27 Dunks NEVER Done In The NBA Dunk Contest That Would ALL Get 50s!

jjs

These dudes should do the dunk contest.

Tired of the crap they put out these years :smh:

bring us back to 2000! :smokin

i dont see the fascination over a dunk contest.
dudes doing tricks in the air before the dunk it :rolleyes
i would rather see a trick shot competition.

A lot of those guys were sick especially dude with the braids. Too many to pinpoint but the two ball dunk over dudes head was :pimp:

I dont think a lot of the guys in the nba have the bounce to do most of those dunks, but I can see gerald green pulling off some of those.

Between the legs elbow jam over a standing person? :smh:

Hasn't Gerald Green done the in between the legs 360? Maybe not. Can't remember. I know Iggy did the behind the back dunk. Not sure if it was 360 or not. 

YES I'M STILL MAD HE WAS ROBBED IN 06 **** NATE ROBINSON

dudes doing tricks in the air before the dunk it
eyes.gif

oh

on a side note: Kenny Dobbs & Guy Dupuy 
sick.gif

Last edited:
[QUOTE url="/t/521055/27-dunks-never-done-in-the-nba-dunk-contest-that-would-all-get-50s/0_20#post_16975282"]

dudes doing tricks in the air before the dunk it :rolleyes

oh
[/quote]

You mean like that HORSE comp a few years back that DRAGGED for hours because everyone was hitting their 3s?

:rolleyes

bruh. that under the legs over the top of someone :x:x:x:x:x:x:x

i still want to see someone do a 720 dunk in the NBA

My problem is that while these are technically "new" dunks (and should warrant a 50 because their preceding counterpart dunk got an equivalent score), most of them are dunks that have been done before with, e.g., a cradle added, or an underneath the legs (as opposed to between the legs), an extra self-pass, a teammate holding it up instead of a self-pass, the same dunk (but a dude doing a cartwheel immediately before)--it's still obviously a feat, and by no means should we discount the athleticism of the player performing the dunk, but is anyone really floored like we were when Vince came through?

Look at dudes like Gerald Green and Flight White and we can see that we're getting into the territory of exclusively sub-par, freak athlete bench players who are participating in dunk contests, whereas, back in the day, everyone was hyped because the dunk contest involved studs in the league who were doing crazy things.

I think the physical bounds of dunking have been reached (though I think someone should still enter and do a legitimate Skywalker jumping over a car dunk) and the entire contest should just be retired.

Last edited:
Child please, Jason Richardson and Desmond Mason did a bunch of those dunks already. 6 done in their dunk contest. I've seen others in the contest as well

I felt gypped when the first one was so basic. Not no 50 at the NBA all star dunk contest. Dudes need to stop the elbow in the rim thing already, somebody gonna lose some skin one day.

Towards the middle and end is where I saw like half a dozen dope never before seen ones. Dobbs as usual does his thing.

The beat in the beginning for this vid though :smokin

This year, please include Gerald Green (again), Derozan (again) or Terrence Ross, and James White.

James White is necessary.

Back
Top Bottom