doing gets you in a solid sleeper hold/RNC as a blood choke you will drop like a sack of potatoes in about 5 seconds or less.  
I've almost had my lights turned off by blood chokes. Basically yeah, you start getting tunnel vision, everything in your peripheral vision turns white and you start to fade, even when the choke is released it takes you a second to come back down to earth.

It's quite possible that the guy got caught in a blood choke since you don't feel any pain or restricted breathing that sends you into panic mode.

if the kid somehow caught the big guy in a blood choke, $#% was everyone else in the room doing?  just due to the size difference, the kid may not have been able to feel the big guy go out, but all the other spectators in the room shoulda been able to see it way before 30-40 seconds.

Originally Posted by lobotomybeats

in fairness, he kept telling Shawn Michaels not to stop the match

dx_03.gif

The rock gets back on ppv and its 97' all over again
pimp.gif

rip 
tired.gif
...woulda put the wammys on my cousin tho

5'10 220 is a big dude... im pretty sure he couldve rolled over and over powered a dude thats 5'6 110...
im 5'11 170 and i wrestle for fun with friends that are like 5'8 150 and i can struggle out of locks
laugh.gif

and why would he keep him in the lock for so long when hes defenseless and probably stopped resisting.. thats just dumb 
indifferent.gif

He should have tapped out instead of thinking he could withstand the choke hold of a 110 pound kid..sad story anyway.

Originally Posted by blakep267
"We'd have to send the Rock to arrest him."
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

On another note:
I don't get that Chris Benoit reference.

Edit: Nevermind.
30t6p3b.gif

It's always tough when dealing with a loss of life... But the two involved, and everyone in attendance at the party we're idiots.

Back
Top Bottom