27 years old and playing NCAA d1, is that even legal?

Originally Posted by emil23j

there is no age limit
for real? did they cancel that rule or what? I could've sworn it was one a few years back.

If your academically eligible, and your healthy, there's no age limit.
laugh.gif

^^Hmm alrite. that's pretty cool. Guess I might give it a go then if I go over as an exchange student lol

i did once hear something about being 26 years old before, but i don't know what it was and google is no help... not sure what that was.

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

wasn't there a 50-something year old guy playing football last year?

Yup. I think it was at a D3 school. Wasn't he a linebacker too?
laugh.gif

Aint Sam Young like 30?
Seriously. This +%#@+ graduated like a few years before me and he still playing. Like he finished at Friendly, disappeared, and then I turn on theTV and this cat catchin alley's at Pitt. I was like "is that the same dude" Son gotta be old.

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

i did once hear something about being 26 years old before, but i don't know what it was and google is no help... not sure what that was.
Over 21 automatically classifies you as a Sophomore I believe. Maybe that was what you were thinking.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

Over 21 automatically classifies you as a Sophomore I believe. Maybe that was what you were thinking.
Nah, not even.

Mormons from BYU come back from Missions and are like 22 year old Freshman. People go play baseball for 4 years after HS, come back and play football.

Not your age, simply your eligibility.

$@*#, you can't even play flag football after 21 b/c that will take a year off of your eligibility.

SMH.

Originally Posted by Chuck Finster

Aint Sam Young like 30?
Seriously. This +%#@+ graduated like a few years before me and he still playing. Like he finished at Friendly, disappeared, and then I turn on the TV and this cat catchin alley's at Pitt. I was like "is that the same dude" Son gotta be old.

laugh.gif
He's only 24... Still old, but nothin crazy...

James Casey from Rice is like 25... Quan Cosby just finished his career at Texas at 26...

People go play baseball for 4 years after HS, come back and play football.
That gotta be against the rules. you can't have like 8+ years of eligibility.

From what I've heard you get 4 years and they start the count as soon as you are a freshman. then you have 4 years (well if you are injured the clock stopsticking...)

Yup. I think it was at a D3 school. Wasn't he a linebacker too?

DE from ball State was like 30+ and he was sa sophmore.

and nah there's no once ur 21 ur a sophmore rule.

From what I've heard you get 4 years and they start the count as soon as you are a freshman. then you have 4 years (well if you are injured the clock stops ticking...)

where yall be gettin this stuff?
your eligibility starts rollin once u ENROLL in college.

U CAN go play minor league/MLB baseball for 12 yrs, come back and still play football collegiately as a Freshman if u havent ever enrolled in college

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Originally Posted by Chuck Finster

Aint Sam Young like 30?
Seriously. This +%#@+ graduated like a few years before me and he still playing. Like he finished at Friendly, disappeared, and then I turn on the TV and this cat catchin alley's at Pitt. I was like "is that the same dude" Son gotta be old.
laugh.gif
He's only 24... Still old, but nothin crazy...

James Casey from Rice is like 25... Quan Cosby just finished his career at Texas at 26...

Isn't Shipley gonna be a 6th year senior or something. He's gotta be at least 23 or 24

From what I've heard you get 4 years and they start the count as soon as you are a freshman. then you have 4 years (well if you are injured the clock stops ticking...)

Nah, I forgot a word.

They go play PRO baseball for 4 years and THEN come to college.

Then you got ol' buddy from South Carolina who was in the army and joined the team at like 30.

And you got that dude who plays LB for Oklahoma, son is like a 26 yr old Jr.

Originally Posted by dreClark

Then you got ol' buddy from South Carolina who was in the army and joined the team at like 30.
A&M had a couple of those two seasons ago
laugh.gif

arent a lot of dudes on byu football like 25+, since they play ball after their mission

Back
Top Bottom