28 yr old Texas physical therapist murdered in cold blood SMFH

Not to derail but why does it matter that his wife was white? As if that is more valuable than any other female
Texas Nters know, certain parts down here still live like its the 1950s', etc..
Jasper is the most infamous/notorious part out here, people generally (of color)try to divert going through that town...
So yes, still dating/marrying a Caucasian woman can get you killed out here and being the wrong color can get you hurt in some of these rural,southern towns...

I read the cliffs and went thru the post being under the impression the man was Caucasian. Animals could mutilate a body, but after seeing the throat was slit, two front teeth were missing, & body wasn't badly decomposed after being out for 18 days it's a red flag for foul play.

Now a after checking an article, and seeing he was black in Jasper Tx I'm certain this was foul play.

Sad. RIP

Definitely foul play involved.. Unfortunate they really aren't doing anything to help. Ain't no damb way it's an overdose :smh:

James Byrd, Jr. (May 2, 1949 – June 7, 1998) was an African-American who was murdered by three men, of whom at least two were white supremacists, in Jasper, Texas, on June 7, 1998. Shawn Berry, Lawrence Russell Brewer, and John King dragged Byrd for three miles behind a pick-up truck along an asphalt road. Byrd, who remained conscious throughout most of the ordeal, was killed when his body hit the edge of a culvert, severing his right arm and head. The murderers drove on for another mile before dumping his torso in front of an African-American cemetery in Jasper.[1] Byrd's lynching-by-dragging gave impetus to passage of a Texas hate crimes law. It later led to the federal Matthew Shepard and James Byrd, Jr. Hate Crimes Prevention Act, commonly known as the Matthew Shepard Act, which passed on October 22, 2009, and which President Barack Obama signed into law on October 28, 2009.[2]
Lawrence Russell Brewer was executed by lethal injection for this crime by the state of Texas on September 21, 2011.[3] King remains on Texas' death row while appeals are pending,[4][5][6] while Berry was sentenced to life imprisonment.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Byrd,_Jr.

Above is a wiki article on a black man that was murdered by a gang of white supremacist in Jasper, Texas.

A simple google search will show NTers skeptical of foul play that this was indeed a racially motivated MURDER. Town is FULL of racist, inbred, rednecks.

Last edited:
Wow! My heart is truly saddened by this horrible, horrible situation. I cannot begin to imagine what this man was put through, and find a little solace in knowing that he is now at peace.

Rest in peace Alfred Wright.

so were drugs found in his system or what?
they just generally say he was on them w/o offering proof (even though i suppose a murderer could inject to cover)

No. First autopsy done they never addresses that his throat was slashed and said a dug overdose killed him.

Family got a separate autopsy and said it was severe trauma and having his throat being slashed that killed him, obviously not a drug overdose that takes off his ear and slashes his throat.

I have family from Jasper.

It's not a game out there at all..

When I travel through Texas, i'm always skeptical about what towns I stop in to gas up.

I remember I was on a roadtrip two years ago and I had to stop in one of those small towns.

Gas station with a diner connected. Walked in and got the most disgusting looks from country old white men. Dude at the counter asked me if I was lost. "Nah, I just need to gas up."

Never again.

Last edited:
Being alive is starting to feel overrated. The world is coming closer to the threshold of evil surpassing good....

RIP.

nah world always been more evil than good.

this world we live in was built on conquest, slavery, blood and hatred.

When I travel through Texas, i'm always skeptical about what towns I stop in to gas up.

I remember I was on a roadtrip two years ago and I had to stop in one of those small towns.

Gas station with a diner connected. Walked in and got the most disgusting looks from country old white men. Dude at the counter asked me if I was lost. "Nah, I just need to gas up."

Never again.

Bruh, certain towns, there's no way in hell that we're stopping in when visiting family out in East Texas. It's like you have time travelled into 1959

Regular day in Jasper Texas
this

I got close family friends that live out there. I hated it the times I went (besides fishing in their backyard) and I probably won't go back. You can smell the racism in the air, I don't know how they can live out there

Sadly this is not out of the norm and I've lived in Texas my entire life.

That extra 10 years was crucial.

Never again.

Bruh, certain towns, there's no way in hell that we're stopping in when visiting family out in East Texas. It's like you have time traveled into 1959

Can vouch for that as well. Back in college when I used to drive back and forth from Houston to Arkansas, there's an exponential amount of those types of little towns. Some of them are just for the sake of being old, just real friendly people who can tell you've never been there. Other places you can tell mirror Jasper. It's been years since I've been through any of those towns, but Tenaha, Diboll, Garrison, Cleveland, etc, all of those range from just being old towns, to old garbage piece of **** towns.

No. First autopsy done they never addresses that his throat was slashed and said a dug overdose killed him.

Family got a separate autopsy and said it was severe trauma and having his throat being slashed that killed him, obviously not a drug overdose that takes off his ear and slashes his throat.

ya i read that too
a drug overdose would require evidence in the form of drugs found in system
can't just say drug overdose w/o then confirming it through testing
so a positive or negative result should be presented - a result would have to be presented

everything too vague

Last edited:
ya i read that too
a drug overdose would require evidence in the form of drugs found in system
can't just say drug overdose w/o then confirming it through testing
so a positive or negative result should be presented - a result would have to be presented

This is a town of 8000 people, history of racism and overall backwardness in the middle of Texas.
Ain't no results.

Back
Top Bottom